English Release 19-June 2013
- Presidents Secretariat
- President of India to visit Tripura from June 20 to 21
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM announces 1000 crore rupee disaster relief for Uttarakhand
- PM congratulates President-elect Rowhani of Iran
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
Extension of time for receiving comments on draft amendments to the Interconnection Regulations applicable for Digital Addressable Cable Television Systems (DAS) and Tariff Order applicable for all addressable systems
- Min of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution
National Consumer Helpline Records 12,704 Calls in may, 2013
- Min of Defence
- Armed Forces Mount Massive Relief Operations in Uttarakhand and Himachal
- Ministry of Finance
Government Approves 1 Proposal of Foreign Direct Investment Amounting to About Rs.7.00 Crore
- India and World Bank Sign Us$ 216 Million Agreement
for Kerala State Transport Project
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Smt. Santosh Chowdhary takes over as Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare
- Min of Human Resource Development
- MoS for HRD Shri Jitin Prasada visits Seoul International Book Fair (SIBF) 2013
- HRD Ministry to Strengthen Monitoring System of Mid Day Meal Scheme
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- MoPNG rebuts allegations regarding KG D-6 Field
- International crude oil price of Indian Basket declines to
103.20/US$ bbl on 18.6.2013
- Ministry of Railways
- Commodity-Wise Freight Revenue by Railways Goes up by 8.66 Per Cent During April-May 2013
- Shri Mallikarjun Kharge Takes Over as Minister of Railways
- Min of Shipping
Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust Signs Concession Agreement with M/s. Nhava Sheva (India) Gateway Terminal Pvt. Ltd
- Min of Textiles
- K S Rao Takes Charge as New Textiles Minister
- Ministry of Tourism
- Tourism Minister Announces New Campaign to Promote Himalayas
Ministry of Railways03-July, 2009 14:32 IST
|New factory to produce EMU/MEMU/Metro Coaches to be set up at Kanchrapara-Halisahar Railway Complex
PROPOSED 1000 MW POWER PLANT TO COME UP AT ADRA
|RAILWAY BUDGET 2009-10 |
Railway Budget for 2009-10 has introduced some landmark initiatives. Announcing this in Parliament today, the Minister of Railways, Kumari Mamata Banerjee said that the Dedicated Freight Corridor project on the Western and Eastern routes is important for creating infrastructure in the country and generating employment and hence it will be known as the ‘Diamond Rail Corridors’ project of the Indian Railways.
The Western corridor passes through Uttar Pradesh, Delhi, Haryana, Rajasthan, Gujarat and Maharashtra. The Eastern Corridor will run from Ludhiana to Kolkata via Dankuni, covering the States of Punjab, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand and West Bengal.
The Minister also announced that foundation is being laid for development of Eastern Industrial Corridor alongside the Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor.
She said, she proposes to put railways land banks to productive use to avoid increase in cost and to help in early start of industrial projects.
The Minister also announced setting up of a new factory at Kanchrapara-Halisahar Railway complex with annual capacity of 500 EMU/MEMU and Metro coaches per annum in Joint Venture/Public-Private Partnership mode. She said, for this project railway land is available.
Kumari Mamata Banerjee also proposed to initiative action for setting up 1000 MW power plant at Adra with Ministry of Power, in under developed tribal area. She said, this project will help in providing employment and bringing the tribal people in the mainstream.
The Minister also announced to initiate action for providing state-of-the-art training facilities at Dankuni for young artisans and supervisors.
(Release ID :49677)