English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi’s address at the ceremony held to rededicate, Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, in Mumbai
- PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Press Note
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh says Indian bureaucrats need constant re-orientation as they face new challenges every day
Ministry of Civil Aviation21-July, 2009 18:55 IST
|FIR registered against continental Airlines personnel for carrying out pre-embarkation security check of ex-president of india|
|Upon the directions of the Ministry of Civil Aviation, the Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS) has today registered an FIR against the American airline - Continental Airlines for carrying out pre-embarkation body check of the Ex-President of India, Shri APJ Abdul Kalam, in gross violation of BCAS Circular No.6/2008 which exempts specified VVIPs/VIPs from pre-embarkation security checks.|
As per the FIR, on 21 April, 2009, Shri Abdul Kalam was traveling by Continental Airlines Flight No.CO-083 from IGI Airport, New Delhi to New York. As he proceeded towards the aircraft, the staff of the Continental Airlines carried out frisking of Shri Abdul Kalam in contravention to the BCAS rule even as the CISF personnel pointed out that he was exempt from such checks. An enquiry was ordered into the matter which established that the staff had wrongfully, under the direction of their Security-in-Charge, Country Director and Station Manager, carried out pre-embarkation body check of Shri Abdul Kalam.
A Show Cause Notice was issued on 9 July, 2009 to the Station Manager of Continental Airline asking as to why action should not be taken against them under Section 11A of Aircraft Act, 1934. The airline was given 7 days to respond. No reply has been received from the airline till date. The BCAS has, thus, registered an FIR with the SHO, IGI Airport Police Station against all the concerned staff of the Continental Airlines under Section 11A of Aircraft Act, 1934 for willful violation of the directions issued by BCAS.
(Release ID :50746)