English Release 24-November 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President of India to visit Karnataka and Maharashtra on November 25 and 26
- President of India condoles the passing away of Murli Deora
- Prime Minister's Office
- Shri Ajit Doval, NSA, appointed as the Special Representative of India to conduct boundary negotiations and strategic consultations with China
- English Rendering of PM’s statement to media outside Parliament House
- PM's statement to media outside Parliament House
- PM expresses sadness on the passing of Shri Murli Deora
- Election Commission
- Bangladesh MPs visit Election Commission Impressed by Indian Electronic Voting Machine
- Facts at A Glance- Jharkhand
- Min for Develop. of North-East Region
- Promotion and Use of Hindi in the North East Region Development Programmes is Important Step in Mainstreaming North East to the Nation: Dr. Jitendra Singh
- Min of Defence
- Go Green Drive by Cadets on The EVE of NCC Day
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- India and Sweden celebrate 5 years of bilateral collaboration in healthcare
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- ‘KILLA’ - A Realistic Fiction on Childhood Nostalgia
- Min of Parliamentary Affairs
- Shri M.Venkaiah Naidu condoles death of Shri Murli Deora
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Combined Defence Services Examination (I), 2014
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 77.39 per bbl on 21.11.2014
- Min of Road Transport & Highways
- Minister Flags off Delhi-Kathmandu-Delhi Bus Service on November 25
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Storage Status of 85 Important Reservoirs of the Country as on November 20, 2014
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- Felicitation for Indian Team for Blind Cricket
Ministry of Agriculture30-July, 2009 21:27 IST
|Scheme for Continuation and strengthening of Indian Veterinary
Research Institute (IVRI) including Implementation of Oversight
Committee Report on Reservation on OBC, Outreach
programmes & sub schemes.
|The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs today approved the implementation of the scheme on Continuation and strengthening of Main Scheme and Sub Schemes of IVRI with a total amount of Rs.262.41 crore as 100% ICAR share for XI Plan and approval for opening of one new centre of PDADMAS at Assam Agricultural University, Khanapara, Guwhati (Assam).
The main objectives of the project would be to enhance production & productivity of livestock & poultry by improving animal health to achieve overall 4% agricultural growth rate.
The brief details of the scheme components are :
(i) Development of Newer generation diagnostics & vaccines for livestock & poultry diseases with strengthening of disease diagnosis and service delivery mechanism.
(ii) Nanotechnology for diagnostics & therapeutics interventions along with Stem cell research and related techniques for enhancing health and production.
(iii) Development of suitable disease forecasting models for different diseases in different agro-climatic zones and Updating of livestock disease profile with region-wise epidemiological mapping of economically important diseases.
(iv) Strategies for the improvement in risk management and monitoring through early warning system of the diseases.
(v) Stress physiology research and technology forecasting for climate scenario.
(vi) Human resource development and Capacity building in the frontier areas of research.
(vii) Extension strategies for strengthening rural economy through improvement in livestock sector.
(Release ID :51296)