English Release 18-June 2013
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM assures all assistance for rescue and relief operations in flood affected Uttarakhand
- Min of Agriculture
- Shri Pawar Calls for Strengthening International Research Institutions, Sharing Knowledge
- Min of Defence
- First C 17 Touches Down in India
- Operation ‘Rahat’ Launched by the IAF
- Ministry of Finance
India Signs Loan Agreement with World Bank for
US$ 255 Million for National AIDS Control Project-IV
Government Approves 16 Proposals of Foreign Direct Investment Amounting to About Rs.1646.875 Crore
- Finance Minister Launches Maiden infrastructure Debt fund (IDF) Scheme of IIFCL Mutual Fund for Catalysing Investment in Infrastructure Sector; FM for Mobilsation of Resources From Insurance and Pension Sector for IDFs
- Min of Home Affairs
- Encounter between CPI (Maoist) and Security Forces in Jharkhand
- Rescue & Relief Operations in Flood Affected Areas of Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh
- Min of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation
- Girija Vyas takes charge as New Minister for Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- I&B Minister and Chinese Information Minister inaugurate Chinese Film Festival
- Min of Labour & Employment
- Shish Ram Ola Takes over as New Union Minister Labour and Employment Minister
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- International crude oil price of Indian Basket increases 104.15/US$ bbl on 17.6.2013
- Ministry of Railways
- Indian Railways Carry 171.91 Million Tonnes of Freight During April – May 2013
- Min of Road Transport & Highways
New Materials and Technology to be used for Road Construction
Shri Oscar Farnandes is New Minister for Road Transport and Highways
- Min of Social Justice & Empowerment
Shri Manikrao H. Gavit Takes Charge as Minister of State for Social Justice & Empowerment
- Ministry of Tourism
Turkish Ambassador Calls on Tourism Minister
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Harish Rawat Expresses Satisfaction Over the Rescue Operation and Relief Works in the Flood Affected Areas
- Planning Commission
- Gujarat Plan for 2013-14 Finalized
Ministry of Agriculture30-July, 2009 21:27 IST
|Scheme for Continuation and strengthening of Indian Veterinary
Research Institute (IVRI) including Implementation of Oversight
Committee Report on Reservation on OBC, Outreach
programmes & sub schemes.
|The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs today approved the implementation of the scheme on Continuation and strengthening of Main Scheme and Sub Schemes of IVRI with a total amount of Rs.262.41 crore as 100% ICAR share for XI Plan and approval for opening of one new centre of PDADMAS at Assam Agricultural University, Khanapara, Guwhati (Assam).
The main objectives of the project would be to enhance production & productivity of livestock & poultry by improving animal health to achieve overall 4% agricultural growth rate.
The brief details of the scheme components are :
(i) Development of Newer generation diagnostics & vaccines for livestock & poultry diseases with strengthening of disease diagnosis and service delivery mechanism.
(ii) Nanotechnology for diagnostics & therapeutics interventions along with Stem cell research and related techniques for enhancing health and production.
(iii) Development of suitable disease forecasting models for different diseases in different agro-climatic zones and Updating of livestock disease profile with region-wise epidemiological mapping of economically important diseases.
(iv) Strategies for the improvement in risk management and monitoring through early warning system of the diseases.
(v) Stress physiology research and technology forecasting for climate scenario.
(vi) Human resource development and Capacity building in the frontier areas of research.
(vii) Extension strategies for strengthening rural economy through improvement in livestock sector.
(Release ID :51296)