English Release 20-October 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM delivers Convocation Address at the 42nd Convocation of AIIMS
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 85.06 per bbl on 17.10.2014
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- India Won 6 Medals at 2nd Asian Para Games 2014 on 19th October, 2014
- Min of Textiles
- Textiles Minister inaugurates “Silk Fab” exhibition
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Expert Advisory Group Constituted to Render Assistance to Matters Pertaining to Water Sector
Ministry of Agriculture30-July, 2009 21:27 IST
|Scheme for Continuation and strengthening of Indian Veterinary
Research Institute (IVRI) including Implementation of Oversight
Committee Report on Reservation on OBC, Outreach
programmes & sub schemes.
|The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs today approved the implementation of the scheme on Continuation and strengthening of Main Scheme and Sub Schemes of IVRI with a total amount of Rs.262.41 crore as 100% ICAR share for XI Plan and approval for opening of one new centre of PDADMAS at Assam Agricultural University, Khanapara, Guwhati (Assam).
The main objectives of the project would be to enhance production & productivity of livestock & poultry by improving animal health to achieve overall 4% agricultural growth rate.
The brief details of the scheme components are :
(i) Development of Newer generation diagnostics & vaccines for livestock & poultry diseases with strengthening of disease diagnosis and service delivery mechanism.
(ii) Nanotechnology for diagnostics & therapeutics interventions along with Stem cell research and related techniques for enhancing health and production.
(iii) Development of suitable disease forecasting models for different diseases in different agro-climatic zones and Updating of livestock disease profile with region-wise epidemiological mapping of economically important diseases.
(iv) Strategies for the improvement in risk management and monitoring through early warning system of the diseases.
(v) Stress physiology research and technology forecasting for climate scenario.
(vi) Human resource development and Capacity building in the frontier areas of research.
(vii) Extension strategies for strengthening rural economy through improvement in livestock sector.
(Release ID :51296)