English Release 24-April 2014
- Election Commission
- List of Contesting Candidates for Parliamentry Constituences(for Poll Dates Till 24 th April)
- Min of Civil Aviation
Delhi Airport to Become Zero Diversionary Airport
- Min of Culture
- Festival of India in China – Launch of Logo, Release of Posters and Webpage
- Min of Earth Science
- IMD Releases Long Range Forecast for the 2014 Southwest Monsoon Season Rainfall
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Civil Services (Main) Examination, 2012
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket decline marginally to US$ 106.81 per bbl on 23.4.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- International Conference on - ‘Emerging Fire Protection Technologies for Rolling Stock’ Inaugurated
Ministry of Agriculture30-July, 2009 21:27 IST
|Scheme for Continuation and strengthening of Indian Veterinary
Research Institute (IVRI) including Implementation of Oversight
Committee Report on Reservation on OBC, Outreach
programmes & sub schemes.
|The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs today approved the implementation of the scheme on Continuation and strengthening of Main Scheme and Sub Schemes of IVRI with a total amount of Rs.262.41 crore as 100% ICAR share for XI Plan and approval for opening of one new centre of PDADMAS at Assam Agricultural University, Khanapara, Guwhati (Assam).
The main objectives of the project would be to enhance production & productivity of livestock & poultry by improving animal health to achieve overall 4% agricultural growth rate.
The brief details of the scheme components are :
(i) Development of Newer generation diagnostics & vaccines for livestock & poultry diseases with strengthening of disease diagnosis and service delivery mechanism.
(ii) Nanotechnology for diagnostics & therapeutics interventions along with Stem cell research and related techniques for enhancing health and production.
(iii) Development of suitable disease forecasting models for different diseases in different agro-climatic zones and Updating of livestock disease profile with region-wise epidemiological mapping of economically important diseases.
(iv) Strategies for the improvement in risk management and monitoring through early warning system of the diseases.
(v) Stress physiology research and technology forecasting for climate scenario.
(vi) Human resource development and Capacity building in the frontier areas of research.
(vii) Extension strategies for strengthening rural economy through improvement in livestock sector.
(Release ID :51296)