English Release 28-August 2014
- President's Secretariat
- LLB STUDENTS OF HOOGHLY MOHSIN COLLEGE CALL ON THE PRESIDENT
- President’s greetings on the occasion of
- President to present National Sports Awards tomorrow
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Greets Citizens on Ganesh Chaturthi
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM launches Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
- "Excited to meet PM Shinzo Abe": PM tweets in Japanese for the first time
- Min of Chemicals and Fertilizers
Jan-Dhan Programme at Bangalore
- Min of Defence
- Flagging off Ceremony : NCC Girls Mountaineering Expedition 2014 to MT Rudugaira Peak
- Ministry of Finance
- Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana Launched by The Prime Minister; About 1.5 Crore Accounts are Expected to be Opened on the Day of the Launch ; Over 77,000 Camps Being Organized for this Purpose
- Report on Public Debt Management for the First Quarter of 2014-15 (April-June 2014) Released
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- New health policy to address health issues of young modern women
- Min of Home Affairs
- Eminent Freedom Fighters Committee to Meet at Port Blair
- Min of Labour & Employment
- Shri Narendra Singh Tomar to Chair National Consultation for Skill Development
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- ACC Appointment
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 101.39 per bbl on 27.08.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- Arjuna Awards–2014 for Railway Sportspersons
- Min of Road Transport & Highways
Cashless Treatment for Road Accident Victims
- Min of Women and Child Development
Maneka Sanjay Gandhi Launches Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana in Dehradun Along with its Nation-Wide Launch
Ministry of Agriculture30-July, 2009 21:27 IST
|Scheme for Continuation and strengthening of Indian Veterinary
Research Institute (IVRI) including Implementation of Oversight
Committee Report on Reservation on OBC, Outreach
programmes & sub schemes.
|The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs today approved the implementation of the scheme on Continuation and strengthening of Main Scheme and Sub Schemes of IVRI with a total amount of Rs.262.41 crore as 100% ICAR share for XI Plan and approval for opening of one new centre of PDADMAS at Assam Agricultural University, Khanapara, Guwhati (Assam).
The main objectives of the project would be to enhance production & productivity of livestock & poultry by improving animal health to achieve overall 4% agricultural growth rate.
The brief details of the scheme components are :
(i) Development of Newer generation diagnostics & vaccines for livestock & poultry diseases with strengthening of disease diagnosis and service delivery mechanism.
(ii) Nanotechnology for diagnostics & therapeutics interventions along with Stem cell research and related techniques for enhancing health and production.
(iii) Development of suitable disease forecasting models for different diseases in different agro-climatic zones and Updating of livestock disease profile with region-wise epidemiological mapping of economically important diseases.
(iv) Strategies for the improvement in risk management and monitoring through early warning system of the diseases.
(v) Stress physiology research and technology forecasting for climate scenario.
(vi) Human resource development and Capacity building in the frontier areas of research.
(vii) Extension strategies for strengthening rural economy through improvement in livestock sector.
(Release ID :51296)