English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi’s address at the ceremony held to rededicate, Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, in Mumbai
- PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Press Note
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh says Indian bureaucrats need constant re-orientation as they face new challenges every day
Ministry of Science & Technology05-August, 2009 12:9 IST
|India to have certified technology commercialization specialists|
|Consultancy Development Centre ( CDC ) has launched a project for training and certification of Technology Commercialization Specialists in the country. As part of this project around 200 experts/specialists/consultants will be trained on various aspects of technology commercialization, beginning with technology assessment to technology transfer, leading to mass manufacturing.
The proposed training process will expose the pool of experts and scientist/engineers from R&D Institutions to commercialization process for few model technologies having potential for commercialization. The training process will also deal with various aspects of technology Commercial viability; organizational set up; transfer process; technology transfer package; legal issues for commercialization; field support and marketing technology/products/solutions.
The project, expected to be completed in six months would train and certify Technology Commercialization Specialists across technologies – biological, chemical, mechanical and electronics. These Technology Commercial Specialists will subsequently work with R&D engineers in the lab to facilitate transfer of technologies from the lab to the manufacturers for bulk production, thus reaching out the benefits of public funded R&D institutions to the masses. With the training of lab personnel on technology commercialization process, the success of R&D efforts would be visible in tangible parameters, leading to greater credibility for indigenous R&D efforts.
This pioneering initiative launched by the Consultancy Development Centre will fill a long standing gap of technology commercialization know how faced by public funded labs in Science and Technology, Defence, Telecom, Space, Agriculture, Medicine and other fields.
Consultancy Development Centre (CDC) is an autonomous institution of the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR), Ministry of Science and Technology, set up as a nodal organization for promotion, development and strengthening of consultancy skills and capabilities. CDC has a network of more than 20000 consultants/consultancy organizations/experts representing Technical, Engineering and Management disciplines spread across the country. CDC is also the secretariat for promotion of Consultancy among 15 countries of Asia Pacific Region under TCDPAP. More information is available on www.cdc.org.in
(Release ID :51531)