English Release 2-September 2014
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Inaugurates 89th Foundation Course at Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration in Mussoorie
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s remarks at the Indian Community Reception in Tokyo
Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s remarks after inaugurating the TCS Japan Technology and Culture Academy
- Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s keynote address at welcome reception hosted by Japan-India Association and Japan-India Parliamentary Friendship League
- PM inaugurates Vivekananda Cultural Centre at Indian Embassy in Tokyo
- PM’s remarks at the Indian Community Reception in Tokyo
- PM's keynote address at welcome reception hosted by Japan-India Association and Japan-India Parliamentary Friendship League
- Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s keynote address at event organized by Nikkei Inc. and Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO)
- PM's keynote address at event organized by Nikkei Inc. and Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO)
- Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s special lecture at the University of the Sacred Heart, Tokyo
- PM’s remarks after inaugurating the TCS Japan Technology and Culture Academy
- PM's special lecture at the University of the Sacred Heart, Tokyo
- Min of Agriculture
- Government puts Agriculture Sector on Fast Track
- Min of Defence
- Fast Patrol Vessel ICGS Abhiraj Commissioned at Tuticorin
- Min of Environment and Forests
- Initiatives of the Ministry of Environment, Forests & Climate Change
- Ministry of Finance
- A High Level Committee Constituted for Considering the Proposals for Assessment of Income arising or accruing before 1st April, 2012 on Account of Retrospective Amendments to the Provisions Related to Indirect Transfer
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Revised strategy for Kala Azar eradication launched
- Min of Home Affairs
- MHA Asks Manipur Govt to Take Preventive Steps in view of UNC Blockade
- Union Home Minister asks Kerala CM to take Strict action against Political Killings
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- I&B Ministry initiatives to enhance Outreach and information dissemination through multiple platforms
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Petroleum Minister emphasizes on adopting energy efficient techniques for better development of the nation
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 101.29 per bbl on 01.09.2014
- Min of Power
- Landmark Initiatives for Energy Efficiency Launched
- Min of Rural Development
- Sweeping changes made in MGNREGA by Nitin Gadkari
- Min of Science & Technology
- Atomic Energy Regulatory Board (AERB) Releases the Annual Report for the Year 2013-14
- MoU Signed between National Cancer Institute, AIIMS, Jhajjar Campus and DBT, GOI
- Dr Jitendra Singh Announces DBT Collaboration in Establishing A “National Cancer Institute” at Jhajjar, Haryana.
- Min of Tribal Affairs
- “Single Window System” for Obtaining Market Information on Minor Forest Produces Through Toll Free Number 1800 180 1551
Ministry of Labour & Employment14-August, 2009 14:51 IST
|Prime Minister’s Shram Awards for 2007 announced
SHRAM RATNA AWARD GOES TO A TATA MOTORS WORKER AND SHRAM BHUSHAN TO THE EMPLOYEES OF BHARAT ELECTRONICS LTD.
SEVEN WOMEN WORKERS AMONGST RECIPIENTS OF SHRAM AWARDS
|The Government of India today announced the Prime Minister’s Shram Awards for the year 2007 to be awarded to 52 workers employed in the Departmental Undertakings & Public Sector Undertakings of the Central and State Governments and Private Sector Units employing 500 or more workers in recognition of their distinguished performances, innovative abilities, outstanding contribution in the field of productivity and exhibition of exceptional courage and presence of mind. The Prime Minister’s Shram Awards are announced by the Ministry of Labour & Employment every year on the eve of Independence Day. |
This year, one Shram Ratna Award, four Shram Bhushan Awards, twelve Shram Vir/Shram Veerangana and Sixteen Shram Shree/Shram Devi Awards have been announced. Even though, the total number of Shram Awards is 33, the number of workers receiving the Awards is 52 (including seven women), as some of the Awards have been shared by workers and/or teams of workers consisting of more than one worker. These include 35 workers from the public sector and 17 workers from the private sector.
For the year 2007, the prestigious Shram Ratna Award has been awarded to Shri Naikawadi Sunil Maruti, Tata Motors Limited, Pune. This is the highest Award (one in number) among the Shram Awards and carries a cash award of Rs.2,00,000/- along with a ‘Sanad’.
SHRAM BHUSHAN (FOUR)
The Shram Bhushan Awards for the year 2007 has been announced for Smt. Jothi Lakshmi of Bharat Electronics Ltd., Bangalore and Shri Karan Singh of Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd., Haridwar in the category of Public Sector Undertakings. In Private Sector category, the Shram Bhushan Award goes to Shri Tiwari Jayant Sureshprasad of Tata Motors Ltd., Pune and Shri Bhanwar Singh of Hindalco Industries Ltd., Sonebhadra. The Shram Bhushan Award carries a cash award of Rs.1,00,000/- and a ‘Sanad’.
SHRAM VIR/SHRAM VEERANGANA
Twelve Shram Vir/Shram Veerangana Awards have also been announced on this occasion. It carries a cash award of Rs.60,000/- and a ‘Sanad’. One woman worker from public sector has also been chosen for Shram Veerangana Award this year. The Shram Vir/Shram Veerangana Awardees are Shri Rajbir Singh, Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd., Haridwar; Shri Hari Prasad Joshi, Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd., Haridwar; Shri K. Karuppiah, SAIL, Salem Steel Plant, Salem; a team comprising S/Shri Debdas Karmakar, Ranjan Sarkar, Tapas Sarkar, Debasish Dutta, Malay Saha and Dharm Chandra Mishra (Jointly) (all from SAIL, Durgapur Steel Plant, Durgapur); a team comprising S/Shri Abdul Jabbar Khan, G. Ramachander and R. Narsing Rao (Jointly) (all from Defence Research and Development Laboratory, Hyderabad); a team comprising S/Shri Rashmi Ranjan Rout, Ratikanta Sahoo, Amar Nath Mohanty and Ms. Rashmita Jena (Jointly) (all from SAIL, Rourkela Steel Plant, Rourkela) (all from Public Sector); Shri Shital Nemgonda Patil, Tata Motors Ltd., Pune; Shri Yogendra Prasad, Tata Steel Ltd., Jamshedpur; Shri Suresh Prasad, Tata Steel Ltd., Jamshedpur; Shri Sanjay Gunvantlal Shah (Gujarat Narmada Valley Fertilizers Co. Ltd., Bharuch); Shri Mahendra Nath Gupta, Hindalco Industries Ltd., Sonebhadra; and Shri Uday Prakash Shaw, Tata Steel Ltd., Jamshedpur (all from Private Sector).
SHRAM SHREE/ SHRAM DEVI
Sixteen Shram Shree/Shram Devi Awards carrying a cash award of Rs. 40,000/- each have also been announced. A team of four women workers from public sector and one woman worker from private sector have been selected for Shram Devi Award this year. The Shram Shree/Shram Devi Awardees are, Shri Prakash Kumar Sahoo, SAIL, Rourkela Steel Plant, Rourkela; Shri S. Amalraj, SAIL, Salem Steel Plant, Salem; Shri Vinod Kumar Shekhar Menon, Naval Dockyard, Mumbai; Shri Vaze Vidyadhar Anantrao,
Ammunition Factory, Pune; a team comprising S/Shri Soumitra Banerjee, Ranjeet Sharma, Subhabrata Banerjee, Debashis Chakraborty and Debaprasad Mukherjee (Jointly) (all from SAIL, Durgapur Steel Plant, Durgapur); Shri Bhushan Lal Ahuja, Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd., Haridwar; a team comprising S/Shri K. Muthusamy, R. Sithaiyan and I. Madheswaran (Jointly) (all from SAIL, Salem Steel Plant, Salem); a team comprising Smt. Parvathamma, Smt. T. Parvathi, Smt. V. Shashikala and Smt. Chandrakala C. (Jointly) (all from Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd., Bangalore) (all from Public Sector) Shri D.S. Udyawar, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd., Mumbai; Shri Ravindra Kashinath Borude, Bajaj Auto Ltd., Aurangabad; Shri William Marshal Pereira, Larson & Toubro Ltd., Mumbai; Shri Chandrakant Sakharam Jadhav, Tata Motors Ltd., Pune; Shri Keshao Shaligram Ingle, Godrej & Boyce Mfg. Company Ltd., Mumbai; Shri S. Venkatesh, Ashoka Leyland Ltd., Chennai; Shri Vinod Sadanand Nandoskar, Reliance Energy Ltd., Thane and Smt. Chita Murmu, Tata Steel Ltd., Jamshedpur (all from Private Sector).
(Release ID :51848)