English Release 20-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President of India conveys greetings and best wishes to the President of Indonesia
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s speech at the 42nd Annual Convocation Ceremony of AIIMS, New Delhi
- PM delivers Convocation Address at the 42nd Convocation of AIIMS
- Min of Agriculture
- Indigenous Breed of Cow Has Great Potential to Increase Farm Income – Dr. Sanjeev Balyan
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- Union Commerce & Industry Minister Smt Nirmala Sitaraman launches website on e-governance initiatives of Coffee Board
- Streamlining the Procedure for Grant of Industrial Licenses
- Min of Corporate Affairs
- Form ADT-1 available for filing
- Min of Defence
- Senior Defence Officers Trained at Pune for assuming
Senior Roles in Civil Industry
- INS Teg Visits Simon's Town, South Africa for IBSAMAR
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- PM to inaugurate World Ayurveda Conference on November 6
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- IIMC to be upgraded to a Communication University: Shri Prakash Javadekar
- Min of Labour & Employment
- Union Government is Committed to Protect the Interests of Workers: Sh Narendra Singh Tomar
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh takes up issue of aggrieved students of ‘Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme for J&K’ with HRD Minister
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 85.06 per bbl on 17.10.2014
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- India Won 6 Medals at 2nd Asian Para Games 2014 on 19th October, 2014
- Min of Textiles
- Textiles Minister inaugurates “Silk Fab” exhibition
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Expert Advisory Group Constituted to Render Assistance to Matters Pertaining to Water Sector
Cabinet20-August, 2009 14:53 IST
|Amendments to the National Institutes of Technology
|The Union Cabinet today approved the proposal to amend the National Institutes of Technology Act 2007. The main features of the amendment are: i) Incorporation of Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER) in the National Institutes of Technology Act 2007; (ii) Need to strengthen existing transitional provisions of the Act; (iii) Need to give representation to nearby premier Central Institutions in the Board of Governors; and (iv) Need to amend the procedure for appointment of Deputy Directors in NITs.
Effective amendments into the NIT Act 2007 will remove certain drawbacks in the NIT Act 2007; and incorporation of IISERs into the NIT Act, 2007. Declaring them as Institutes of national importance, will enable them in awarding of the degrees etc.
The proposed amendments aim at fostering improvements in the existing set-up, establishment of proper and effective management structures in the Technical Institutions, providing an environment to encourage innovative ideas.
The National Institutes of Technology Act, 2007 covers 20 such institutions as listed in the Schedule of the Act. Now that the Act has been in operation for about 23 months, a need has been felt to amend it.
The Bill to amend the National Institutes of Technology Act, 2007 will be introduced in both the Houses of Parliament in their next session, and once the same is approved, the amendment to the Act will come in to force after receiving the assent of the President.
(Release ID :51993)