English Release 17-September 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- Chinese President and First Lady visit Sabarmati Riverfront, accompanied by the PM
PM and Chinese President visit Sabarmati Ashram.
- PM and Chinese President Xi Jinping witness signing of 3 MoUs in Ahmedabad
- PM launches Swavlamban Abhiyaan - new pro-poor initiatives of the Gujarat Government
- Min of Agriculture
- Finance to 5 Lakh Joint Farming Groups of “Bhoomi Heen Kisan” through Nabard in the Current Financial Year
- Min of Commerce & Industry
Deputy USTR Meets Commerce Secretary
- India to be Partner Country in Hannover Messe Fair During April 2015
- Gilead Briefs Nirmala Sitharaman about their Licensing Agreements with Seven India-Based Generic Pharmaceutical Manufacturers
- Min of Defence
- Operation Megh Rahat : 17 sep 14
Restoration of connectivity
- Opening Ceremony : Exercise Yudh Abhyas 2014
- Ministry of Finance
- Bank of Maharashtra Celebrates its 80th Foundation Day; Crosses the Business Level of Rs 2 Lakh Crores
- CMD, IFCI Ltd. Presents A Dividend Cheque of Rs. 92.30 Crore to the Union Finance Minister
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Medical Relief Operation Stepped up in J&K
- Min of Home Affairs
- A delegation of Unified Naga Council calls on the Union Home Minister
- Union Minister for Surface Transport & Highways and Shipping Calls on Union Home Minister
- Uttarakhand Minister calls on Union Home Minister
- Union Home Minister to attend Sixth Meeting of SAARC Ministers of Interior / Home at Kathmandu
- Min of Labour & Employment
- Shri Narendra Singh Tomar presents Vishwakarma and Safety Awards
- Min of Micro,Small & Medium Enterprises
- Govt Lobbying Hard for Base Rate Interest Regime for MSME : Kalraj Mishra
- Min of Minority Affairs
- Dr.Najma Heptulla Announces Rs.120 Crore Relief and Rehabilitation Package for J&K Flood Victims
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas takes several measures to ensure availability of essential petroleum products in the aftermath of floods in the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Daily Crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 95.92/bbl on 16.09.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- Commodity-Wise Freight Revenue Earnings of Railways Goes Up by 16.70 Per Cent in August 2014 & 10.67 Per Cent During April-August 2014
- Min of Textiles
- Textiles Minister Honours 54 Women Achievers in Sericulture
- Min of Women and Child Development
- Press Note of Union Ministry of Women & Child Development
Cabinet20-August, 2009 14:53 IST
|Amendments to the National Institutes of Technology
|The Union Cabinet today approved the proposal to amend the National Institutes of Technology Act 2007. The main features of the amendment are: i) Incorporation of Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER) in the National Institutes of Technology Act 2007; (ii) Need to strengthen existing transitional provisions of the Act; (iii) Need to give representation to nearby premier Central Institutions in the Board of Governors; and (iv) Need to amend the procedure for appointment of Deputy Directors in NITs.
Effective amendments into the NIT Act 2007 will remove certain drawbacks in the NIT Act 2007; and incorporation of IISERs into the NIT Act, 2007. Declaring them as Institutes of national importance, will enable them in awarding of the degrees etc.
The proposed amendments aim at fostering improvements in the existing set-up, establishment of proper and effective management structures in the Technical Institutions, providing an environment to encourage innovative ideas.
The National Institutes of Technology Act, 2007 covers 20 such institutions as listed in the Schedule of the Act. Now that the Act has been in operation for about 23 months, a need has been felt to amend it.
The Bill to amend the National Institutes of Technology Act, 2007 will be introduced in both the Houses of Parliament in their next session, and once the same is approved, the amendment to the Act will come in to force after receiving the assent of the President.
(Release ID :51993)