English Release 31-October 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- Sidelights – Run For Unity Event at Rajpath, New Delhi
- PM flags off, joins Run For Unity on Sardar Patel Jayanti
- PM remembers Smt. Indira Gandhi on her Punya Tithi
- PM pays tributes to Sardar Patel on his birth anniversary
- Min of Home Affairs
- “Police Stations should become Temples of Justice,” says Rajnath Singh
- Min of Parliamentary Affairs
- Standing Committee on Railways invites suggestions on Railways(Amendment) Bill, 2014
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 84.77 per bbl on 30.10.2014
Ministry of Defence31-August, 2009 17:43 IST
|General Deepak Kapoor is New Chairman COSC|
|Admiral Sureesh Mehta, Navy Chief handed over the baton of Chairman Chiefs of Staff Committee to Army Chief General Deepak Kapoor at South Block, New Delhi.
General Deepak Kapoor, the new Chairman of the COSC was commissioned in the Indian Army in Jun 1967 and has held important Staff and Command appointments during his illustrious career. The General Officer has taken active part in 1971 Bangladesh operations.
He commanded a brigade in the Line of Control in Jammu and KashmIr, a division as part of a strike corps during OP PARAKRAM and a corps on the Indo-China border. On promotion as Army Commander, he commanded the Army Training Command at Shimla. Thereafter, he commanded the Northern Command from 05 Sep 2005 to 31 Dec 2006.
The General officer has also represented the country as the Chief Operations Officer for all United Nations Forces deployed in Somalia from 1994 to 1995.
The General officer took over as the Chief of Army Staff on 30 Sep 07. Since then he has focused on the modernisation of the Army in pursuit of the aim of making it one of the finest Armies in the world.
The General was awarded the Vishisht Seva Medal in Jan 1996, Sena Medal in Jan 1998, Ati Vishisht Seva Medal in Jan 2006 and Param Vishisht Seva Medal in Jan 2007,
(Release ID :52258)