English Release 31-January 2015
- President's Secretariat
- President of India Congratulates DRDO on the Successful Test-Firing of Agni-V
- President’s Message on the Occasion of 38th Anniversary of Indian Coast Guard
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM reviews PaHaL Scheme for Direct Benefit Transfer for LPG Subsidy
- PM salutes our scientists, on the successful test-firing of Agni V missile
- PM gives best wishes to all athletes participating in the 35th National Games
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Commemorative Postage Stamp on Swachh Bharat Released
- Min of Culture
Dr Mahesh Sharma lays foundation stone of campus buildings of National Museum Institute and Indian Culinary Institute
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- Siri Fort Auditorium amongst the top 50 auditoriums for cinema viewing in India- Col Rajyavardhan Rathore
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- ACC Appointments
- 18th National Conference on e-Governance concludes in Gandhinagar
- ACC Appointments
- Ministry of Tourism
- Dr Mahesh Sharma lays foundation stone of campus buildings of National Museum Institute and Indian Culinary Institute
- Min of Tribal Affairs
- Tribal Afairs Ministers Felicitates Tribal Guests and the Tableaux Artistes & Supporting Staff, who had Participated in this Year’s Republic Day Parade
- Min of Urban Development
- Speech made by the Hon’ble Union Minister for Urban Development at the Inauguration of 35th National Games in Kerala on 31st January, 2015
- States show the way forward on building smart cities
Ministry of Defence31-August, 2009 17:43 IST
|General Deepak Kapoor is New Chairman COSC|
|Admiral Sureesh Mehta, Navy Chief handed over the baton of Chairman Chiefs of Staff Committee to Army Chief General Deepak Kapoor at South Block, New Delhi.
General Deepak Kapoor, the new Chairman of the COSC was commissioned in the Indian Army in Jun 1967 and has held important Staff and Command appointments during his illustrious career. The General Officer has taken active part in 1971 Bangladesh operations.
He commanded a brigade in the Line of Control in Jammu and KashmIr, a division as part of a strike corps during OP PARAKRAM and a corps on the Indo-China border. On promotion as Army Commander, he commanded the Army Training Command at Shimla. Thereafter, he commanded the Northern Command from 05 Sep 2005 to 31 Dec 2006.
The General officer has also represented the country as the Chief Operations Officer for all United Nations Forces deployed in Somalia from 1994 to 1995.
The General officer took over as the Chief of Army Staff on 30 Sep 07. Since then he has focused on the modernisation of the Army in pursuit of the aim of making it one of the finest Armies in the world.
The General was awarded the Vishisht Seva Medal in Jan 1996, Sena Medal in Jan 1998, Ati Vishisht Seva Medal in Jan 2006 and Param Vishisht Seva Medal in Jan 2007,
(Release ID :52258)