scientist were selected for 2009 Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize for
science and technology on the occasion of CSIR Foundation Day celebration here
today at Vigyan Bhawan.
Their names discipline-wise are as under:
1. Dr Amitabh Joshi, Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for
Advanced Scientific Research, Banglore.
2. Dr Bhaskar Saha, National Centre for Cell Science, Pune.
1. Dr Charusita chakravarty, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, New Delhi.
2. Dr Narayanaswamy Jayaraman, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
Ocean & Planetary Sciences
1. Dr S K Satheesh, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
1. Dr Giridhar Madras, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
2. Dr Jayant Ramaswamy Haritsa, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
1. Dr Venapally Suresh, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad
1. Dr Santosh Gajanan Honavar, L V Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad
1. Dr Rajesh Gopakumar, Harish-Chandra
research Institute, Allahabad
2. Dr Abhishek Dhar, Raman Research Institute, Bangalore
The Bhatnagar Prizes are given to
scientists below 45 years of age, for their outstanding scientific
contributions made primarily in India during the last 5 years preceding the year of the Prize. The SSB Prize comprises a
citation, a plaque and a cash award of Rs.5,00,000/-
(Rupees five lakh only), and are given to the
recipients by the Prime Minister of India.