English Release 22-September 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Writers and Artists ‘In-Residence’ call on the President
- President of India’s message on the eve of National Day of Saudi Arabia
- Election Commission
- General Election to Legislative Assemblies of Haryana & Maharashtra 2014 - Allotment of Broadcast/Telecast time to Political Parties – regarding
- Min of Agriculture
- Kharif Sowing Crosses 1015 Lakh Hectare Mark
- Min of Defence
- BRO Annual Chief Engineers’ Conference 2014 : A Curtain Raiser
- Min of Home Affairs
- Security is the first and foremost requirement for development says; Union Home Minister
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 95.35 per bbl on 19.09.2014
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- Minister of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs & Sports Sarbananda Sonowal congratulates Indian Medal Winners at Asian Games 2014
Ministry of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports25-October, 2009 16:16 IST
|Sports Minister sanctions Rs 20 lakh for Subroto Cup|
|In view of the Golden Jubilee year of the Subroto Cup football Tournament, Dr. M.S. Gill, Union Minister of Youth Affairs & Sports, has sanctioned an additional amount of Rs. 20 lakh to the organizers of the Tournament. This is in keeping with his vision, that encouragement and scaling up the level of sports at the school and college levels is crucial to the overall improvement of sporting talent and accomplishments in India. The Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports has been traditionally supporting the Tournament with an annual grant of Rs. 5 lakh.
The Subroto Cup football Tournament, is a unique tournament, in which champion school teams from the States and Union Territories of India battle it out on the football field, for top honors in the under-14 and under-17 age category. It is the only Indian football tournament for school boys. The tournament is conducted by the Indian Air Force and it is dedicated to the memory of first Indian Air Chief, late A.M. Subroto Mukherjee. This year, the Tournament celebrates its Golden Jubilee year. The Tournament has progressively under-gone a sea change in terms of number of participating teams, spectator interest and showcasing the sport in the National Capital. Its increasing importance can be gauged from the fact that the European teams have started participating in the Tournament.
Dr. Gill, will be presiding over the Subroto Cup final on the 26th October, 2009.
(Release ID :53430)