English Release 22-May 2013
- Election Commission
- Enviornment Ministry Celebrates International Day for Biological Diversity
- Min of Agriculture
Farmers, Farming Communities Honoured for their Contribution in Conserving Plant Genetic Resources
- Min of Defence
- Foundation Stone of Indian National Defence University will be laid Tomorrow
- Ministry of Finance
- Change in Tariff Value of Gold Notified
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Indo-China Bilateral Meet on Healthcare Sector Held
- Azad Meets Sebelius at Geneva
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- International crude oil price of Indian Basket falls sharply
to 101.98/US$ bbl on 21.5.2013
Ministry of Communications & Information Technology26-November, 2009 17:50 IST
|Centralised System to Monitor Communicaitons|
| Rajya Sabha|
The Government proposes to set up a centralized system to monitor communications on mobile phones, landlines and the internet in the country. Centralized Monitoring System (CMS) is envisaged to be implemented by DOT to strengthen the security environment in the country. With the implementation of CMS following problems which are inherent in the present system will be overcome.
- In the existing system secrecy can be easily compromised due to manual intervention at many stages while in CMS these functions will be performed on secured electronic link and there will be minimum manual intervention.
- Interception through CMS will be instant as compared to the existing system which takes a very long time.
The envisaged salient features of CMS are as follows:
- Central and regional database which will help Central and State level Law Enforcement Agencies in Interception and Monitoring.
- Direct Electronic Provisioning of target numbers by Government agencies without any manual intervention from Telecom Service Providers (TSPs).
- Filters and Alert creation on the target numbers.
- Call Data Records (CDR) analysis and data mining on CDRs to identify call details, location details etc. of the target numbers.
- R&D in related fields for continuous upgradation of the CMS.
Pilot project of CMS is likely to be started by June, 2010 subject to clearance by Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA).
This reply was given by Shri Gurudas Kamat, Minister of State for Communications and Information Technology in Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :54679)