English Release 21-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Envoys of five nations present credentials to President of India
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Greets People on Deepawali
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM chairs meeting on urban development issues
- PM’s Telephone Conversation with Prime Minister of Malaysia
- PM to be in Srinagar on Diwali, 23rd October; will spend the day with flood-affected people
- PM salutes the bravery of our policemen on Police Commemoration Day
- PM greets the nation on Dhanteras
- Election Commission
- South Asian Election Commissioners Impressed by Counting Technology and Prompt Results Sharing of Experiences at South Asian Workshop
- Min of Agriculture
- National Seeds Corporation Hands Over Dividend Cheque to Union Agriculture Minister
- Radha Mohan Singh emphasizes the need to increase Productivity of Milch Cattle
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Indian Deegation to the ITU Conference Lead by Communications and Information Technology Minister Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad called for Democratisation of Global Affairs of Telecommunications and Internet Governance
- Min of Corporate Affairs
- Merger of National Spot Exchange Limited
- Google Case
- Min of Culture
- Union Minister of State for Culture and Tourism, Shri Shripad Naik launches the National Portal for Museums
- Min of Defence
- Navy Helicopter Airlifts Spares for 132 kv Transmission
Tower on Simhachalam Hill – Visakhapatnam
- Ministry of Finance
- Project Report on “DRISHTI” Submitted to Finance Minister
- Min of Food Processing Industries
- Minister of Food Processing Industries Reiterates the Need to Strengthen further Indo-French Cooperation in Agro-processing Sector.
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Dr Harsh Vardhan spells out Ebola action plan
- Min of Mines
- Mineral Production During August 2014
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- ACC Appointments
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Production Performance of Oil & Natural Gas Sector for the month of September, 2014
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 84.12 per bbl on 20.10.2014
- Min of Road Transport & Highways
- Electronic Toll Collection: A Uniform Standard of Service to Commuters
- Min of Science & Technology
- Dr. Jitendra Singh announces hike in fellowship amount to Research Scientists
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- India Won 2 Gold, 1silver & 3 Bronze at 2nd Asian Para Games 2014 on 20th October, 2014
- Min of Steel
- Ministry of Steel to set up “Steel Research & Technology Mission of India”
Ministry of Communications & Information Technology26-November, 2009 17:50 IST
|Centralised System to Monitor Communicaitons|
| Rajya Sabha|
The Government proposes to set up a centralized system to monitor communications on mobile phones, landlines and the internet in the country. Centralized Monitoring System (CMS) is envisaged to be implemented by DOT to strengthen the security environment in the country. With the implementation of CMS following problems which are inherent in the present system will be overcome.
- In the existing system secrecy can be easily compromised due to manual intervention at many stages while in CMS these functions will be performed on secured electronic link and there will be minimum manual intervention.
- Interception through CMS will be instant as compared to the existing system which takes a very long time.
The envisaged salient features of CMS are as follows:
- Central and regional database which will help Central and State level Law Enforcement Agencies in Interception and Monitoring.
- Direct Electronic Provisioning of target numbers by Government agencies without any manual intervention from Telecom Service Providers (TSPs).
- Filters and Alert creation on the target numbers.
- Call Data Records (CDR) analysis and data mining on CDRs to identify call details, location details etc. of the target numbers.
- R&D in related fields for continuous upgradation of the CMS.
Pilot project of CMS is likely to be started by June, 2010 subject to clearance by Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA).
This reply was given by Shri Gurudas Kamat, Minister of State for Communications and Information Technology in Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :54679)