English Release 29-July 2014
- President's Secretariat
- PRESIDENT CONGRATULATES MEDAL WINNERS IN
- President of India’s greetings on Idu’l Fitr
- Prime Minister's Office
- CEO, Mitsubishi Corporation, calls on PM
- PM addresses scientists at 86th ICAR Foundation Day
- PM greets Vice President on Eid-ul-Fitr
- PM greets people on Eid-ul-Fitr
- Min of Agriculture
- Prime Minister give Mantras of "Kam Zameen, Kam Samay, Zyaada Upaj","Per Drop, more Crop", and "Lab to Land"
- Min of Urban Development
- New urban development initiatives to address shortcomings of JNNURM
- Min of Youth Affairs & Sports
- Minister of Youth Affairs & Sports, Sarbananda Sonowal congratulates Indian medal winners on the 5th day in commonwealth Games 2014
Ministry of Information & Broadcasting26-November, 2009 17:52 IST
|Madhura Jasraj recounts life with the Maestro|
Noted film director V. Shantaram’s love for dance has been experienced by millions through his films but the fact that he himself was an accomplished dancer was revealed by his daughter and film director Madhura Jasraj at IFFI-2009 today. Smt. Jasraj whose film on her husband ‘Sangeet Martand Pandit Jasraj’ is part of ‘Moments with the Maestros’ a special package on great masters of Indian music presented by the Films Division in IFFI Goa-2009. Remembering her father Smt Jasraj recalled his sincerity and hardworking disposition. ‘He did not hesitate to even paint the walls of studio’, Said Smt Jasraj.
During an interaction at IFFI-Goa 2009 Smt Jasraj said that Pandit Jasraj has approved the work. ‘Probably he has seen the film (Sangeet Martand Pandit Jasraj) sincerely for the first time in IFFI only’ said an amused Madhura Jasraj. According to her, Pandit Jasraj complemented her that the movie covers most of the facets of his musical life. Commenting on life with the doyen of Indian classical music, Madhura Jasraj said that music is intrinsic part of his life even today he does ‘riyaz’ for at least 12 hours everyday. Apart from music everything is left to Madhura, right from domestic assignments to finance.
In her advice to women director she cautioned that it is tough field and one should be ready for irregular time schedule and long hours on the job.
Chief Producer of the Films Division Shri Kuldeep Sinha was also present during the interaction. The interaction started with a one minute silence as a mark of respect for martyrs of Mumbai attack that took place on 26 November last year.
(Release ID :54680)