English Release 24-April 2014
- Election Commission
- List of Contesting Candidates for Parliamentry Constituences(for Poll Dates Till 24 th April)
- Min of Civil Aviation
Delhi Airport to Become Zero Diversionary Airport
- Min of Culture
- Festival of India in China – Launch of Logo, Release of Posters and Webpage
- Min of Earth Science
- IMD Releases Long Range Forecast for the 2014 Southwest Monsoon Season Rainfall
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Civil Services (Main) Examination, 2012
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket decline marginally to US$ 106.81 per bbl on 23.4.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- International Conference on - ‘Emerging Fire Protection Technologies for Rolling Stock’ Inaugurated
Ministry of Information & Broadcasting26-November, 2009 17:52 IST
|Madhura Jasraj recounts life with the Maestro|
Noted film director V. Shantaram’s love for dance has been experienced by millions through his films but the fact that he himself was an accomplished dancer was revealed by his daughter and film director Madhura Jasraj at IFFI-2009 today. Smt. Jasraj whose film on her husband ‘Sangeet Martand Pandit Jasraj’ is part of ‘Moments with the Maestros’ a special package on great masters of Indian music presented by the Films Division in IFFI Goa-2009. Remembering her father Smt Jasraj recalled his sincerity and hardworking disposition. ‘He did not hesitate to even paint the walls of studio’, Said Smt Jasraj.
During an interaction at IFFI-Goa 2009 Smt Jasraj said that Pandit Jasraj has approved the work. ‘Probably he has seen the film (Sangeet Martand Pandit Jasraj) sincerely for the first time in IFFI only’ said an amused Madhura Jasraj. According to her, Pandit Jasraj complemented her that the movie covers most of the facets of his musical life. Commenting on life with the doyen of Indian classical music, Madhura Jasraj said that music is intrinsic part of his life even today he does ‘riyaz’ for at least 12 hours everyday. Apart from music everything is left to Madhura, right from domestic assignments to finance.
In her advice to women director she cautioned that it is tough field and one should be ready for irregular time schedule and long hours on the job.
Chief Producer of the Films Division Shri Kuldeep Sinha was also present during the interaction. The interaction started with a one minute silence as a mark of respect for martyrs of Mumbai attack that took place on 26 November last year.
(Release ID :54680)