English Release 12-March 2014
- President's Secretariat
President of India conveys deep concern and sympathy over missing Malaysian airlines flight
- Vice President's Secretariat
VICE PRESIDENT INTERACTS WITH STUDENTS OF UNIVERSITY OF PUNE
- Election Commission
- Fact Sheet on Jharkhand
- Record increase in number of post-graduates in 15th Lok Sabha
- Min of Civil Aviation
- India Aviation-2014 Inaugurated at Hyderabad
- Min of Culture
- Rare Gupta Period Sculptures Discovered in Sarnath Excavations
- Exhibition on Ghadar Party and Transvaal March
- Min of Defence
- CAS Visit to the Andaman Nicobar Command & Eastern Sector
- Min of Law & Justice
- Press Communique
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket increases marginally to 105.50 per bbl on 11.3.2014
- Min of Statistics & Programme Implementation
- Quick Estimates of Index of Industrial Production and Use-Based Index for the Month of January, 2014 (Base 2004-05=100)
- Consumer Price Index Numbers on Base 2010=100 for Rural, Urban and Combined For the Month of February, 2014
- Ministry of Tourism
- Growth of 1.7% in tourists availing of “Tourist Visa on Arrival” (VoA) Scheme
Ministry of Information & Broadcasting26-November, 2009 17:52 IST
|Madhura Jasraj recounts life with the Maestro|
Noted film director V. Shantaram’s love for dance has been experienced by millions through his films but the fact that he himself was an accomplished dancer was revealed by his daughter and film director Madhura Jasraj at IFFI-2009 today. Smt. Jasraj whose film on her husband ‘Sangeet Martand Pandit Jasraj’ is part of ‘Moments with the Maestros’ a special package on great masters of Indian music presented by the Films Division in IFFI Goa-2009. Remembering her father Smt Jasraj recalled his sincerity and hardworking disposition. ‘He did not hesitate to even paint the walls of studio’, Said Smt Jasraj.
During an interaction at IFFI-Goa 2009 Smt Jasraj said that Pandit Jasraj has approved the work. ‘Probably he has seen the film (Sangeet Martand Pandit Jasraj) sincerely for the first time in IFFI only’ said an amused Madhura Jasraj. According to her, Pandit Jasraj complemented her that the movie covers most of the facets of his musical life. Commenting on life with the doyen of Indian classical music, Madhura Jasraj said that music is intrinsic part of his life even today he does ‘riyaz’ for at least 12 hours everyday. Apart from music everything is left to Madhura, right from domestic assignments to finance.
In her advice to women director she cautioned that it is tough field and one should be ready for irregular time schedule and long hours on the job.
Chief Producer of the Films Division Shri Kuldeep Sinha was also present during the interaction. The interaction started with a one minute silence as a mark of respect for martyrs of Mumbai attack that took place on 26 November last year.
(Release ID :54680)