English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi’s address at the ceremony held to rededicate, Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, in Mumbai
- PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Press Note
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh says Indian bureaucrats need constant re-orientation as they face new challenges every day
Planning Commission10-December, 2009 16:11 IST
|UIADI Rules for volunteers|
|Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has come up with the rules for incorporating volunteers in the work of the Authority.
UIDAI, under the Chairmanship of Shri Nandan Nilekani, has been entrusted with the task of providing unique IDs to all the residents of the country. This is a gigantic task in terms of size, technology, logistics and complexity. The task becomes even more challenging when one considers the diversity in infrastructure and languages in our country.
The approach of the Authority, as of now, centers on a demand-driven strategy which seeks to enroll residents into UID system through an eco system of “Registrars” which are essentially Departments and agencies at the State and Central level who deal with the residents in their normal course of activities. The Authority hopes that as the task before it seeks to bring in people into the system, especially those who are poor and marginalized. The basic thrust of the Authority is on inclusion. Therefore, it hopes that volunteers in the areas of technology, enrolment and other areas will significantly contribute and help the Authority to achieve its goal.
The Authority plans to have volunteers both on a full-time basis as also on a part-time basis. The UIDAI hopes that it will be able to areas of technology awareness creation and enrollment. The Authority plans to have volunteers both on part-time basis as also on a full time basis. The rules lay down the process of enrolling the volunteers and also prescribe various safeguards to ensure that there are no conflicts of interests. These rules can be seen on the UIDAI website www.uidai.gov.in
NNK / RK
(Release ID :55605)