English Release 4-March 2015
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee at the President’s standard presentation to 21 Squadron and 116 Helicopter Unit
- India firmly committed to Peace and Stability, says the President
- Prime Minister's Office
- 35 MLAs from Maharashtra call on PM
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- Notice Inviting Applications (NIA) issued for e-auction of 135 Private FM Radio Channels in 69 Cities in First Batch of FM Phase III
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global Crude Oil Price of Indian Basket was US$ 58.84 per bbl on 03.03.2015
- Min of Tribal Affairs
- Skill Development Centres in Maoist Affected Areas
- Min of Urban Development
- 46 PPP Projects with an investment of Rs.25,902 cr in progress for augmenting urban infrastructure
- Smart City Task Forces for Ajmer, Allahabad and Visakhapatnam set up
Prime Minister's Office11-December, 2004 18:19 IST
|PM releases special commemorative edition on Mulk Raj Anand|
|The Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh, recalled his close friendship and association with noted author, Mulk Raj Anand, at the release of a special commemorative edition – “The Mulk Raj Anand Omnibus”, here today. The commemorative edition comprises three novels – “Untouchable, Coolie and Private Life of an Indian Prince” and has been brought out on the occasion of Mulk Raj Anand’s 100th birth anniversary today.
Recalling his association with Mulk Raj Anand, the Prime Minister said, “in remembering Mulk we honour a tradition of scholarship, which views the role of artist and a novelist as a social critic, concerned with inequities, inequalities and injustices, and who believed that the power of pen in the long run might prove to be more powerful than the power of vested interests”. Dr. Manmohan Singh also noted that the ideas and ideals presented by Mulk Raj Anand are so powerful that they would continue to inspire many generations of Indians to come.
Eminent educationist, Dr. Amrik Singh and noted social activist, Smt. Indira Goswami were among the distinguished gathering present on the occasion.
(Release ID :5591)