English Release 26-November 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee at the Eleventh Convocation of Symbiosis International University
- Deepen private sector involvement in education, says President
- President of India condoles the passing away of Sitara Devi
- Prime Minister's Office
- Speech by the Prime Minister at the SAARC Summit
- 26/11: PM salutes the bravery of security personnel who laid down their lives and reaffirms commitment to combat terrorism
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- Implementation of National Design Polic
- Extension Of Validity Of Industrial Licences By DIP
- Steps Taken To Improve Position In Business Index
- Schemes for Promotion and Modernization Of Industrial Unit
- Implementation of National Manufacturing Polic
- Push To Manufacturing Sector
- Doubling India's Share in Global Trade
- Boosting Industrial Production
- Signing Of FTAs
- New Foreign Trade Policy to address slowdown concerns of exporters: Commerce Secretary
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Public Grievance
- Procedure for Communication
- Representation of OBC/SC/ST in Higher Officer
- Amending Rules for Safeguarding Women
- Appointment of SPG Director
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 76.91 per bbl on 25.11.2014
- Min of Shipping
- New Mechanism of Collection of Light Dues for Container Ships
- Min of Tribal Affairs
- Jual Oram inaugurates Tribal Art and Crafts Mela Aadishilp
- Min of Urban Development
- Shri M.Venkaiah Naidu approves enhancement of Ground Coverage and FAR in Delhi
- DMRC’s Revenues Exceed Budget Targets
Ministry of Railways21-January, 2010 14:17 IST
|Electrification of Rohtak-Bhatinda-Lehra Muhabat section
of Northern Railway
|The Cabinet Committee on Infrastructure today approved the electrification of the Rohtak-Bhatinda-Lehra Muhabat section of Northern Railway.
The cost of electrification of this line is estimated at Rs.215.93 crore with allocation of Rs.32.39 crore in XI Plan and Rs.183.54 crore in XII Plan.
The Rohtak-Bhatinda-Lehra Muhabat section of Northern Railway is a very important passenger and freight corridor. Electrification of this section will cater to the anticipated increase in freight and passenger traffic.
The section Rohtak-Bhatinda-Lehra Muhabat (252 RKM/485 TKM) of Delhi and Ambala Division of Northern Railway is a predominantly double line section which includes 129 RKMs as double line between Rohtak and Jakhal while doubling is sanctioned between Jakhal-Bhatinda. Bhatinda-Lehra Muhabat (25 RKM) is a single line section. This section serves as a very important passenger and freight corridor. The Passenger traffic on this section is the Mail Express trains linking Northern India with Eastern and Central India.
The capacity utilization of Delhi-Ambala-Kalka section is as high as 170% in 29006-07 and annual growth of freight traffic in this section is 10% per annum. Hence it is not possible to handle load via this section. There is no alternative except to run freight traffic on Delhi-Rohtak-Bhatinda-Lehra Muhabat section. Electrification of Shakurbasti-Rohtak is already in progress.
With electrification from Shakurbasti upto Lehra Muhabat (via Bhatinda), goods traffic can go right upto thermal power plant at Kattar Singh Wala and Lehra Muhabat in Punjab without any change in traction. There will be seamless flow of goods traffic, as traction change/detention at Rohtak, Shakurbasti and Tughlakabad would be eliminated.
The project is planned to be completed in five years and will be executed by Central Organisation for Railway Eletrification, Allahabad. The project is expected to be completed in the year 2014-15 and will cover two States, i.e. Haryana and Punjab and five districts, i.e. Rohtak, Jind, Narwana, Jakhal of Haryana and Bhatinda of Punjab.
(Release ID :57153)