English Release 1-March 2015
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM's address at event to mark completion of 25 years of NASSCOM
- PM writes to Afghan President Dr. Ashraf Ghani, condoles loss of lives in avalanches
- Min for Develop. of North-East Region
- Dr. Jitendra Singh hails Rs 2,362 crore budget allocation for the Northeast
- Min of Coal
- Opening of Applications for Allotment of Schedule 1 Coal Mines
- Ministry of Finance
- Change In Tariff Value of Crude Palm Oil, Rbd Palm Oil, Others – Palm Oil, Crude Palmolein, Rbd Palmolein, Others – Palmolein, Crude Soyabean Oil, Brass Scrap (All Grades), Poppy Seeds, Areca Nuts, Gold And Silver Notifie
- New Investment Pattern For Non-Government Provident Funds, Superannuation Funds And Gratuity Funds With Effect From 1st April, 2015
- International Financial Services Centre (IFSC)
- Banking Reforms
- Changes proposed in priority sector lending (psl)-regarding
- Steps Being Taken for Increasing Financing to Micro, Small And Medium Enterprises (Msmes)
- Micro Units Development and Refinance Agency (Mudra) Bank
- Introduction of the Atal Pension Yojana
- Highlights of The Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana
- Highlights of the Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (Pmsby – Scheme 1 - for Accidental Death Insurance)
- Min of Parliamentary Affairs
- Parliament to take up Ordinances Replacement Bills in the second week of Budget Sessio
Ministry of Railways21-January, 2010 14:17 IST
|Electrification of Rohtak-Bhatinda-Lehra Muhabat section
of Northern Railway
|The Cabinet Committee on Infrastructure today approved the electrification of the Rohtak-Bhatinda-Lehra Muhabat section of Northern Railway.
The cost of electrification of this line is estimated at Rs.215.93 crore with allocation of Rs.32.39 crore in XI Plan and Rs.183.54 crore in XII Plan.
The Rohtak-Bhatinda-Lehra Muhabat section of Northern Railway is a very important passenger and freight corridor. Electrification of this section will cater to the anticipated increase in freight and passenger traffic.
The section Rohtak-Bhatinda-Lehra Muhabat (252 RKM/485 TKM) of Delhi and Ambala Division of Northern Railway is a predominantly double line section which includes 129 RKMs as double line between Rohtak and Jakhal while doubling is sanctioned between Jakhal-Bhatinda. Bhatinda-Lehra Muhabat (25 RKM) is a single line section. This section serves as a very important passenger and freight corridor. The Passenger traffic on this section is the Mail Express trains linking Northern India with Eastern and Central India.
The capacity utilization of Delhi-Ambala-Kalka section is as high as 170% in 29006-07 and annual growth of freight traffic in this section is 10% per annum. Hence it is not possible to handle load via this section. There is no alternative except to run freight traffic on Delhi-Rohtak-Bhatinda-Lehra Muhabat section. Electrification of Shakurbasti-Rohtak is already in progress.
With electrification from Shakurbasti upto Lehra Muhabat (via Bhatinda), goods traffic can go right upto thermal power plant at Kattar Singh Wala and Lehra Muhabat in Punjab without any change in traction. There will be seamless flow of goods traffic, as traction change/detention at Rohtak, Shakurbasti and Tughlakabad would be eliminated.
The project is planned to be completed in five years and will be executed by Central Organisation for Railway Eletrification, Allahabad. The project is expected to be completed in the year 2014-15 and will cover two States, i.e. Haryana and Punjab and five districts, i.e. Rohtak, Jind, Narwana, Jakhal of Haryana and Bhatinda of Punjab.
(Release ID :57153)