English Release 29-March 2015
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM's remarks in condolence book, at the funeral of the founding father of Singapore, Mr. Lee Kuan Yew
- PM meets Deputy Prime Minister of Singapore, Emeritus Senior Minister of Singapore, and President of Israel
- Remarks by Prime Minister to the Media at Singapore
- Ministry of Finance
- Government Releases About Rs. 385 Crore to Andhra Pradesh while about Rs. 150 Crore to Telangana as part of the 13th Finance Commission Recommendations
- Min of Parliamentary Affairs
- Rajya Sabha prorogued
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh receives Rs. 25 lakh cheque for J&K flood relief
- Practice of Yoga best for health: Dr. Jitendra Singh
Ministry of Railways21-January, 2010 14:17 IST
|Electrification of Rohtak-Bhatinda-Lehra Muhabat section
of Northern Railway
|The Cabinet Committee on Infrastructure today approved the electrification of the Rohtak-Bhatinda-Lehra Muhabat section of Northern Railway.
The cost of electrification of this line is estimated at Rs.215.93 crore with allocation of Rs.32.39 crore in XI Plan and Rs.183.54 crore in XII Plan.
The Rohtak-Bhatinda-Lehra Muhabat section of Northern Railway is a very important passenger and freight corridor. Electrification of this section will cater to the anticipated increase in freight and passenger traffic.
The section Rohtak-Bhatinda-Lehra Muhabat (252 RKM/485 TKM) of Delhi and Ambala Division of Northern Railway is a predominantly double line section which includes 129 RKMs as double line between Rohtak and Jakhal while doubling is sanctioned between Jakhal-Bhatinda. Bhatinda-Lehra Muhabat (25 RKM) is a single line section. This section serves as a very important passenger and freight corridor. The Passenger traffic on this section is the Mail Express trains linking Northern India with Eastern and Central India.
The capacity utilization of Delhi-Ambala-Kalka section is as high as 170% in 29006-07 and annual growth of freight traffic in this section is 10% per annum. Hence it is not possible to handle load via this section. There is no alternative except to run freight traffic on Delhi-Rohtak-Bhatinda-Lehra Muhabat section. Electrification of Shakurbasti-Rohtak is already in progress.
With electrification from Shakurbasti upto Lehra Muhabat (via Bhatinda), goods traffic can go right upto thermal power plant at Kattar Singh Wala and Lehra Muhabat in Punjab without any change in traction. There will be seamless flow of goods traffic, as traction change/detention at Rohtak, Shakurbasti and Tughlakabad would be eliminated.
The project is planned to be completed in five years and will be executed by Central Organisation for Railway Eletrification, Allahabad. The project is expected to be completed in the year 2014-15 and will cover two States, i.e. Haryana and Punjab and five districts, i.e. Rohtak, Jind, Narwana, Jakhal of Haryana and Bhatinda of Punjab.
(Release ID :57153)