English Release 20-August 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President of India condoles the passing away of Shri Bks Iyengar
- Conference of Chairmen, Board of Governors and Directors of Indian Institutes of Technology to be held on August 22
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM condoles the passing away of Yogacharya BKS Iyenger
- PM presents DRDO awards
- Min of Defence
- Port Call INS Sahyadri at Manila, Philippines
- Ministry of Finance
- Public Comments sought on Draft of Forward Contracts (Regulation) (Intermediaries) Rules, 2014
- Min of Home Affairs
- Director General Level Talks Between NCB, India and PNB, Sri Lanka
- Home Minister Launches the Plan Scheme of
Mainstreaming Civil Defence in Disaster Risk Reduction
- FCRA Outreach Seminar in Maharashtra
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- ACC Appointment
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket decreased to US$ 99.94 per bbl on 19.08.2014
- Min of Power
- PM to Dedicate 765 kV Ranchi-Dharamjaygarh-Sipat Inter-Regional Transmission Line ;
- Prime Minister to Dedicate Mouda Super Thermal Power Project to the Nation in Nagpur Tomorrow
- Ministry of Tourism
- State Tourism Ministers Conference to be held in New Delhi on 21st August 2014
- Ministry of Water Resources
- 2015-2016 to be Observed as Water Conservation Year
One Uninterrupted Stream of Ganga to be Ensured within Three Years Says Uma Bharti
Ministry of Railways21-January, 2010 14:17 IST
|Electrification of Rohtak-Bhatinda-Lehra Muhabat section
of Northern Railway
|The Cabinet Committee on Infrastructure today approved the electrification of the Rohtak-Bhatinda-Lehra Muhabat section of Northern Railway.
The cost of electrification of this line is estimated at Rs.215.93 crore with allocation of Rs.32.39 crore in XI Plan and Rs.183.54 crore in XII Plan.
The Rohtak-Bhatinda-Lehra Muhabat section of Northern Railway is a very important passenger and freight corridor. Electrification of this section will cater to the anticipated increase in freight and passenger traffic.
The section Rohtak-Bhatinda-Lehra Muhabat (252 RKM/485 TKM) of Delhi and Ambala Division of Northern Railway is a predominantly double line section which includes 129 RKMs as double line between Rohtak and Jakhal while doubling is sanctioned between Jakhal-Bhatinda. Bhatinda-Lehra Muhabat (25 RKM) is a single line section. This section serves as a very important passenger and freight corridor. The Passenger traffic on this section is the Mail Express trains linking Northern India with Eastern and Central India.
The capacity utilization of Delhi-Ambala-Kalka section is as high as 170% in 29006-07 and annual growth of freight traffic in this section is 10% per annum. Hence it is not possible to handle load via this section. There is no alternative except to run freight traffic on Delhi-Rohtak-Bhatinda-Lehra Muhabat section. Electrification of Shakurbasti-Rohtak is already in progress.
With electrification from Shakurbasti upto Lehra Muhabat (via Bhatinda), goods traffic can go right upto thermal power plant at Kattar Singh Wala and Lehra Muhabat in Punjab without any change in traction. There will be seamless flow of goods traffic, as traction change/detention at Rohtak, Shakurbasti and Tughlakabad would be eliminated.
The project is planned to be completed in five years and will be executed by Central Organisation for Railway Eletrification, Allahabad. The project is expected to be completed in the year 2014-15 and will cover two States, i.e. Haryana and Punjab and five districts, i.e. Rohtak, Jind, Narwana, Jakhal of Haryana and Bhatinda of Punjab.
(Release ID :57153)