English Release 24-October 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM conveys greetings on United Nations Day
- PM salutes our brave ITBP personnel on the Raising Day of ITBP
- Min of Agriculture
- Kharif Rice Area Coverage
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- DIPP Constitutes IPR Think Tank to Draft National Intellectual Property Rights Policy
- Min of Defence
- Brave Heart NCC Cadets Rescue Middle Aged Woman
from River Yamuna
- Ministry of Finance
- Government approves Twenty (20) Proposals of Foreign Direct Investment amounting to Rs 988.3 Crore
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Dr Harsh Vardhan offers cooperation to Pakistan to end polio
- Min of Home Affairs
- Home Minister addresses 53rd Raising Day Function of Indo Tibetan Border Police Force
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Modified DBTL Scheme
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 83.61 per bbl on 23.10.2014
- Min of Road Transport & Highways
- Electronic Toll Collection System to be Inaugurated on October 31, 2014
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- India’s Performance at 2nd Asian Para Games 2014 on 22nd and 23rd October, 2014
- Min of Urban Development
- Shri M.Venkaiah Naidu adopts Hudhud cyclone ravaged village of Andhra Pradesh for rehabilitation
Ministry of Culture16-February, 2010 17:9 IST
|Declaration of Sangeet Natak Akademi fellowships (Akademi Ratna) and Akademi Awards (Akademi Puraskar)
for the year 2009
|The General Council of Sangeet Natak Akademi, the National Academy of Music, Dance and Drama, New Delhi at its meetings held on 29 January and 12 February 2010 elected six (6) eminent personalities in the field of performing arts namely Lalgudi Jayaraman, Shreeram Lagoo, Yamini Krishnamurti, Kamlesh Dutt Tripathi, Pandit Jasraj and Kishori Amonkar as Sangeet Natak Akademi Fellows (Akademi Ratna). The Fellowship of the Akademi is the most prestigious and rare honour, which is restricted to a very limited number at a given time. Presently there are only 32 Fellows of the Sangeet Natak Akademi.
The General Council of the Akademi also selected thirty three (33) persons from the fieldsof Music, Dance, and Theatre for the Sangeet Natak Akademi wards (Akademi Puraskar) forthe year 2009.
In the field of Music, eight eminent artists namely Abdul Rashid Khan and Vasundhara Komkali for Hindustani Vocal Music, Lachman Singh Seen (Tabla) and Ali Ahmad Hussain (Shehnai) for Hindustani Instrumental Music, Parassala B Ponnammal for Carnatic Vocal, U Srinivas (Mandolin) and Dandamudi Sumathi Rama Mohan Rao (Mridangam) for Carnatic Instrumental Music, and L. Ibohalmacha Singh (Nata Sankirtana) for Other Major Traditions of Music have been selected.
In the field of Dance, eight eminent practitioners namely Ananda Shankar Jayant (Bharatanatyam), Prerana Shrimali (Kathak), Kalamandalam Rajan (Kathakali), L. Bino Devi (Manipuri), Geeta Mahalik (Odissi), Vyjayanthi Kashi (Kuchipudi), Daksha Sheth (Creative & Experimental Dance) and Kala Krishna (Other Major Traditions of Dance – Andhranatyam) havebeen selected.
In the field of Theatre also, eight eminent persons have been selected. They includeShankar Narayan Navre (Marathi) and Vayala Vasudevan Pillai (Malayalam) for Playwriting, Sudha Shivpuri and Neeta Mohindra for Acting, and Joy Michael and Dinesh Thakur for Direction. For Allied Theatre Arts Kamal Arora (Make-up) and Kuldeep Singh (Music for Theatre) have been selected.
For their contribution to Other Traditional/Folk/ Tribal Music/ Dance/ Theatre Musafir Ram Bhardwaj, Folk Dance (Himachal Pradesh); Vilayat Khan Ragi, Dhadhi Folk Music (Punjab); U K Kunjirama Panicker, Theyyam (Kerala); Jaganath Behera, Pala (Orissa); Shanti Jain, Folk Music (Bihar); Vithal Gangaram Umap, Folk Theatre (Maharashtra) and Bhikhudan Govindbhai Gadhvi, Folk Music (Gujarat) have been selected and Moinul Haque has been selected for contribution to Mime.
Leela Venkataraman has been selected for her overall contribution to Performing Arts,
The Akademi Fellow (Akademi Ratna) and Akademi Award (Akademi Puraskar) have been conferred since 1952, which not only symbolize the highest standard of excellence and achievements on a national basis, but also recognize sustained individual work and contribution to the practice and appreciation of the arts through performance, teaching and scholarship. The honour of Akademi Fellow carries purse money of Rs 3,00,000/- (Rupees three lacs) and AkademiAwardscarry Rs 1,00,000/- (Rupees one lac), besides Tamrapatra and Angavastram.
(Release ID :57900)