English Release 2-September 2014
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Inaugurates 89th Foundation Course at Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration in Mussoorie
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s remarks at the Indian Community Reception in Tokyo
Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s remarks after inaugurating the TCS Japan Technology and Culture Academy
- Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s keynote address at welcome reception hosted by Japan-India Association and Japan-India Parliamentary Friendship League
- PM inaugurates Vivekananda Cultural Centre at Indian Embassy in Tokyo
- PM’s remarks at the Indian Community Reception in Tokyo
- PM's keynote address at welcome reception hosted by Japan-India Association and Japan-India Parliamentary Friendship League
- Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s keynote address at event organized by Nikkei Inc. and Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO)
- PM's keynote address at event organized by Nikkei Inc. and Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO)
- Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s special lecture at the University of the Sacred Heart, Tokyo
- PM’s remarks after inaugurating the TCS Japan Technology and Culture Academy
- PM's special lecture at the University of the Sacred Heart, Tokyo
- Min of Agriculture
- Government puts Agriculture Sector on Fast Track
- Min of Defence
- Fast Patrol Vessel ICGS Abhiraj Commissioned at Tuticorin
- Min of Environment and Forests
- Initiatives of the Ministry of Environment, Forests & Climate Change
- Ministry of Finance
- A High Level Committee Constituted for Considering the Proposals for Assessment of Income arising or accruing before 1st April, 2012 on Account of Retrospective Amendments to the Provisions Related to Indirect Transfer
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Revised strategy for Kala Azar eradication launched
- Min of Home Affairs
- MHA Asks Manipur Govt to Take Preventive Steps in view of UNC Blockade
- Union Home Minister asks Kerala CM to take Strict action against Political Killings
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- I&B Ministry initiatives to enhance Outreach and information dissemination through multiple platforms
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Petroleum Minister emphasizes on adopting energy efficient techniques for better development of the nation
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 101.29 per bbl on 01.09.2014
- Min of Power
- Landmark Initiatives for Energy Efficiency Launched
- Min of Rural Development
- Sweeping changes made in MGNREGA by Nitin Gadkari
- Min of Science & Technology
- Atomic Energy Regulatory Board (AERB) Releases the Annual Report for the Year 2013-14
- MoU Signed between National Cancer Institute, AIIMS, Jhajjar Campus and DBT, GOI
- Dr Jitendra Singh Announces DBT Collaboration in Establishing A “National Cancer Institute” at Jhajjar, Haryana.
- Min of Tribal Affairs
- “Single Window System” for Obtaining Market Information on Minor Forest Produces Through Toll Free Number 1800 180 1551
Ministry of Culture16-February, 2010 17:9 IST
|Declaration of Sangeet Natak Akademi fellowships (Akademi Ratna) and Akademi Awards (Akademi Puraskar)
for the year 2009
|The General Council of Sangeet Natak Akademi, the National Academy of Music, Dance and Drama, New Delhi at its meetings held on 29 January and 12 February 2010 elected six (6) eminent personalities in the field of performing arts namely Lalgudi Jayaraman, Shreeram Lagoo, Yamini Krishnamurti, Kamlesh Dutt Tripathi, Pandit Jasraj and Kishori Amonkar as Sangeet Natak Akademi Fellows (Akademi Ratna). The Fellowship of the Akademi is the most prestigious and rare honour, which is restricted to a very limited number at a given time. Presently there are only 32 Fellows of the Sangeet Natak Akademi.
The General Council of the Akademi also selected thirty three (33) persons from the fieldsof Music, Dance, and Theatre for the Sangeet Natak Akademi wards (Akademi Puraskar) forthe year 2009.
In the field of Music, eight eminent artists namely Abdul Rashid Khan and Vasundhara Komkali for Hindustani Vocal Music, Lachman Singh Seen (Tabla) and Ali Ahmad Hussain (Shehnai) for Hindustani Instrumental Music, Parassala B Ponnammal for Carnatic Vocal, U Srinivas (Mandolin) and Dandamudi Sumathi Rama Mohan Rao (Mridangam) for Carnatic Instrumental Music, and L. Ibohalmacha Singh (Nata Sankirtana) for Other Major Traditions of Music have been selected.
In the field of Dance, eight eminent practitioners namely Ananda Shankar Jayant (Bharatanatyam), Prerana Shrimali (Kathak), Kalamandalam Rajan (Kathakali), L. Bino Devi (Manipuri), Geeta Mahalik (Odissi), Vyjayanthi Kashi (Kuchipudi), Daksha Sheth (Creative & Experimental Dance) and Kala Krishna (Other Major Traditions of Dance – Andhranatyam) havebeen selected.
In the field of Theatre also, eight eminent persons have been selected. They includeShankar Narayan Navre (Marathi) and Vayala Vasudevan Pillai (Malayalam) for Playwriting, Sudha Shivpuri and Neeta Mohindra for Acting, and Joy Michael and Dinesh Thakur for Direction. For Allied Theatre Arts Kamal Arora (Make-up) and Kuldeep Singh (Music for Theatre) have been selected.
For their contribution to Other Traditional/Folk/ Tribal Music/ Dance/ Theatre Musafir Ram Bhardwaj, Folk Dance (Himachal Pradesh); Vilayat Khan Ragi, Dhadhi Folk Music (Punjab); U K Kunjirama Panicker, Theyyam (Kerala); Jaganath Behera, Pala (Orissa); Shanti Jain, Folk Music (Bihar); Vithal Gangaram Umap, Folk Theatre (Maharashtra) and Bhikhudan Govindbhai Gadhvi, Folk Music (Gujarat) have been selected and Moinul Haque has been selected for contribution to Mime.
Leela Venkataraman has been selected for her overall contribution to Performing Arts,
The Akademi Fellow (Akademi Ratna) and Akademi Award (Akademi Puraskar) have been conferred since 1952, which not only symbolize the highest standard of excellence and achievements on a national basis, but also recognize sustained individual work and contribution to the practice and appreciation of the arts through performance, teaching and scholarship. The honour of Akademi Fellow carries purse money of Rs 3,00,000/- (Rupees three lacs) and AkademiAwardscarry Rs 1,00,000/- (Rupees one lac), besides Tamrapatra and Angavastram.
(Release ID :57900)