English Release 7-March 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President of India’s message on the occasion of International Women’s Day
- Election Commission
- Fact Sheet on Tripura
- Fact Sheet on Assam
- Democratic Colors Of United India
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- ACC Appointment
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket declines to 105.20 per bbl on 06.3.2014
Ministry of Environment and Forests03-March, 2010 16:22 IST
|World Bank Aid for Tigers|
India is participating in the “Global Tiger Initiative” of the World Bank to the extent of building up the capacity of knowledge institutions involved in the field of wildlife management and forestry.Besides this, it will participate in events like the pre-summit tiger workshop and the Global Tiger Summit. The platform of Global Tiger Initiative may be used for disseminating / exchange of good practices amongst the tiger range countries, apart from addressing cross border illegal wildlife trade issues. However, the said initiative would not be used as a field project for tiger conservation in States.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Environment and Forests (independent charge) Shri Jairam Ramesh in a written reply to a question by Shri. Ramesh Rathod and anand Prakash Paranjpe in Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :58703)