English Release 24-October 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM conveys greetings on United Nations Day
- PM salutes our brave ITBP personnel on the Raising Day of ITBP
- Min of Agriculture
- Kharif Rice Area Coverage
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- DIPP Constitutes IPR Think Tank to Draft National Intellectual Property Rights Policy
- Min of Defence
- Brave Heart NCC Cadets Rescue Middle Aged Woman
from River Yamuna
- Ministry of Finance
- Government approves Twenty (20) Proposals of Foreign Direct Investment amounting to Rs 988.3 Crore
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Dr Harsh Vardhan offers cooperation to Pakistan to end polio
- Min of Home Affairs
- Home Minister addresses 53rd Raising Day Function of Indo Tibetan Border Police Force
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Modified DBTL Scheme
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 83.61 per bbl on 23.10.2014
- Min of Road Transport & Highways
- Electronic Toll Collection System to be Inaugurated on October 31, 2014
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- India’s Performance at 2nd Asian Para Games 2014 on 22nd and 23rd October, 2014
- Min of Urban Development
- Shri M.Venkaiah Naidu adopts Hudhud cyclone ravaged village of Andhra Pradesh for rehabilitation
Ministry of Railways11-March, 2010 16:13 IST
|Development of Railway Stations as World Class Stations and Adarsh Stations|
Railway Budget 2009-10 envisages development of about 50 world class stations and 375 Adrash stations.
With respect to world class stations, master plan has been prepared for New Delhi Railway Station. For Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminal Mumbai and Patna, development of master plan and feasibility report has been taken up. Action has also been taken up for appointment of Consultants for Secunderabad, Howrah, Anand Vihar (Phase-II) and Chennai Central.
As regards Adarsh Stations, work of development has been taken up and 145 stations have already been developed as Adarsh Stations up to February 2010.
The process of setting up of Medical Colleges on railway land as announced in Railway Budget 2009-10 has already started including the appointment of a consultant and completion of various formalities in this regard.
Sixty-Seven stations were identified for development of Multi-functional Complexes. Whereas preliminary works have been taken up at all locations, construction has been taken up at 7 stations.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Railways, Shri K.H. Muniyappa in a written reply in Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :59436)