English Release 10-March 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President of India to present standard to 112 HU and colours to 4 BRD of Indian Air Force tomorrow
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Releases Book “Sunrise in Slums”
- Election Commission
- Fact Sheet on Nagaland
- Fact Sheet on Meghalaya
- Voter turnout in General Elections 2009: Lowest in J&K and Highest in Nagaland
- Fact Sheet on Manipur
- Min of Culture
- Festival of India in Vietnam
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket increases to 105.81 per bbl on 07.3.2014
Ministry of Railways11-March, 2010 16:13 IST
|Development of Railway Stations as World Class Stations and Adarsh Stations|
Railway Budget 2009-10 envisages development of about 50 world class stations and 375 Adrash stations.
With respect to world class stations, master plan has been prepared for New Delhi Railway Station. For Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminal Mumbai and Patna, development of master plan and feasibility report has been taken up. Action has also been taken up for appointment of Consultants for Secunderabad, Howrah, Anand Vihar (Phase-II) and Chennai Central.
As regards Adarsh Stations, work of development has been taken up and 145 stations have already been developed as Adarsh Stations up to February 2010.
The process of setting up of Medical Colleges on railway land as announced in Railway Budget 2009-10 has already started including the appointment of a consultant and completion of various formalities in this regard.
Sixty-Seven stations were identified for development of Multi-functional Complexes. Whereas preliminary works have been taken up at all locations, construction has been taken up at 7 stations.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Railways, Shri K.H. Muniyappa in a written reply in Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :59436)