English Release 26-November 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee at the Eleventh Convocation of Symbiosis International University
- Deepen private sector involvement in education, says President
- President of India condoles the passing away of Sitara Devi
- Prime Minister's Office
- Speech by the Prime Minister at the SAARC Summit
- 26/11: PM salutes the bravery of security personnel who laid down their lives and reaffirms commitment to combat terrorism
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- Implementation of National Design Polic
- Extension Of Validity Of Industrial Licences By DIP
- Steps Taken To Improve Position In Business Index
- Schemes for Promotion and Modernization Of Industrial Unit
- Implementation of National Manufacturing Polic
- Push To Manufacturing Sector
- Doubling India's Share in Global Trade
- Boosting Industrial Production
- Signing Of FTAs
- New Foreign Trade Policy to address slowdown concerns of exporters: Commerce Secretary
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Public Grievance
- Procedure for Communication
- Representation of OBC/SC/ST in Higher Officer
- Amending Rules for Safeguarding Women
- Appointment of SPG Director
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 76.91 per bbl on 25.11.2014
- Min of Shipping
- New Mechanism of Collection of Light Dues for Container Ships
- Min of Tribal Affairs
- Jual Oram inaugurates Tribal Art and Crafts Mela Aadishilp
- Min of Urban Development
- Shri M.Venkaiah Naidu approves enhancement of Ground Coverage and FAR in Delhi
- DMRC’s Revenues Exceed Budget Targets
Ministry of Railways11-March, 2010 16:13 IST
|Development of Railway Stations as World Class Stations and Adarsh Stations|
Railway Budget 2009-10 envisages development of about 50 world class stations and 375 Adrash stations.
With respect to world class stations, master plan has been prepared for New Delhi Railway Station. For Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminal Mumbai and Patna, development of master plan and feasibility report has been taken up. Action has also been taken up for appointment of Consultants for Secunderabad, Howrah, Anand Vihar (Phase-II) and Chennai Central.
As regards Adarsh Stations, work of development has been taken up and 145 stations have already been developed as Adarsh Stations up to February 2010.
The process of setting up of Medical Colleges on railway land as announced in Railway Budget 2009-10 has already started including the appointment of a consultant and completion of various formalities in this regard.
Sixty-Seven stations were identified for development of Multi-functional Complexes. Whereas preliminary works have been taken up at all locations, construction has been taken up at 7 stations.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Railways, Shri K.H. Muniyappa in a written reply in Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :59436)