English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
Ministry of Defence15-March, 2010 17:28 IST
|Satellite for Navy|
A Memorandum of Understanding has been signed with Indian Space Research Organisation to provide a communication network to the Navy, including space based resources.
Government has initiated several measures to strengthen coastal security. An integrated approach has been put in place. The coastal surveillance and patrolling has been enhanced. Joint and operational exercises are taking place on regular basis between Navy, Coast Guard, Coastal Police, Customs and others to check the effectiveness of the new system. Further, continuous review and monitoring mechanism have been established at different levels and involving various agencies including the State/UT authorities.
This information was given by Defence Minister Shri AK Antony in a written reply to Shri Rayapati Sambasiva Rao and others in Lok Sabha today.
PK / RAJ
(Release ID :59624)