English Release 23-November 2014
- President's Secretariat
- PRESIDENT’S MESSAGE ON THE EVE OF THE MARTYRDOM DAY OF GURU TEG BAHADUR
- PRESS COMMUNIQUE
- Min of Defence
- Coastal Security Network Must Ensure Zero Tolerance to Error: Parrikar
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- 45TH IFFI Celebrates Dance in Indian Cinema
- New Experiments in Documentaries Section
- 45th IFFI Pays Retrospective Honours to Gulzar; Screens ‘Libas’
- Cinema Means Love and Responsibility Not Business: Mohsen Makhmalbaf
- Student Filmmakers are Promising and Full of Original Concepts: Prof. B. Diwakar
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh receives cheque for J&K flood relief from PEPCO Bank
- Min of Science & Technology
- HPV option to prevent preterm births dangerous --Dr Harsh Vardhan
Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports12-August, 2010 18:0 IST
|Expenditure for Opening and Closing Ceremony of CWG-2010|
| The budget for the Ceremonies for the Commonwealth Games Delhi 2010 is Rs.106 crores, which has been enhanced to Rs.300 crores. The component elements of the budgeted amount for the events are as under:|
(i) Airfare, accommodation & hospitality.
(ii) Ceremonies conduct
(iii) Finance & Legal
(iv) Information Technology
(v) Material and equipment
(vi) Professional fee
(vii) Conduct of cultural events & countdown
(viii) Salaries and wages.
This was stated by Shri Pratik Prakashbapu Patil, Minister of State of Youth Affairs & Sports, in the Rajya Sabha today in a written reply to a question by Shri Mani Shankar Aiyar.
The Minister further stated that Shri A R Rahman, who has composed the Theme Song will be participating in the Opening Ceremony. Contract value of Shri A R Rahman is Rs.5,55,91,200 including Service Tax.
Records pertaining to the Asian Games, 1951 are not available. As regards 1982 Asian Games Ceremonials, including Opening and Closing Ceremonies and the Hymn, resources of the Ministry of Defence were utilized. A budget provision of Rs.44.90 lakhs was also sanctioned by Ministry of Education and Culture for which also Ministry of Defence continued to exercise financial control. Ministry of Defence have informed that the information sought is 28 years old and no records are available with them, the Minister added
RM/JL- PQ 5– USQ2103RS
(Release ID :64676)