English Release 20-September 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President Congratulates Medal Winners in
Asian Games 2014
- President of India condoles the passing away of Uppalapu Srinivas
- Prime Minister's Office
- Sashastra Seema Bal, SRM University and ITC make donations for PMNRF
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Suicide prevention a health priority: Health Minister
- Health Ministry to take up anti-noise pollution initiatives
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Bharat Pensioners’ Samaj donates to Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund
- Min of Women and Child Development
- Corrigendum for Press Release issued on 19th Sept, 2014 on Meeting of Mrs Melinda Gates and Mr Bill Gates with Smt Maneka Sanjay Gandhi
Ministry of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports12-August, 2010 18:0 IST
|Expenditure for Opening and Closing Ceremony of CWG-2010|
| The budget for the Ceremonies for the Commonwealth Games Delhi 2010 is Rs.106 crores, which has been enhanced to Rs.300 crores. The component elements of the budgeted amount for the events are as under:|
(i) Airfare, accommodation & hospitality.
(ii) Ceremonies conduct
(iii) Finance & Legal
(iv) Information Technology
(v) Material and equipment
(vi) Professional fee
(vii) Conduct of cultural events & countdown
(viii) Salaries and wages.
This was stated by Shri Pratik Prakashbapu Patil, Minister of State of Youth Affairs & Sports, in the Rajya Sabha today in a written reply to a question by Shri Mani Shankar Aiyar.
The Minister further stated that Shri A R Rahman, who has composed the Theme Song will be participating in the Opening Ceremony. Contract value of Shri A R Rahman is Rs.5,55,91,200 including Service Tax.
Records pertaining to the Asian Games, 1951 are not available. As regards 1982 Asian Games Ceremonials, including Opening and Closing Ceremonies and the Hymn, resources of the Ministry of Defence were utilized. A budget provision of Rs.44.90 lakhs was also sanctioned by Ministry of Education and Culture for which also Ministry of Defence continued to exercise financial control. Ministry of Defence have informed that the information sought is 28 years old and no records are available with them, the Minister added
RM/JL- PQ 5– USQ2103RS
(Release ID :64676)