English Release 22-August 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM's address at the Conference of Chairmen of Boards of Governors, and Directors of IITs at Rashtrapati Bhawan
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- Doordarshan to host ABU-ROBOCON 2014 International Contest at Pune from 22nd-26th August, 2014
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket decreased to US$ 99.97 per bbl on 21.08.2014
- Min of Science & Technology
- Collaborative Research
- Ministry of Tourism
- Tourism Ministry delinks Hotel classification from Liquor Service
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Storage Status of 85 Important Reservoirs of the Country as on August 21, 2014
- Ghagra and Rapti Flowing in High Flood Situation
Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports12-August, 2010 18:0 IST
|Expenditure for Opening and Closing Ceremony of CWG-2010|
| The budget for the Ceremonies for the Commonwealth Games Delhi 2010 is Rs.106 crores, which has been enhanced to Rs.300 crores. The component elements of the budgeted amount for the events are as under:|
(i) Airfare, accommodation & hospitality.
(ii) Ceremonies conduct
(iii) Finance & Legal
(iv) Information Technology
(v) Material and equipment
(vi) Professional fee
(vii) Conduct of cultural events & countdown
(viii) Salaries and wages.
This was stated by Shri Pratik Prakashbapu Patil, Minister of State of Youth Affairs & Sports, in the Rajya Sabha today in a written reply to a question by Shri Mani Shankar Aiyar.
The Minister further stated that Shri A R Rahman, who has composed the Theme Song will be participating in the Opening Ceremony. Contract value of Shri A R Rahman is Rs.5,55,91,200 including Service Tax.
Records pertaining to the Asian Games, 1951 are not available. As regards 1982 Asian Games Ceremonials, including Opening and Closing Ceremonies and the Hymn, resources of the Ministry of Defence were utilized. A budget provision of Rs.44.90 lakhs was also sanctioned by Ministry of Education and Culture for which also Ministry of Defence continued to exercise financial control. Ministry of Defence have informed that the information sought is 28 years old and no records are available with them, the Minister added
RM/JL- PQ 5– USQ2103RS
(Release ID :64676)