English Release 22-May 2013
- Election Commission
- Enviornment Ministry Celebrates International Day for Biological Diversity
- Min of Defence
- Foundation Stone of Indian National Defence University will be laid Tomorrow
- Ministry of Finance
- Change in Tariff Value of Gold Notified
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Indo-China Bilateral Meet on Healthcare Sector Held
- Azad Meets Sebelius at Geneva
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- International crude oil price of Indian Basket falls sharply
to 101.98/US$ bbl on 21.5.2013
Ministry of Micro,Small & Medium Enterprises17-August, 2010 16:31 IST
|Funds to Bio-Diesel Producing Units|
|The Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises has been implementing the Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP), from 2008-09 for generating employment by setting up ‘micro enterprises’, through Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) as the nodal agency at the national level and through field offices of KVIC, State/Union Territory Khadi and Village Industries Boards and District Industries Centres at the State/Union Territories level, with involvement of banks. Under PMEGP, eligible entrepreneurs can establish new ‘micro enterprises’, including bio-diesel producing units, by availing of margin money assistance from KVIC and loans from public sector scheduled commercial banks.
In order that new bio-diesel projects are supported under PMEGP, it is essential that viable units are proposed by the beneficiaries so that banks also come forward to finance them under PMEGP. KVIC has been making efforts to propagate bio-diesel production as an enterprise under PMEGP.
This information was given by the Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, Shri Dinsha Patel in a written reply to a question in the Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :64893)