English Release 23-August 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President Inaugurates 6th Edition of KKM Memorial Gold Cup - Rural Football Tournament
- President Underlines Importance of Quality Education
- President of India Condoles The Passing Away of U R Ananthamurthy
- President calls upon IITs to play a pivotal role in developing newer cutting edge technologies
- Prime Minister's Office
- Gujarat CM calls on PM
- PM condoles loss of life in floods in the states of Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and Assam
- PM meets youth of Gujjar-Bakkarwal communities from Jammu and Kashmir
- Prime Minister receives Tamil National Alliance delegation
- Min of Agriculture
- Union Agriculture Minister lays Foundation Stone for Saffron Park Project at Pampore, Pulwama
- Min of Defence
- First Indigenously Built Stealth Anti-Submarine Warfare Ship- INS Kamorta- Commissioned
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- All systems in AIIMS under review: Dr Harsh Vardhan
- Min of Human Resource Development
- India-South Australia Collaboration in Education and Vocational Training Sector
- Min of Social Justice & Empowerment
- States should emphasise on Empowerment and Inclusion of the Disabled, says Minister of Social Justice & Empowerment
- Min of Steel
- Shri Narendra Singh Tomar inaugurates “Heat Hardening Pelletisation Unit” at SAIL, Ranchi
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Brahmaputra in High Flood Situation
- Ghagra Continues to Flow in High Flood Situation
Ministry of Home Affairs25-September, 2010 18:33 IST
|Decisions Taken by CCS Regarding Jammu & Kashmir on Saturday|
|The Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) met here today. The decisions taken at the meeting were announced by the Union Home Minister, Shri P. Chidambaram. These are as follows:|
1. Appoint a group of interlocutors under the chairmanship of an Eminent person to begin the process of a sustained dialogue with all sections of the people of Jammu & Kashmir, including political parties/groups, youth and student organizations, civil society organizations and other stakeholders.
2. Advise the State Government to immediately release all students and youth detained or arrested for stone pelting or similar violations of law and to withdraw the charges against such students and youth.
3. Advise the State Government to immediately review the cases of all PSA detenues and withdraw the detention orders in appropriate cases.
4. Request the State Government to immediately convene a meeting of the Unified Command and to review the deployment of security forces in the Kashmir Valley, especially Srinagar, with particular reference to de-scaling the number of bunkers, check-points etc. in Srinagar and other towns, and to review the notification of areas as ‘disturbed areas’.
5. Grant ex-gratia relief to the families of the deceased persons at Rs. 5 lakhs per person killed in the civil disturbances since June 11, 2010.
6. Appoint two Special Task Forces, one each for Jammu region and Ladakh region, to examine the developmental needs of the two regions, with particular reference to deficiencies in infrastructure and make suitable recommendations.
7. Request State Government to take steps to immediately reopen all schools, colleges, universities and other educational institutions; hold special classes/lectures, if necessary; and to ensure that the examinations for the current academic year (2010-11) are conducted.
8. Provide to the State Government a sum of Rs. 100 Crore as Additional Central Assistance (ACA) in order to make grants to schools and colleges for improvements and additions to the existing infrastructure such as class rooms, auditorium, laboratory, library, play ground, toilet complex etc.
(Release ID :65989)