English Release 20-December 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- Prime Minister Congratulates Indian men and women Kabaddi teams for winning Kabaddi World Cups
- PM attends meeting of Somnath Trust
- Min of Home Affairs
- H.P. Chaudhary advises SSB to face challenges with commitment and confidence
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- Shri Arun Jaitley inaugurates Multimedia Exhibition on Former Prime Minister Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Min of Parliamentary Affairs
- Winter Session of Parliament enters final lap; Rajya Sabha still to decide on crucial Bills
Lok Sabha’s productivity rises to 105% while that of Rajya Sabha declines to 68%
Lok Sabha so far clears a record 17 Bills and Rajya Sabha only 11
Introduction of GST Bill in Lok Sabha, passing of labour reform Bills mark the high points of session
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Min of Road Transport & Highways
- Nitin Gadkari calls upon the Industry to invest in development of Inland Waterways
- Min of Urban Development
National Level City Stakeholder Consultation held to finalize guidelines for HRIDAY Scheme; Shri Venkaiah Naidu emphasizes that the future development of any city must take into consideration its nature, history, and culture
LED based energy efficient smartstreet lights launched in Delhi by the Union Urban Development Minister Shri M.Venkaiah Naidu; Says that the Government is committed to work for development and betterment of the masses
Ministry of Home Affairs25-September, 2010 18:33 IST
|Decisions Taken by CCS Regarding Jammu & Kashmir on Saturday|
|The Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) met here today. The decisions taken at the meeting were announced by the Union Home Minister, Shri P. Chidambaram. These are as follows:|
1. Appoint a group of interlocutors under the chairmanship of an Eminent person to begin the process of a sustained dialogue with all sections of the people of Jammu & Kashmir, including political parties/groups, youth and student organizations, civil society organizations and other stakeholders.
2. Advise the State Government to immediately release all students and youth detained or arrested for stone pelting or similar violations of law and to withdraw the charges against such students and youth.
3. Advise the State Government to immediately review the cases of all PSA detenues and withdraw the detention orders in appropriate cases.
4. Request the State Government to immediately convene a meeting of the Unified Command and to review the deployment of security forces in the Kashmir Valley, especially Srinagar, with particular reference to de-scaling the number of bunkers, check-points etc. in Srinagar and other towns, and to review the notification of areas as ‘disturbed areas’.
5. Grant ex-gratia relief to the families of the deceased persons at Rs. 5 lakhs per person killed in the civil disturbances since June 11, 2010.
6. Appoint two Special Task Forces, one each for Jammu region and Ladakh region, to examine the developmental needs of the two regions, with particular reference to deficiencies in infrastructure and make suitable recommendations.
7. Request State Government to take steps to immediately reopen all schools, colleges, universities and other educational institutions; hold special classes/lectures, if necessary; and to ensure that the examinations for the current academic year (2010-11) are conducted.
8. Provide to the State Government a sum of Rs. 100 Crore as Additional Central Assistance (ACA) in order to make grants to schools and colleges for improvements and additions to the existing infrastructure such as class rooms, auditorium, laboratory, library, play ground, toilet complex etc.
(Release ID :65989)