English Release 25-July 2014
- Min of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution
- Amendments Proposed to Make Hoarding Non-Bailable Offence
- States Asked to Ensure Timely Payment of Sugarcane Dues to the Farmers
- States Advised to Allow Free Movement of Fruits and Vegetables to Check Prices
- Min of Defence
- Stress Levels of Defence Personnel
- Deployment of Troops by China in PoK
- Firing Range at Tosamaidan Meadows
- Shortage of Fighter Aircraft
- Warship Construction Projects
- Main Battle Tanks
- Missile Launcher Projects
- Attack on Fishermen
- Depiction of Indian Territory in Map of China
- Naval Ships and Submarines Accidents
- Firing Ranges
- Settlement in Border Areas
- Compulsory Military Training
- Domestic Production of Defence Equipment
- Indigenous Civilian Aircraft
- RIC at IIT, Chennai
- Death of Soldiers in Siachen
- Combat Exercises
- Modernisation of Navy
- Min of Home Affairs
- National Foundation for Communal Harmony to host Music Concert
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Production Performance of Oil & Natural Gas Sector for the month of June, 2014
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket increased to US$ 105.93 per bbl on 24.07.2014
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Storage Status of 85 Important Reservoirs of the Country as on July 24, 2014
- Min of Women and Child Development
- Multi-Sectoral Nutrition Programme Covering Children, Adolescent Girls & Women Launched in 200 Districts
- NIPCCD to have two new regional centres
Ministry of Home Affairs25-September, 2010 18:33 IST
|Decisions Taken by CCS Regarding Jammu & Kashmir on Saturday|
|The Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) met here today. The decisions taken at the meeting were announced by the Union Home Minister, Shri P. Chidambaram. These are as follows:|
1. Appoint a group of interlocutors under the chairmanship of an Eminent person to begin the process of a sustained dialogue with all sections of the people of Jammu & Kashmir, including political parties/groups, youth and student organizations, civil society organizations and other stakeholders.
2. Advise the State Government to immediately release all students and youth detained or arrested for stone pelting or similar violations of law and to withdraw the charges against such students and youth.
3. Advise the State Government to immediately review the cases of all PSA detenues and withdraw the detention orders in appropriate cases.
4. Request the State Government to immediately convene a meeting of the Unified Command and to review the deployment of security forces in the Kashmir Valley, especially Srinagar, with particular reference to de-scaling the number of bunkers, check-points etc. in Srinagar and other towns, and to review the notification of areas as ‘disturbed areas’.
5. Grant ex-gratia relief to the families of the deceased persons at Rs. 5 lakhs per person killed in the civil disturbances since June 11, 2010.
6. Appoint two Special Task Forces, one each for Jammu region and Ladakh region, to examine the developmental needs of the two regions, with particular reference to deficiencies in infrastructure and make suitable recommendations.
7. Request State Government to take steps to immediately reopen all schools, colleges, universities and other educational institutions; hold special classes/lectures, if necessary; and to ensure that the examinations for the current academic year (2010-11) are conducted.
8. Provide to the State Government a sum of Rs. 100 Crore as Additional Central Assistance (ACA) in order to make grants to schools and colleges for improvements and additions to the existing infrastructure such as class rooms, auditorium, laboratory, library, play ground, toilet complex etc.
(Release ID :65989)