English Release 29-March 2015
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM's remarks in condolence book, at the funeral of the founding father of Singapore, Mr. Lee Kuan Yew
- PM meets Deputy Prime Minister of Singapore, Emeritus Senior Minister of Singapore, and President of Israel
- Remarks by Prime Minister to the Media at Singapore
- Ministry of Finance
- Government Releases About Rs. 385 Crore to Andhra Pradesh while about Rs. 150 Crore to Telangana as part of the 13th Finance Commission Recommendations
- Min of Parliamentary Affairs
- Rajya Sabha prorogued
Ministry of Communications & Information Technology03-December, 2010 18:25 IST
|Interception of Blackberry Data|
|Government is engaged with Research in Motion (RIM), the provider of Blackberry services, to find out a solution for the interception and monitoring of messenger chat and enterprise email using Blackberry phone.|
Voice, SMS and individual email communication can be intercepted and monitored by Security Agencies in readable format. However, Security Agencies are not able to intercept & monitor the communication made through Blackberry Messenger Service and Blackberry Enterprise Service in readable format.
As per Research in Motion (RIM), provider of Blackberry services, communication in case of enterprise email is encrypted from device to device and key is dynamically created by Blackberry device. There is one to one correspondence between the key at device and the key at enterprise email server, placed at the premises of enterprise customer. They have also stated that they cannot create any third party access in readable format because they do not have the key, which is dynamically generated.
(Release ID :68075)