English Release 22-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Vice President Greets People on Deepawali
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM shares the link of his page for Diwali wishes
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 83.73 per bbl on 21.10.2014
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- India won 3 Medals at 2nd Asian Para Games 2014 on 21st October, 2014
Ministry of Communications & Information Technology03-December, 2010 18:25 IST
|Interception of Blackberry Data|
|Government is engaged with Research in Motion (RIM), the provider of Blackberry services, to find out a solution for the interception and monitoring of messenger chat and enterprise email using Blackberry phone.|
Voice, SMS and individual email communication can be intercepted and monitored by Security Agencies in readable format. However, Security Agencies are not able to intercept & monitor the communication made through Blackberry Messenger Service and Blackberry Enterprise Service in readable format.
As per Research in Motion (RIM), provider of Blackberry services, communication in case of enterprise email is encrypted from device to device and key is dynamically created by Blackberry device. There is one to one correspondence between the key at device and the key at enterprise email server, placed at the premises of enterprise customer. They have also stated that they cannot create any third party access in readable format because they do not have the key, which is dynamically generated.
(Release ID :68075)