English Release 18-September 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Statement by the President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee to the media on board the special aircraft on his way back from his state visit to the socialist republic of Vietnam
- Election Commission
- General election to Legislative Assemblies of Maharastra and Haryana, 2014 – Media Coverage during the period referred to in Section 126 of RP Act, 1951
- Min of Agriculture
- Namibian High Commissioner Calls on Agriculture Minister
- Min of Home Affairs
- Union Home Minister leaves for Sixth Meeting of SAARC Ministers of Interior / Home at Kathmandu
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Latest position of supply of Petroleum products in Jammu and Kashmir
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 96.71 per bbl on 17.09.2014
- Min of Power
- Power Ministry Takes Several Measures to Restore Transmission Lines & Distribution System in Flood Hit J&K
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- Chinese Youth Delegation called on Shri Sarbananda Sonowal
President's Secretariat09-February, 2011 12:2 IST
|Census 2011 Phase Two Begins with Enumeration of the President of India|
|The second phase of Census 2011 began this morning, with the enumeration of the First Citizen, the President of India, Smt. Pratibha Devisingh Patil at Rashtrapati Bhavan. A team of Census functionaries led by Census Commissioner of India, Dr. C. Chandramouli, along with Director of Census Operation, Delhi – Ms. Varsha Joshi, and Census Enumerator, Rita were present. Information on a number of characteristics about the President’s personal household was collected by the Enumerator. After successfully completing the first phase of the Census, called the Houselisting and Housing Census from April to September 2010, the second phase called the Population Enumeration is being conducted simultaneously all over the country from February 9th to 28th 2011. |
Census 2011 will be the 15th National Census of the country. The Government has also decided to prepare a National Population Register (NPR) along with the Census 2011.
Speaking after her enumeration, the President asked all persons to take part whole heartedly in the Census operation, which is gigantic in scale and to take it as a national duty. The Union Home Minister Shri P. Chidambaram and the Union Minister of State for Home, Shri Gurudas Kamat were also present on the occasion.
The Indian Census has been the most credible source of information on demography, economic activity, literacy and education, housing and household amenities, urbanization, fertility and mortality, Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes, language, religion, migration, disability and many other socio-cultural data since 1872.
(Release ID :69685)