English Release 19-December 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM conveys best wishes to people of Goa, on Goa Liberation Day
- PM condoles the passing away of eminent Gandhian Shri Chunibhai Vaidya
- Min of Defence
- Chairman COSC & CAS Air Chief Marshal Arup Raha leaves
for a two day visit to Mumbai
- Min of Environment and Forests
- Report of the High Level Committee headed by Shri T.S.R. Subramanian to review various Acts administered by Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change
- Ministry of Finance
- Exchange Rate of Foreign Currency Relating to Imported and Export Goods Notified
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 58.22 per bbl on 18.12.2014
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Storage Status of 85 Important Reservoirs of the Country as on December 18, 2014
President's Secretariat09-February, 2011 12:2 IST
|Census 2011 Phase Two Begins with Enumeration of the President of India|
|The second phase of Census 2011 began this morning, with the enumeration of the First Citizen, the President of India, Smt. Pratibha Devisingh Patil at Rashtrapati Bhavan. A team of Census functionaries led by Census Commissioner of India, Dr. C. Chandramouli, along with Director of Census Operation, Delhi – Ms. Varsha Joshi, and Census Enumerator, Rita were present. Information on a number of characteristics about the President’s personal household was collected by the Enumerator. After successfully completing the first phase of the Census, called the Houselisting and Housing Census from April to September 2010, the second phase called the Population Enumeration is being conducted simultaneously all over the country from February 9th to 28th 2011. |
Census 2011 will be the 15th National Census of the country. The Government has also decided to prepare a National Population Register (NPR) along with the Census 2011.
Speaking after her enumeration, the President asked all persons to take part whole heartedly in the Census operation, which is gigantic in scale and to take it as a national duty. The Union Home Minister Shri P. Chidambaram and the Union Minister of State for Home, Shri Gurudas Kamat were also present on the occasion.
The Indian Census has been the most credible source of information on demography, economic activity, literacy and education, housing and household amenities, urbanization, fertility and mortality, Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes, language, religion, migration, disability and many other socio-cultural data since 1872.
(Release ID :69685)