English Release 20-August 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President of India condoles the passing away of Shri Bks Iyengar
- Conference of Chairmen, Board of Governors and Directors of Indian Institutes of Technology to be held on August 22
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM condoles the passing away of Yogacharya BKS Iyenger
- PM presents DRDO awards
- Min of Defence
- Port Call INS Sahyadri at Manila, Philippines
- Ministry of Finance
- Public Comments sought on Draft of Forward Contracts (Regulation) (Intermediaries) Rules, 2014
- Min of Home Affairs
- Home Minister Launches the Plan Scheme of
Mainstreaming Civil Defence in Disaster Risk Reduction
- FCRA Outreach Seminar in Maharashtra
- Min of New and Renewable Energy
- PM to Dedicate 765 kV Ranchi-Dharamjaygarh-Sipat Inter-Regional Transmission Line ;
- Prime Minister to Dedicate Mouda Super Thermal Power Project to the Nation in Nagpur Tomorrow
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- ACC Appointment
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket decreased to US$ 99.94 per bbl on 19.08.2014
- Ministry of Tourism
- State Tourism Ministers Conference to be held in New Delhi on 21st August 2014
Ministry of Corporate Affairs12-February, 2011 19:27 IST
|The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) has elected CA. G.Ramaswamy as President and CA.Jaydeep N.Shah as Vice President for the year 2011-12 .|
|CA. G. Ramaswamy has been elected as the President of ICAI for the year 2011-12 by the 21st Council of Institute on February 12, 2011. Bestowed with exceptional organizational and administrative skills, he was serving a Vice president of the ICAI for 2010-11. An illustrious and versatile practicing Chartered Accountant since 1984, he is also a fellow member of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI).
Hailing from Coimbatore (Tamil Nadu), he has vast experience in the field of taxation, company law matters, audit and internal audit, management consultancy of more than two decades. A facilitator of ICAI as ‘Partner in Nation Building’, he also represents ICAI on a number of advisory committees, including as member of National Advisory Committee on Accounting Standards (NACAS). He has also been nominated to the Standing Committee on TDS for the year 2011 for exchange of ideas on enhancing voluntary TDS/TCS compliance, strengthening partnership with tax practitioners, tax deductors/collectors and third party partners, and promoting education and awareness of TDS/TCS provisions amongst the deductors/collectors and tax payers besides minimizing scope for grievances.|
Shri Jaydeep Narendra Shah, who has been elected as Vice President for the year 2011-12 is presently a Central Council Member of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. He was re-elected to the Central Council of ICAI for the third term for the period from 2010 to 2013 after completion of 1st term from 2004-2007 and current 2nd term from 2007-2010.
Currently Mr. Shah is Chairman Ethical Standard Board and Financial Reporting & Review Board of ICAI. He is also Vice-Chairman of Capacity Building and Small & Medium Practitioners Committee of ICAI and serving as ember of Audit and Assusrance Standards Board, Professional Development Committee, Editorial Board, ICAI-ICWAI-ICSI Committee and several other committees set-up by the ICAI.
In the past he served Board of Studies, Committee for Commerce Education and Career Counselling, Ethical Standards Board and H.R. and Administration in the capacity of Chairman.
(Release ID :69785)