English Release 1-February 2015
- President's Secretariat
- President of India congratulates Leander Paes for winning the Australian Open Mixed Doubles title
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM congratulates Indian Tennis Player, Leander Paes on the Mixed Doubles win at Australian Open
- PM salutes coast guard personnel on 38th Raising Day of Indian Coast Guard
- Department of Space
- Indian Space scientists working on new breakthroughs: Dr. Jitendra Singh
- Min of Culture
- The 17th Bharat Rang Mahotsav organized by NSD begins
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Centre closely monitoring situation on H1N1, all assistance extended to states: Sh J P Nadda
- Min of Social Justice & Empowerment
- Raahgiri Day for the Persons with Disabilities Held
Ministry of Communications & Information Technology11-March, 2011 18:33 IST
|Protection of Sensitive Installations from but ‘Free Virus’|
| A sophisticated virus called as “Stuxnet” was reported to be spreading worldwide since July 2010. The virus targets Industrial Control Systems. Some computer systems in India were also infected by the Stuxnet, but none of the infections have so far been reported in sensitive Industrial systems. |
The Government has taken several steps to tackle the problem of virus and protection of sensitive installations in the country. These are:
1) Alerts and advisories about the virus threats including such sophisticated virus are being issued regularly by the Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In). Measures to be taken to detect infected systems, dis-infect the same and prevent further propagation are also and being advised regularly to all critical sector organizations in the country.
2) Government in association with Internet Service Providers (ISPs) and security vendors is continuously tracking the infected systems and advising the owners of the systems to dis-infect the same.
3) Workshops have been and are being conducted by CERT-In and other government agencies jointly for critical sector organizations to create awareness and suggest steps to be taken to counter the threats due to such sophisticated virus.
4) All the Ministries/Departments of Central Government and State Governments are implementing the Crisis Management Plan to counter cyber attacks and cyber terrorism which includes measures for prevention and response of incidents such as malicious code/virus attacks. As part of this, the critical sector organizations are mandated to conduct comprehensive sector organizations are mandated to conduct comprehensive security audit of their Information Technology infrastructure periodically.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Communications & Information Technology, Shri Gurudas kamat in written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :70892)