English Release 22-May 2013
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President’s Banquet Speech at Tashkent, Republic of Uzbekistan
- Prime Minister's Office
- Prime Minister’s speech on the occasion of the release of the ‘Report to the People'
- Election Commission
- Enviornment Ministry Celebrates International Day for Biological Diversity
- Min of Agriculture
Farmers, Farming Communities Honoured for their Contribution in Conserving Plant Genetic Resources
- Min of Corporate Affairs
- ICSI Conducts National Seminar on ‘Indian Financial Code’
- Min of Defence
- Minister of State for Defence Visits AFMS Institutions
- Foundation Stone of Indian National Defence University will be laid Tomorrow
- Ministry of Finance
- P. Chidambaram’s Speech at ICSI Seminar on Indian Financial Code
- Change in Tariff Value of Gold Notified
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Indo-China Bilateral Meet on Healthcare Sector Held
- Azad Meets Sebelius at Geneva
- Min of Mines
Health Problems of Persons in Mining Sector
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- International crude oil price of Indian Basket falls sharply
to 101.98/US$ bbl on 21.5.2013
- Min of Power
Hydro Power Generation Capacity
- Planning Commission
- Madhya Pradesh Plan for 2013-14 Finalized
Ministry of Communications & Information Technology11-March, 2011 18:33 IST
|Protection of Sensitive Installations from but ‘Free Virus’|
| A sophisticated virus called as “Stuxnet” was reported to be spreading worldwide since July 2010. The virus targets Industrial Control Systems. Some computer systems in India were also infected by the Stuxnet, but none of the infections have so far been reported in sensitive Industrial systems. |
The Government has taken several steps to tackle the problem of virus and protection of sensitive installations in the country. These are:
1) Alerts and advisories about the virus threats including such sophisticated virus are being issued regularly by the Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In). Measures to be taken to detect infected systems, dis-infect the same and prevent further propagation are also and being advised regularly to all critical sector organizations in the country.
2) Government in association with Internet Service Providers (ISPs) and security vendors is continuously tracking the infected systems and advising the owners of the systems to dis-infect the same.
3) Workshops have been and are being conducted by CERT-In and other government agencies jointly for critical sector organizations to create awareness and suggest steps to be taken to counter the threats due to such sophisticated virus.
4) All the Ministries/Departments of Central Government and State Governments are implementing the Crisis Management Plan to counter cyber attacks and cyber terrorism which includes measures for prevention and response of incidents such as malicious code/virus attacks. As part of this, the critical sector organizations are mandated to conduct comprehensive sector organizations are mandated to conduct comprehensive security audit of their Information Technology infrastructure periodically.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Communications & Information Technology, Shri Gurudas kamat in written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :70892)