English Release 23-August 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President Inaugurates 6th Edition of KKM Memorial Gold Cup - Rural Football Tournament
- President Underlines Importance of Quality Education
- President of India Condoles The Passing Away of U R Ananthamurthy
- President calls upon IITs to play a pivotal role in developing newer cutting edge technologies
- Prime Minister's Office
- Gujarat CM calls on PM
- PM condoles loss of life in floods in the states of Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and Assam
- PM meets youth of Gujjar-Bakkarwal communities from Jammu and Kashmir
- Prime Minister receives Tamil National Alliance delegation
- Min of Agriculture
- Union Agriculture Minister lays Foundation Stone for Saffron Park Project at Pampore, Pulwama
- Min of Defence
- First Indigenously Built Stealth Anti-Submarine Warfare Ship- INS Kamorta- Commissioned
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- All systems in AIIMS under review: Dr Harsh Vardhan
- Min of Human Resource Development
- India-South Australia Collaboration in Education and Vocational Training Sector
- Min of Social Justice & Empowerment
- States should emphasise on Empowerment and Inclusion of the Disabled, says Minister of Social Justice & Empowerment
- Min of Steel
- Shri Narendra Singh Tomar inaugurates “Heat Hardening Pelletisation Unit” at SAIL, Ranchi
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Brahmaputra in High Flood Situation
- Ghagra Continues to Flow in High Flood Situation
Ministry of Communications & Information Technology11-March, 2011 18:33 IST
|Protection of Sensitive Installations from but ‘Free Virus’|
| A sophisticated virus called as “Stuxnet” was reported to be spreading worldwide since July 2010. The virus targets Industrial Control Systems. Some computer systems in India were also infected by the Stuxnet, but none of the infections have so far been reported in sensitive Industrial systems. |
The Government has taken several steps to tackle the problem of virus and protection of sensitive installations in the country. These are:
1) Alerts and advisories about the virus threats including such sophisticated virus are being issued regularly by the Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In). Measures to be taken to detect infected systems, dis-infect the same and prevent further propagation are also and being advised regularly to all critical sector organizations in the country.
2) Government in association with Internet Service Providers (ISPs) and security vendors is continuously tracking the infected systems and advising the owners of the systems to dis-infect the same.
3) Workshops have been and are being conducted by CERT-In and other government agencies jointly for critical sector organizations to create awareness and suggest steps to be taken to counter the threats due to such sophisticated virus.
4) All the Ministries/Departments of Central Government and State Governments are implementing the Crisis Management Plan to counter cyber attacks and cyber terrorism which includes measures for prevention and response of incidents such as malicious code/virus attacks. As part of this, the critical sector organizations are mandated to conduct comprehensive sector organizations are mandated to conduct comprehensive security audit of their Information Technology infrastructure periodically.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Communications & Information Technology, Shri Gurudas kamat in written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :70892)