English Release 20-December 2014
- Min of Home Affairs
- H.P. Chaudhary advises SSB to face challenges with commitment and confidence
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- Shri Arun Jaitley inaugurates Multimedia Exhibition on Former Prime Minister Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Min of Parliamentary Affairs
- Winter Session of Parliament enters final lap; Rajya Sabha still to decide on crucial Bills
Lok Sabha’s productivity rises to 105% while that of Rajya Sabha declines to 68%
Lok Sabha so far clears a record 17 Bills and Rajya Sabha only 11
Introduction of GST Bill in Lok Sabha, passing of labour reform Bills mark the high points of session
- Min of Road Transport & Highways
- Nitin Gadkari calls upon the Industry to invest in development of Inland Waterways
- Min of Urban Development
National Level City Stakeholder Consultation held to finalize guidelines for HRIDAY Scheme; Shri Venkaiah Naidu emphasizes that the future development of any city must take into consideration its nature, history, and culture
LED based energy efficient smartstreet lights launched in Delhi by the Union Urban Development Minister Shri M.Venkaiah Naidu; Says that the Government is committed to work for development and betterment of the masses
Ministry of Communications & Information Technology11-March, 2011 18:33 IST
|Protection of Sensitive Installations from but ‘Free Virus’|
| A sophisticated virus called as “Stuxnet” was reported to be spreading worldwide since July 2010. The virus targets Industrial Control Systems. Some computer systems in India were also infected by the Stuxnet, but none of the infections have so far been reported in sensitive Industrial systems. |
The Government has taken several steps to tackle the problem of virus and protection of sensitive installations in the country. These are:
1) Alerts and advisories about the virus threats including such sophisticated virus are being issued regularly by the Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In). Measures to be taken to detect infected systems, dis-infect the same and prevent further propagation are also and being advised regularly to all critical sector organizations in the country.
2) Government in association with Internet Service Providers (ISPs) and security vendors is continuously tracking the infected systems and advising the owners of the systems to dis-infect the same.
3) Workshops have been and are being conducted by CERT-In and other government agencies jointly for critical sector organizations to create awareness and suggest steps to be taken to counter the threats due to such sophisticated virus.
4) All the Ministries/Departments of Central Government and State Governments are implementing the Crisis Management Plan to counter cyber attacks and cyber terrorism which includes measures for prevention and response of incidents such as malicious code/virus attacks. As part of this, the critical sector organizations are mandated to conduct comprehensive sector organizations are mandated to conduct comprehensive security audit of their Information Technology infrastructure periodically.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Communications & Information Technology, Shri Gurudas kamat in written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :70892)