English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi’s address at the ceremony held to rededicate, Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, in Mumbai
- PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Press Note
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh says Indian bureaucrats need constant re-orientation as they face new challenges every day
Ministry of Communications & Information Technology11-March, 2011 18:33 IST
|Protection of Sensitive Installations from but ‘Free Virus’|
| A sophisticated virus called as “Stuxnet” was reported to be spreading worldwide since July 2010. The virus targets Industrial Control Systems. Some computer systems in India were also infected by the Stuxnet, but none of the infections have so far been reported in sensitive Industrial systems. |
The Government has taken several steps to tackle the problem of virus and protection of sensitive installations in the country. These are:
1) Alerts and advisories about the virus threats including such sophisticated virus are being issued regularly by the Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In). Measures to be taken to detect infected systems, dis-infect the same and prevent further propagation are also and being advised regularly to all critical sector organizations in the country.
2) Government in association with Internet Service Providers (ISPs) and security vendors is continuously tracking the infected systems and advising the owners of the systems to dis-infect the same.
3) Workshops have been and are being conducted by CERT-In and other government agencies jointly for critical sector organizations to create awareness and suggest steps to be taken to counter the threats due to such sophisticated virus.
4) All the Ministries/Departments of Central Government and State Governments are implementing the Crisis Management Plan to counter cyber attacks and cyber terrorism which includes measures for prevention and response of incidents such as malicious code/virus attacks. As part of this, the critical sector organizations are mandated to conduct comprehensive sector organizations are mandated to conduct comprehensive security audit of their Information Technology infrastructure periodically.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Communications & Information Technology, Shri Gurudas kamat in written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :70892)