English Release 29-August 2014
- President's Secretariat
President presents Sports and Adventure Awards
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM greets people on the occasion of Samvatsari
- PM's Departure Statement ahead of his visit to Japan
- PM pays tribute to legendary hockey player Dhyan Chand; congratulates award-winning sportspersons
- PM greets people on Ganesh Chaturthi
- Min of Agriculture
- Kharif Sowing Crosses 966 Lakh Hectare Mark
- Min of Civil Aviation
- Air India Day Felicitates its Employees
- Ministry of Finance
- Finance Ministry: Performance of the Economy in the First Quarter of the Financial Year 2014-15 ss Broadly on Expected Lines
1,84,68,000 Accounts Opened in more than 70000 Camps Under Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana ; Banks to hold such Camps on Weekly Basis, from 8 am to 8 pm on all saturdays to Achieve the Target of Covering Unbanked Households well in Time
- India Signs Loan Agreements with World Bank for
IDA Assistance of US $ 107 Million for Second Mizoram State Roads Project
- Change in Tariff Value of Crude Palm Oil, RBD Palm Oil, Others – Palm Oil, Crude Palmolein, RBD Palmolein, Others – Palmolein, Crude Soyabean Oil, Brass Scrap (All Grades), Poppy Seeds, Areca Nuts, Gold and Silver Notified
- India’s External Debt: A Status Report 2013-14 Released; India’s External Debt Stock Stood at US$ 440.6 Billion at end-March 2014, Increasing by US$ 31.2 Billion (7.6 per cent) Over the Level at end-March 2013
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- 887 passengers being tracked for Ebola Virus Disease
Integrated trauma support service on anvil
- Exclusivity of Central Government Health Scheme to be phased out
- Min of Home Affairs
- India-Israel Bilateral Cooperation
- Shri O.P. Singh assigned additional charge of DG, NDRF
- National Seminar on Promoting Peace and Harmony
- New Interlocutor for Naga Peace Talks
- Min of Labour & Employment
- National Consultative Workshop on “Industry-Career Centre –ITI Collaboration” organized
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh Felicitates UPSC recommended IAS Candidates
- ACC Appointments
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 101.07 per bbl on 28.08.2014
- Min of Shipping
- Delegation of Powers to States for Registration, Survey and Certification of Fishing Vessels
- Min of Statistics & Programme Implementation
- Estimates of Gross Domestic Product for the First Quarter (April-June) of 2014-15
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Storage Status of 85 Important Reservoirs of the Country as on August 28, 2014
- Min of Youth Affairs & Sports
- President Confers National Sports Awards – 2014
- Full Text of the Speech of Sarbananda Sonowal at a Function to Celebrate the National Sports Day
- Text of Speech of Sarbananda Sonowal at the National Consultation Workshop on ‘Industry- Career Centre- ITI Collaboration’
Cabinet31-March, 2011 18:24 IST
|Setting up of National Mission for Electric Mobility|
|The Union Cabinet today approved a proposal to set up a National Mission for Electric Mobility (NCEM) to promote electric mobility and manufacturing of electric vehicles in India.|
The Cabinet also approved the setting up of a National Board for Electric Mobility (NBEM) by the Department of Heavy Industry. The NCEM will be the apex body in the Government of India for making recommendations in these matters.
The National Automotive Board (NAB), after its formation will be the technical advisor and secretariat for both the NCEM and NBEM.
The present proposal does not involve any financial implication.
In wake of the fast dwindling petroleum resources, growing concerns on the impact of vehicles on the environment and climate change; the automobile industry worldwide is gradually shifting to more efficient drive technologies and alternative fuels including electric vehicles. Accordingly, world over major investments, incentives and policies are being introduced to propagate the development, adoption of electric vehicles (EV) and their manufacturing.
At present, the barriers to greater adoption of Electric Vehicles (EVs) include higher cost of EVs, challenges in battery technology, limited range of EVs, lack of infrastructure, consumer mindset and inadequate government support. In order to resolve these barriers and for electric mobility to take off it is essential that continued government intervention/support, high level ownership, adoption of mission mode approach for fast decision making, collaboration amongst various stakeholders, long term commitment with clearly defined short term and long term objectives and a synergized - holistic approach is essential. Accordingly, the promotion and manufacturing of electric vehicles is being taken up on a mission mode approach as "National Mission for Electric Mobility".
Further, as a first step an enabling, empowered, fast decision and policy making structure at the apex level in the form of National Council for Electric Mobility (NCEM) and the National Board for Electric Mobility (NBEM) is being set up. The Council will comprise of Ministers from the key Central Ministries/Departments, eminent representatives from the industry and academia and will be chaired by the Minister (Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises).
The Council will be aided by a 25 member National Board for Electric Mobility comprising of secretaries of stakeholder Central Ministries/ Departments with representation from industry and academia. The National Council and the Board will be serviced by NATRiP Implementation Society (NATIS) for the time being and in future by the National Automotive Board (NAB), which is being created.
(Release ID :71401)