English Release 22-November 2014
- President's Secretariat
- State Civil Service Officers Undergoing the 116th Induction Training Programme At Lbsnaa Call On The President
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Emphasizes the Need for Continual Oversight to Ensure that Liberty is not Smothered in Material Prosperit
- Min of Defence
- National Cadet Corps Celebrates 66th Anniversary
- Ministry of Finance
- Competition Commission of India (CCI) Invites Comments from Public in Respect of Proposed Combination Between Holcim Limited and Lafarge S.A.
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- ‘Salam Cinema’ Screening Opens Mohsen Makhmalbaf Retro
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Review of Modified DBTL scheme after one week of launch on 15.11.14 in 54 districts
Ministry of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises03-May, 2011 12:58 IST
|Shri S. Sundareshan Assumes Charge as Heavy Industries Secretary|
|Shri S. Sundareshan has taken over as new Secretary, Department of Heavy Industries. A 1976 batch IAS officer of Kerala Cadre, Shri Sundareshan succeeds Shri B.S. Meena, who demitted office on superannuation on 30 April, 2011.
A man of diverse experience, Shri Sundareshan has worked at senior level in the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas as Secretary, Special Secretary and Additional Secretary since April-2007. He has also been Chairman, Forward Markets Commission, putting in place necessary regulation and structures for the growth of Commodities Futures market. An MBA from University of Leeds, UK, Shri Sundareshan has held several important positions in the Government of India including Joint Secretary in the Department of Economic Affairs (Ministry of Finance), Minister (Economic and Commercial), Embassy of India, Tokyo and Joint Chief Controller of Imports & Exports (Ministry of Commerce).
He has handled important assignments in his cadre State Kerala. These include Principal Secretary (Revenue), Secretary (Department of Expenditure), Managing Director (MD), Kerala State Milk Marketing Federation, MD, Kerala Fisheries Corporation.
Shri Sundareshan was born on 28th October 1952. He did his Masters from University of Mumbai before joining the 1976 batch of Indian Administrative Service.
(Release ID :71912)