English Release 7-March 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President of India to present Stree Shakti Puruskar, 2013
- President of India inaugurates Annual Innovation Exhibition
- President of India’s message on the occasion of International Women’s Day
- Election Commission
- General Election to Sixteenth Lok Sabha and State Legislative Assemblies, 2014 – Media Coverage During the Period Referred to in Section 126 of RP Act, 1951
- Schedule for General Elections, 2014
- Fact Sheet on Tripura
- Fact Sheet on Assam
- Democratic Colors Of United India
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Press Note
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- ACC Appointment
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket declines to 105.20 per bbl on 06.3.2014
- Ministry of Tourism
- Foreign Tourist Arrivals Show a Growth of 7.2% in February 2014 over February 2013
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Storage of Important Reservoirs in the Country (As on 27 February 2014)
Ministry of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises03-May, 2011 12:58 IST
|Shri S. Sundareshan Assumes Charge as Heavy Industries Secretary|
|Shri S. Sundareshan has taken over as new Secretary, Department of Heavy Industries. A 1976 batch IAS officer of Kerala Cadre, Shri Sundareshan succeeds Shri B.S. Meena, who demitted office on superannuation on 30 April, 2011.
A man of diverse experience, Shri Sundareshan has worked at senior level in the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas as Secretary, Special Secretary and Additional Secretary since April-2007. He has also been Chairman, Forward Markets Commission, putting in place necessary regulation and structures for the growth of Commodities Futures market. An MBA from University of Leeds, UK, Shri Sundareshan has held several important positions in the Government of India including Joint Secretary in the Department of Economic Affairs (Ministry of Finance), Minister (Economic and Commercial), Embassy of India, Tokyo and Joint Chief Controller of Imports & Exports (Ministry of Commerce).
He has handled important assignments in his cadre State Kerala. These include Principal Secretary (Revenue), Secretary (Department of Expenditure), Managing Director (MD), Kerala State Milk Marketing Federation, MD, Kerala Fisheries Corporation.
Shri Sundareshan was born on 28th October 1952. He did his Masters from University of Mumbai before joining the 1976 batch of Indian Administrative Service.
(Release ID :71912)