English Release 16-April 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Probationers of Indian Postal Service and Indian P&T Accounts and Finance Service call on the President
- Election Commission
- Facts at a Glance: Jammu & Kashmir (5th Poll Day)
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- Indian Industry has an Important Role to Play in Developing Standards: Cabinet Secretary
- Ministry of Finance
- Change in Tariff Value of Crude Palm Oil, RBD Palm Oil, Others – Palm Oil, Crude Palmolein, RBD Palmolein, Others – Palmolein, Crude Soyabean Oil, Brass Scrap (All Grades), Poppy Seeds, ARECA Nuts, Gold and Silver Notified
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- 61st National Film Awards for 2013 Announced
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- ACC Appointments
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Diesel Under-Recovery declines to Rs 5.49/litre for the fortnight commencing 16.4.2014
Ministry of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises03-May, 2011 12:58 IST
|Shri S. Sundareshan Assumes Charge as Heavy Industries Secretary|
|Shri S. Sundareshan has taken over as new Secretary, Department of Heavy Industries. A 1976 batch IAS officer of Kerala Cadre, Shri Sundareshan succeeds Shri B.S. Meena, who demitted office on superannuation on 30 April, 2011.
A man of diverse experience, Shri Sundareshan has worked at senior level in the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas as Secretary, Special Secretary and Additional Secretary since April-2007. He has also been Chairman, Forward Markets Commission, putting in place necessary regulation and structures for the growth of Commodities Futures market. An MBA from University of Leeds, UK, Shri Sundareshan has held several important positions in the Government of India including Joint Secretary in the Department of Economic Affairs (Ministry of Finance), Minister (Economic and Commercial), Embassy of India, Tokyo and Joint Chief Controller of Imports & Exports (Ministry of Commerce).
He has handled important assignments in his cadre State Kerala. These include Principal Secretary (Revenue), Secretary (Department of Expenditure), Managing Director (MD), Kerala State Milk Marketing Federation, MD, Kerala Fisheries Corporation.
Shri Sundareshan was born on 28th October 1952. He did his Masters from University of Mumbai before joining the 1976 batch of Indian Administrative Service.
(Release ID :71912)