English Release 10-December 2013
- Min of Coal
- Modernisation of Coal Mining to be taken up by CIL
- CIL initiates 21 new and 36 Expansion projects
- CIL to set up sixteen Coal Washeries
- Payment of performance related pay to CIL executives under consideration
- Min of Environment and Forests
- Asian Nations Meet in New Delhi to Discuss the Role of Bamboo and Rattan in Pro-Poor Green Development
- Ministry of Finance
- Government Approves one Proposal of Foreign Direct Investment
- Government Approves one Proposal of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Amounting to About Rs. 31.92 Crore
- Min of Overseas Indian Affairs
- Session on “Issues in the Gulf” In Pravasi Bharatiya Divas -2014
- Min of Panchayati Raj
- Rs. 14824.61 Crore Released to 27 States Till November 2013 Under Backward Region Grant Fund
- Ministry of Railways
- Railway Revenue Earnings up by 13.27 Per Cent During April - November 2013
- Ministry of Tourism
- Steps Taken by the Government to Ensure Safety and Security of Tourists
Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs06-May, 2011 15:39 IST
|Dr Ashwani Kumar underscores India-Russia Strategic Partnership|
|Dr. Ashwani Kumar, Minister of State for Planning, Parliamentary Affairs, Science & Technology and Earth Sciences has underscored that the India-Russia strategic partnership would be one of the important partnerships between two nations in the 21st Century. Dr Ashwani Kumar is currently leading a high level parliamentary goodwill delegation to Russia, comprising of seven distinguished members of Parliament from different parties across the political spectrum as part of the program of the high level political dialogue between India and the Russian Federation. |
During the visit the delegation met with H.E Mr Konstantin Kosachev, Chairman of the Foreign Affairs Committee of the State Duma (Lower House) and other members of the committee. They also met H.E Mr. Il’yas Umakhanov Vice Chairman of the Federation Council (Upper House) and a group of Deputies from the Federation Council.
In the meeting with the Chairman of the Foreign Affairs Committee of the State Duma discussions were held on bilateral and international cooperation and security issues of concern to both countries. Both sides agreed that terrorism in any form and anywhere has to be jointly fought and eliminated and re-affirmed the need for the two countries to strengthen their counter terrorism cooperation.
The Russian leadership reiterated their support to India’s permanent membership of the UNSC and proposed active co-operation in regional and international fora including G20, Shanghai Co-operation Organisation, BRICS and the UN.
In the meeting with the Federation Council, Dr Kumar and the accompanying delegation held extensive discussions on ways to further promote Parliamentary exchanges that was identified by both sides as an important mechanism for the India-Russia strategic partnership. Both sides agreed to create country specific friendship groups in each others’ legislatures.
Dr. Kumar also interacted with Russian heads of the bilateral S&T cooperation programs. He reviewed progress being made in several ongoing joint S&T projects including the cooperation being discussed for the new research areas of biotechnology, nanotechnology, medical sciences and meteorology.
(Release ID :71991)