English Release 20-September 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President Congratulates Medal Winners in
Asian Games 2014
- President of India condoles the passing away of Uppalapu Srinivas
- Prime Minister's Office
- Sashastra Seema Bal, SRM University and ITC make donations for PMNRF
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Suicide prevention a health priority: Health Minister
- Health Ministry to take up anti-noise pollution initiatives
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Bharat Pensioners’ Samaj donates to Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund
- Min of Women and Child Development
- Corrigendum for Press Release issued on 19th Sept, 2014 on Meeting of Mrs Melinda Gates and Mr Bill Gates with Smt Maneka Sanjay Gandhi
Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs06-May, 2011 15:39 IST
|Dr Ashwani Kumar underscores India-Russia Strategic Partnership|
|Dr. Ashwani Kumar, Minister of State for Planning, Parliamentary Affairs, Science & Technology and Earth Sciences has underscored that the India-Russia strategic partnership would be one of the important partnerships between two nations in the 21st Century. Dr Ashwani Kumar is currently leading a high level parliamentary goodwill delegation to Russia, comprising of seven distinguished members of Parliament from different parties across the political spectrum as part of the program of the high level political dialogue between India and the Russian Federation. |
During the visit the delegation met with H.E Mr Konstantin Kosachev, Chairman of the Foreign Affairs Committee of the State Duma (Lower House) and other members of the committee. They also met H.E Mr. Il’yas Umakhanov Vice Chairman of the Federation Council (Upper House) and a group of Deputies from the Federation Council.
In the meeting with the Chairman of the Foreign Affairs Committee of the State Duma discussions were held on bilateral and international cooperation and security issues of concern to both countries. Both sides agreed that terrorism in any form and anywhere has to be jointly fought and eliminated and re-affirmed the need for the two countries to strengthen their counter terrorism cooperation.
The Russian leadership reiterated their support to India’s permanent membership of the UNSC and proposed active co-operation in regional and international fora including G20, Shanghai Co-operation Organisation, BRICS and the UN.
In the meeting with the Federation Council, Dr Kumar and the accompanying delegation held extensive discussions on ways to further promote Parliamentary exchanges that was identified by both sides as an important mechanism for the India-Russia strategic partnership. Both sides agreed to create country specific friendship groups in each others’ legislatures.
Dr. Kumar also interacted with Russian heads of the bilateral S&T cooperation programs. He reviewed progress being made in several ongoing joint S&T projects including the cooperation being discussed for the new research areas of biotechnology, nanotechnology, medical sciences and meteorology.
(Release ID :71991)