English Release 22-November 2014
- President's Secretariat
- State Civil Service Officers Undergoing the 116th Induction Training Programme At Lbsnaa Call On The President
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Emphasizes the Need for Continual Oversight to Ensure that Liberty is not Smothered in Material Prosperit
- Min of Defence
- National Cadet Corps Celebrates 66th Anniversary
- Ministry of Finance
- Competition Commission of India (CCI) Invites Comments from Public in Respect of Proposed Combination Between Holcim Limited and Lafarge S.A.
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Press Note on Ebola
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- Team Of ‘Gour Hari Dastaan: The Freedom File’ Meets the Press at the 45TH IFFI
- Directors and Producers of Indian Panorama Opening Films in the 45th IFFI Interact with the Media
- Indian Philosophy of Mutual Respect and Love are My Source of Inspiration: Paul Cox
- ‘Salam Cinema’ Screening Opens Mohsen Makhmalbaf Retro
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Review of Modified DBTL scheme after one week of launch on 15.11.14 in 54 districts
- Min of Urban Development
- Venkaiah Naidu, Urban Development Minister, delivers Keynote Address at US – India Smart Cities Conclave
- Shri M.Venkaiah Naidu visits market, residential areas in R K Puram, New Delhi to check cleanliness
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Government to Start Jal Gram Scheme in Every District Says Uma Bharti
- Our District-Our Water Programme to be Launched to take the Message of Water Conservation to Every Village of the Country-Uma Bharti
Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs06-May, 2011 15:39 IST
|Dr Ashwani Kumar underscores India-Russia Strategic Partnership|
|Dr. Ashwani Kumar, Minister of State for Planning, Parliamentary Affairs, Science & Technology and Earth Sciences has underscored that the India-Russia strategic partnership would be one of the important partnerships between two nations in the 21st Century. Dr Ashwani Kumar is currently leading a high level parliamentary goodwill delegation to Russia, comprising of seven distinguished members of Parliament from different parties across the political spectrum as part of the program of the high level political dialogue between India and the Russian Federation. |
During the visit the delegation met with H.E Mr Konstantin Kosachev, Chairman of the Foreign Affairs Committee of the State Duma (Lower House) and other members of the committee. They also met H.E Mr. Il’yas Umakhanov Vice Chairman of the Federation Council (Upper House) and a group of Deputies from the Federation Council.
In the meeting with the Chairman of the Foreign Affairs Committee of the State Duma discussions were held on bilateral and international cooperation and security issues of concern to both countries. Both sides agreed that terrorism in any form and anywhere has to be jointly fought and eliminated and re-affirmed the need for the two countries to strengthen their counter terrorism cooperation.
The Russian leadership reiterated their support to India’s permanent membership of the UNSC and proposed active co-operation in regional and international fora including G20, Shanghai Co-operation Organisation, BRICS and the UN.
In the meeting with the Federation Council, Dr Kumar and the accompanying delegation held extensive discussions on ways to further promote Parliamentary exchanges that was identified by both sides as an important mechanism for the India-Russia strategic partnership. Both sides agreed to create country specific friendship groups in each others’ legislatures.
Dr. Kumar also interacted with Russian heads of the bilateral S&T cooperation programs. He reviewed progress being made in several ongoing joint S&T projects including the cooperation being discussed for the new research areas of biotechnology, nanotechnology, medical sciences and meteorology.
(Release ID :71991)