English Release 21-May 2013
- Presidents Secretariat
- Premier of the State Council of China calls on President
- Election Commission
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancy from 2 – Mandi Parliamentary Constituency (Himachal Pradesh) - Regarding
- Min of Agriculture
Farmers, Farming Communities to be Honoured for Conserving Plant Genetic Resources
- Min of Defence
- Offshore Patrol Vessel (OPV)ICGS ‘Vaibhav’commissioned
- Min of Environment and Forests
- Development of Community Forest Resources
- Ministry of Finance
- Shashi Kant Sharma, Defence Secretary Appointed as the New Comptroller & Auditor General of India
- Rationalisation of With-Holding Tax (WHT) to Encourage Greater Subscription in Indian Debt Securities by Foreign Investors, Encourage Development of the Indian Debt Market and Accelerate the Pace of Growth of the Indian Economy
- Government urges all tax Payers to Disclose their True income and pay Appropriate taxes within the Current Financial Year;
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Indo- Swiss Bilateral Meet Held at Geneva
- Min of Home Affairs
- Anti-Terrorism Day Observed
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- ACC Appointments
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- International crude oil price of Indian Basket Rises sharply
to 102.50/US$ bbl on 20.5.2013
- Min of Power
- Sustainability Report of NTPC Released
- Min of Steel
- Steel Minister reviews SAIL’s performance and progress of Modernisation and Expansion
- Planning Commission
- Minister Administers Anti-Terrorism Oath
Ministry of Defence02-August, 2011 13:29 IST
|Crash of MIG-29K Aircraft|
|A Prototype MiG-29KUB (Trainer) met with an accident on 23rd June, 2011 in Russia. The aircraft belonged to Russian Aircraft Corporation (RAC) MiG, the manufacturer of the aircraft, and was utilized towards testing of systems and aircraft flight profiles. In this regard, RAC MiG requested the Indian Navy to temporarily suspend operation of the aircraft MiG-29K held in India pending report on the cause of accident.|
A memorandum was served on 28th June, 2011 to RAC MiG to ensure that all matters on the MiG-29K aircraft of concern or requiring the attention of the Indian side be intimated on top priority without delay. Further, a detailed report on the cause of the accident has been sought from RAC MiG.
RAC MiG intimated on 28th June 2011 that based on analysis of data downloaded from the onboard flight data recorder, the Chief Designer of the MiG 29K/KUB has concluded that there were no shortcomings with regard to serviceability of aircraft systems, power plant and avionics.
RAC MiG therefore recommended the resumption of flying of MiG-29K/KUB aircraft in India without any restrictions. Further, RAC MiG has brought out in 1st week of July, 2011 that based on analysis of data from the onboard flight data recorder as well as examination of the aircraft wreckage, the investigation Board preliminarily concludes that all the aircraft systems, power plant and onboard equipment have worked normally from the beginning of the flight till collision with the ground. No destruction of airframe in the air has been noted.
There is no impact on the already concluded contract as the preliminary report of the Board, as intimated by RAC MiG, has brought out that the accident has not occurred due to failure or malfunction of aircraft systems.
This information was given by Defence Minister Shri AK Antony in a written reply to Shri R Thamaraiselvan in Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :73871)