English Release 5-December 2013
- President's Secretariat
- Parliamentary delegation from Myanmar calls on President
- President of India to visit West Bengal from December 6 to 8
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM’s speech at the inauguration of ‘India Telecom 2013’
- Election Commission
- Election Commission Heads and Representatives From
Eight Countries Witness Assembly Elections in Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Delhi
Countries Seek ECI Support in Capacity Building and Election Technology
- Min of Defence
- International Conference on Contribution of Science and Technology in Progress of the World
- Air Chief Inaugurates Swac Commanders' Conference
- Lamp Lighting Ceremony of 58 Batch of Probationer Nurses Conducted at Army Hospital
- Ministry of Finance
- 4th Korea - India Finance Ministerial Working Level Meeting Held; Both Sides Recognize the Necessity for Strenghthening Economic Cooperation Between the two Countries to Overcome Global Crisis
- Gross Direct Tax Collections During April-November of the Current Financial Year 2013-14 is up by 13.18 Percent and Stood at Rs.3,68,655 Crore as Against Rs.3,25,736 Crore in the Same Period Last Year
- Exchange Rate of Foreign Currency Relating to Imported and Export Goods Notified
- Min of Heavy Ind. & Public Enterprises
- Problems Being Faced by the Domestic Manufacturing Industry Related to Power / Electrical Equipment / Capital Goods
- Performance of Hindustan Newsprint Limited
- Instructions to the Management of Instrumentation Limited
- Min of Home Affairs
- India-us homeland security dialogue
Two day conference of police chiefs concludes
- Shri Arvind Ranjan Assigned Additional Charge of DG, CISF
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket increases to US$ 110.33/bbl on 4.12.2013
- Planning Commission
- Unique Identification Authority of India issues 51 crore Aadhaar numbers
Ministry of Defence02-August, 2011 13:29 IST
|Crash of MIG-29K Aircraft|
|A Prototype MiG-29KUB (Trainer) met with an accident on 23rd June, 2011 in Russia. The aircraft belonged to Russian Aircraft Corporation (RAC) MiG, the manufacturer of the aircraft, and was utilized towards testing of systems and aircraft flight profiles. In this regard, RAC MiG requested the Indian Navy to temporarily suspend operation of the aircraft MiG-29K held in India pending report on the cause of accident.|
A memorandum was served on 28th June, 2011 to RAC MiG to ensure that all matters on the MiG-29K aircraft of concern or requiring the attention of the Indian side be intimated on top priority without delay. Further, a detailed report on the cause of the accident has been sought from RAC MiG.
RAC MiG intimated on 28th June 2011 that based on analysis of data downloaded from the onboard flight data recorder, the Chief Designer of the MiG 29K/KUB has concluded that there were no shortcomings with regard to serviceability of aircraft systems, power plant and avionics.
RAC MiG therefore recommended the resumption of flying of MiG-29K/KUB aircraft in India without any restrictions. Further, RAC MiG has brought out in 1st week of July, 2011 that based on analysis of data from the onboard flight data recorder as well as examination of the aircraft wreckage, the investigation Board preliminarily concludes that all the aircraft systems, power plant and onboard equipment have worked normally from the beginning of the flight till collision with the ground. No destruction of airframe in the air has been noted.
There is no impact on the already concluded contract as the preliminary report of the Board, as intimated by RAC MiG, has brought out that the accident has not occurred due to failure or malfunction of aircraft systems.
This information was given by Defence Minister Shri AK Antony in a written reply to Shri R Thamaraiselvan in Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :73871)