English Release 22-November 2014
- President's Secretariat
- State Civil Service Officers Undergoing the 116th Induction Training Programme At Lbsnaa Call On The President
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Emphasizes the Need for Continual Oversight to Ensure that Liberty is not Smothered in Material Prosperit
- Min of Defence
- National Cadet Corps Celebrates 66th Anniversary
- Ministry of Finance
- Competition Commission of India (CCI) Invites Comments from Public in Respect of Proposed Combination Between Holcim Limited and Lafarge S.A.
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Press Note on Ebola
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- Team Of ‘Gour Hari Dastaan: The Freedom File’ Meets the Press at the 45TH IFFI
- Directors and Producers of Indian Panorama Opening Films in the 45th IFFI Interact with the Media
- Indian Philosophy of Mutual Respect and Love are My Source of Inspiration: Paul Cox
- ‘Salam Cinema’ Screening Opens Mohsen Makhmalbaf Retro
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Review of Modified DBTL scheme after one week of launch on 15.11.14 in 54 districts
- Min of Urban Development
- Venkaiah Naidu, Urban Development Minister, delivers Keynote Address at US – India Smart Cities Conclave
- Shri M.Venkaiah Naidu visits market, residential areas in R K Puram, New Delhi to check cleanliness
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Government to Start Jal Gram Scheme in Every District Says Uma Bharti
- Our District-Our Water Programme to be Launched to take the Message of Water Conservation to Every Village of the Country-Uma Bharti
Ministry of Defence02-August, 2011 13:29 IST
|Crash of MIG-29K Aircraft|
|A Prototype MiG-29KUB (Trainer) met with an accident on 23rd June, 2011 in Russia. The aircraft belonged to Russian Aircraft Corporation (RAC) MiG, the manufacturer of the aircraft, and was utilized towards testing of systems and aircraft flight profiles. In this regard, RAC MiG requested the Indian Navy to temporarily suspend operation of the aircraft MiG-29K held in India pending report on the cause of accident.|
A memorandum was served on 28th June, 2011 to RAC MiG to ensure that all matters on the MiG-29K aircraft of concern or requiring the attention of the Indian side be intimated on top priority without delay. Further, a detailed report on the cause of the accident has been sought from RAC MiG.
RAC MiG intimated on 28th June 2011 that based on analysis of data downloaded from the onboard flight data recorder, the Chief Designer of the MiG 29K/KUB has concluded that there were no shortcomings with regard to serviceability of aircraft systems, power plant and avionics.
RAC MiG therefore recommended the resumption of flying of MiG-29K/KUB aircraft in India without any restrictions. Further, RAC MiG has brought out in 1st week of July, 2011 that based on analysis of data from the onboard flight data recorder as well as examination of the aircraft wreckage, the investigation Board preliminarily concludes that all the aircraft systems, power plant and onboard equipment have worked normally from the beginning of the flight till collision with the ground. No destruction of airframe in the air has been noted.
There is no impact on the already concluded contract as the preliminary report of the Board, as intimated by RAC MiG, has brought out that the accident has not occurred due to failure or malfunction of aircraft systems.
This information was given by Defence Minister Shri AK Antony in a written reply to Shri R Thamaraiselvan in Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :73871)