English Release 27-November 2014
- Election Commission
- FACTS AT A GLANCE- JHARKHAND
- Min of Agriculture
- Union Agriculture Minister, Shri Radha Mohan Singh has expresses happiness over establishment of Mahatma Gandhi Central University in Motihari
- Min of Defence
- GRSE, Kolkata pays Dividend to the Government of India
- DGDE Contributes 48.9 lakhs to Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund
- Min of Earth Science
- Monitoring of Variability of Weather Phenomena
- Proposal to Conversion of Sea Water Into Potable Water
- Mapping of Multi-Hazard Coastal Vulnerability
- NASA Aircraft for Prediction of Cyclones
- Ministry of Finance
- FM Revises the Target of Opening of Bank Accounts under PMJDY to 10 Crore by 26th January, 2015
- Finance Minister Shri Arun Jaitley Reiterates The Government’s Vision and Commitment for Working Towards Expanding and Deepening Engagements and Relations Between India and China Based on Mutual Complementarities and Common Interests;
- Min of Heavy Ind. & Public Enterprises
- Protection of Capital Goods Industry
- Formation of SC/ST Employees’ Welfare Organisation in CPSU
- Min of Home Affairs
- Union Home Minister & Tourism Minister launch landmark Tourist Visa on Arrival Enabled with Electronic Travel Authorization Scheme
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- Music Recording comes out of the Shadows
- Lokmanya Tilak Continues to Inspire Youth at IFFI 2014
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 76.00 per bbl on 26.11.2014
- Min of Textiles
- Online Marketing Platform to Handloom Weavers
- Memorandum from All India Kisan Sabha
- Promotion of Handloom Industry
- Handloom and Powerloom Sectors
Ministry of Defence02-August, 2011 13:29 IST
|Crash of MIG-29K Aircraft|
|A Prototype MiG-29KUB (Trainer) met with an accident on 23rd June, 2011 in Russia. The aircraft belonged to Russian Aircraft Corporation (RAC) MiG, the manufacturer of the aircraft, and was utilized towards testing of systems and aircraft flight profiles. In this regard, RAC MiG requested the Indian Navy to temporarily suspend operation of the aircraft MiG-29K held in India pending report on the cause of accident.|
A memorandum was served on 28th June, 2011 to RAC MiG to ensure that all matters on the MiG-29K aircraft of concern or requiring the attention of the Indian side be intimated on top priority without delay. Further, a detailed report on the cause of the accident has been sought from RAC MiG.
RAC MiG intimated on 28th June 2011 that based on analysis of data downloaded from the onboard flight data recorder, the Chief Designer of the MiG 29K/KUB has concluded that there were no shortcomings with regard to serviceability of aircraft systems, power plant and avionics.
RAC MiG therefore recommended the resumption of flying of MiG-29K/KUB aircraft in India without any restrictions. Further, RAC MiG has brought out in 1st week of July, 2011 that based on analysis of data from the onboard flight data recorder as well as examination of the aircraft wreckage, the investigation Board preliminarily concludes that all the aircraft systems, power plant and onboard equipment have worked normally from the beginning of the flight till collision with the ground. No destruction of airframe in the air has been noted.
There is no impact on the already concluded contract as the preliminary report of the Board, as intimated by RAC MiG, has brought out that the accident has not occurred due to failure or malfunction of aircraft systems.
This information was given by Defence Minister Shri AK Antony in a written reply to Shri R Thamaraiselvan in Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :73871)