English Release 22-May 2013
- Election Commission
- Enviornment Ministry Celebrates International Day for Biological Diversity
- Min of Agriculture
Farmers, Farming Communities Honoured for their Contribution in Conserving Plant Genetic Resources
- Min of Corporate Affairs
- ICSI Conducts National Seminar on ‘Indian Financial Code’
- Min of Defence
- Minister of State for Defence Visits AFMS Institutions
- Foundation Stone of Indian National Defence University will be laid Tomorrow
- Ministry of Finance
- P. Chidambaram’s Speech at ICSI Seminar on Indian Financial Code
- Change in Tariff Value of Gold Notified
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Indo-China Bilateral Meet on Healthcare Sector Held
- Azad Meets Sebelius at Geneva
- Min of Mines
Health Problems of Persons in Mining Sector
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- International crude oil price of Indian Basket falls sharply
to 101.98/US$ bbl on 21.5.2013
- Min of Power
Hydro Power Generation Capacity
- Planning Commission
- Madhya Pradesh Plan for 2013-14 Finalized
Ministry of Defence02-August, 2011 13:31 IST
|Indigenous Aircraft Carrier|
| The Indian Navy (IN) has one Aircraft Carrier i.e. INS Viraat. To maintain effective presence in our area of interest, IN should be capable of deploying Carrier Task Forces in two geographically separated locations.|
The Refit and Modernisation works on board the Vikramaditya are progressing in an earnest manner. Consequent to signing of Supplementary Agreements in March, 2010, the Russian side has increased the manpower and material resources considerably for the Project. A majority of the equipment/systems have been installed on board the ship. The delivery of ship is scheduled in December, 2012.
Regarding the ‘Air Defence Ship’ being constructed at Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL), 75% of hull work has been completed and is expected to be launched in December 2011, after which further works will be undertaken prior to commissioning.
Augmentation of infrastructure at CSL is underway. With the infrastructure and experience, indigenous Aircraft Carrier-sized ships can be built at CSL. Additionally, Indian-manufactures warship quality steel is now available, which will reduce dependence on foreign countries.
This information was given by Defence Minister Shri AK Antony in a written reply to Shrimati Deepa Dasmunsi, Shri Mahabal Mishra and Shri Jose K. Mani in Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :73873)