English Release 9-December 2013
- Min of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution
- Measures to Contain the Price Rise
- Allocation Under Food Security Act Made to Four States
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket declines to US$ 109.25/bbl on 6.12.2013
- Ministry of Tourism
- Tourists’ Inflow
- Measures to Boost Tourists’ Inflow in the Country
- 'Earn While you Learn' Programme
- Min of Youth Affairs & Sports
- Jitendra Singh expresses satisfaction over the decision of IOA to amend its Constitution to bar charge-framed individuals from contesting its elections.
Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment18-August, 2011 15:48 IST
|Gorkha Communities in OBC|
|Gorkha Community of Uttarakhand has been notified by the Government of India on 16.06.2011 at Entry No. 2 in the Central List of OBCs for the State of Uttarakhand as "Gorkha (excluding Brahmins and Kshatriya)". |
Castes/ communities are ordinarily included in the Central List of OBCs on the advice of National Commission for Backward Classes. No advice for inclusion of Brahmins and Khatris under Gorkha community for Uttarakhand, has been received.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Social Justice & Empowerment, Shri D. Napoleon in a written reply to a question in the Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :74726)