English Release 28-August 2014
- President's Secretariat
- LLB STUDENTS OF HOOGHLY MOHSIN COLLEGE CALL ON THE PRESIDENT
- President’s greetings on the occasion of
- President to present National Sports Awards tomorrow
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Greets Citizens on Ganesh Chaturthi
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s address during the ceremony held to launch the ‘Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana’ (PMJDY)
- PM launches Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
- "Excited to meet PM Shinzo Abe": PM tweets in Japanese for the first time
- Min of Chemicals and Fertilizers
Jan-Dhan Programme at Bangalore
- Min of Defence
- Flagging off Ceremony : NCC Girls Mountaineering Expedition 2014 to MT Rudugaira Peak
- Ministry of Finance
- Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana Launched by The Prime Minister; About 1.5 Crore Accounts are Expected to be Opened on the Day of the Launch ; Over 77,000 Camps Being Organized for this Purpose
- Report on Public Debt Management for the First Quarter of 2014-15 (April-June 2014) Released
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
867 passengers being tracked for Ebola Virus Disease
- New health policy to address health issues of young modern women
- Min of Home Affairs
- Eminent Freedom Fighters Committee to Meet at Port Blair
- Min of Labour & Employment
- Shri Narendra Singh Tomar to Chair National Consultation for Skill Development
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- ACC Appointment
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 101.39 per bbl on 27.08.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- Arjuna Awards–2014 for Railway Sportspersons
- Min of Road Transport & Highways
Cashless Treatment for Road Accident Victims
- Min of Women and Child Development
Maneka Sanjay Gandhi Launches Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana in Dehradun Along with its Nation-Wide Launch
Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports29-August, 2011 15:0 IST
|President Gives Away Sports and Adventure Awards
| The President, Smt. Pratibha Devisingh Patil gave away Sports and Adventure Awards at a ceremony at Rashtrapati Bhawan today. The function was attended by Union Minister of Railways Shri Dinesh Trivedi, Shri Ajay Maken, Minister of State (I/C) for Youth Affairs & Sports and several eminent sports persons. |
Sh. Gagan Narang was awarded Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award this year for his sterling performance in Shooting. The award carries a statuettes, citations and cash prize of Rs 7.5 lakh each.
Shri Shabbir Ali (Football), Shri Sushil Kohli (Swimming) and Shri Rajkumar (Wrestling) were conferred Dhyan Chand Awards for the year 2011 for their contribution to sports by their performance and efforts to promote the sports. The award carries a statuettes, citations and cash prize of Rs 5 lakh each.
The President also gave away Dronacharya Awards for the this year to Shri Inukurthi Venkateshwara Rao (Boxing), Shri Devender Kumar Rathore (Gymnastics), Shri Ramphal (Wrestling), Dr. Kuntal Roy (Athletics) and Shri Rajinder Singh (Hockey) in recognition of their meritorious achievements in the field of coaching. The award carries a statuettes, citations and enhanced cash prize of Rs 5 lakh each.
Shri Rahul Banerjee (Archery), Ms. Preeja Sreedharan (Athletics), Ms. Jwala Gutta (Badminton), Shri M. Suranjoy Singh (Boxing), Shri Sunil Chhetri (Football), Shri Rajpal Singh (Hockey), Shri Rakesh Kumar (Kabaddi), Ms. Tejeswini Bai V (Kabaddi -Women)), Ms. Tejaswini Ravindra Sawant (Shooting), Shri Veedhawal Vikram Khade(Swimming), Shri Sanjay Kumar (Volleyball), Shri Ravinder Singh (Wrestling), Naib Subedar Katulu Ravikumar (Weightlifting), Ms. Wangkhem Sandhyarani Devi (Wushu) and Shri Prasantha Karamakar (Swimming Paralympics) were conferred Arjuna Awards for the year 2011, in recognition of their outstanding achievements in the respective field of sports. The Award carries a statuettes, citations and enhanced cash prize of Rs 5 lakh each.
Shri Vikas Gowda (Athletics), Shri Zaheer Khan (Cricket), Shri Ashish Kumar (Gymnastics) and Shri Somdev Kishore Devvarman (Tennis) have been also awarded Arjuna Awards but they could not attend the presentation ceremony because of their sporting events abroad.
With a view to recognize, the contribution made to sports development by entities other than sportspersons and coaches, the Government had instituted in 2009, a new award “Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puruskar”, which has four categories, namely, community sports development, promotion of sports academies of excellence, support to elite sportspersons and employment to sportspersons.
The Petroleum Sports Promotion Board was conferred “Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puruskar” for the year 2011 under the category of Financial Support for Sports Excellence Establishment. Shri N. Ramachadran of Squash Academy, Chennai also received the Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puruskar” for Establishment Management of Sports Academics of Excellence.
The President also conferred Tenzing Norgay National Adventure Awards for the year 2010 to recognize the contribution and performance of the awardees in the field of adventure sports. Late Col. Balwant Singh Sandhu was given Life Time Achievement Award (Posthumously). Ms. Reena Kaushal Dharmshaktu for Land Adventure, Ms. Mamta Sodha for Land Adventure and Shri Dilip Donde for Water Adventure were also awarded. The award carries cash prize of Rs 5 lakh and Bronze Statuette along with a citation.
(Release ID :75167)