English Release 27-January 2015
- President's Secretariat
- President meets participants of Republic Day Parade – 2015
- President of India condoles the passing away of RK Laxman
- Prime Minister's Office
- English Rendering of Transcript of the special episode of Mann ki Baat: PM Shri Narendra Modi and US President Shri Barack Obama share their thoughts on Radio
- Transcript of the special episode of "Mann ki Baat": PM Shri Narendra Modi and US President Shri Barack Obama share their thoughts on Radio
- PM and President Obama to share their thoughts together on Mann ki Baat today
- Min of Agriculture
- Union Agriculture Minister holds discussion with State Agriculture Ministers on Draft Farm Income Insurance Scheme
- Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries & Forests, Fiji calls on Shri Radha Mohan Singh Today
- Concerted Efforts Needed to Produce Clean Spices at Competitive Prices says Radha Mohan Singh
- Min of Chemicals and Fertilizers
- Data about the supply and availability of Urea in the country
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- Global Exhibition on Services to be held in April in Pragati Maidan
- Min of Culture
- Union Minister of Culture and Tourism condoles the passing away of eminent cartoonist R.K. Laxman
- Ministry of Finance
- FM: Investors Showing Huge Curiosity and Interest in India; We Can’t Afford to Miss this Opportunity; Ordinarily Everything is Going in our Favour Including Better Growth Prospects, Good Reserves, Fiscal Deficit and Cad Under Control; Calls for Non Adversarial Tax Administration
- Min of Home Affairs
- Influential persons on motivational tour from J&K meets Rajnath Singh
- Min of Mines
- Mineral Production during November 2014
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Kiran Mazumdar Shaw presents Indian Biotechnology roadmap to Dr. Jitendra Singh
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Meeting of French Ambassador with the Petroleum Minister
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 45.17 per bbl on 26.01.2015
- Min of Urban Development
- US and India to formulate smart city action plans in three months
Ministry of Environment and Forests29-August, 2011 17:33 IST
|SEWAGE PROJECTS to Prevent Untreated Sewage|
|The Interceptor Sewage project to prevent untreated sewage from flowing into the Yamuna in Delhi has taken off .This project being implemented by Delhi Jal Board under the centrally sponsored scheme of JnNURM envisages Construction of sewage pumping stations at different locations, laying of interceptor sewers in a total length of 59 kms along three major drains namely Najafgarh, Supplementary and Shadhara, Laying of rising mains and construction of interceptor chambers to intercept the untreated sewage and to pump it to the nearest Sewage Treatment Plants. |
It is estimated that Class-I cities (498) and Class-II towns (410) generate more than 38254 million liters of sewage per day against which the treatment capacity exists only for about 11787 million liters per day of sewage. Thus there is a large gap between generation and treatment of municipal sewage in the country.
Conservation of rivers is an ongoing and collective effort of the Central and State Governments. This Ministry is supplementing the efforts of the State Governments for abatement of pollution in rivers under National River Conservation Plan (NRCP) which presently covers polluted stretches of 39 rivers in 185 towns in 20 States.
The Central Government has constituted the National Ganga River Basin Authority (NGRBA) in February, 2009 as an empowered authority for conservation of the river Ganga by adopting a holistic approach. The Authority has decided that under ‘Mission Clean Ganga’, it will be ensured that by the year 2020, no untreated municipal sewage and industrial effluents flow into Ganga.
Creation of infrastructure for sewage management and disposal is also being undertaken through other central schemes, such as Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission and Urban Infrastructure Development Scheme for Small and Medium Towns, as well as under state schemes.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Environment and Forests (independent charge) Shrimati Jayanthi Natarajan in a written reply to a question by Shri Uday Singh and Shri K.C. Singh 'Baba' in Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :75252)