English Release 24-October 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM conveys greetings on United Nations Day
- PM salutes our brave ITBP personnel on the Raising Day of ITBP
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Dr Harsh Vardhan offers cooperation to Pakistan to end polio
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 83.61 per bbl on 23.10.2014
- Min of Road Transport & Highways
- Electronic Toll Collection System to be Inaugurated on October 31, 2014
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- India’s Performance at 2nd Asian Para Games 2014 on 22nd and 23rd October, 2014
- Min of Urban Development
- Shri M.Venkaiah Naidu adopts Hudhud cyclone ravaged village of Andhra Pradesh for rehabilitation
Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment17-September, 2011 20:22 IST
|Shilpostav 2011 begins Today|
|Shilpostav 2011, the annual fair of artisans from across the country, belonging to the weaker sections of the society, began at Dilli Haat in New Delhi today. Union minister for Social Justice & Empowerment Shri Mukul Wasnik inaugurated the 15 days long festival which will continue till 30th of this month. Speaking on the occasion the minister said that the Shilpostav is a unique platform to show case the talent of marginalized and disadvantaged artisans and in an emerging state which needs to be taken a step further. The minister emphasized that similar exhibition should be organized in Bangalore, Kolkata, Hyderabad and other cities of the country.|
This is the fifth consecutive year of Shilpostav. The participating artists and workers are the beneficiaries of various apex organizations of the Ministry of social Justice & Empowerment who will display and sell their products at 129 stalls hired for this purpose at Dilli Haat.
Addressing the participants the minister said that artists from different states of the country should be recognized so that their hidden talent can be exhibited and they can get an opportunity to participate in future Shilpostavas. According to Shri Wasnik a Brand name of quality works should be popularized so that the works produced by Backward class, scheduled caste and handicapped artists can be valued equally by the people.
Those who were present during the occasion included Shri K. M. Acharya, Secretary, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Smt. Sangita Gairola, Addl. Secretary, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Shri Sanjeev Kumar, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
(Release ID :76065)