English Release 4-March 2015
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee at the President’s standard presentation to 21 Squadron and 116 Helicopter Unit
- India firmly committed to Peace and Stability, says the President
- Prime Minister's Office
- 35 MLAs from Maharashtra call on PM
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- Notice Inviting Applications (NIA) issued for e-auction of 135 Private FM Radio Channels in 69 Cities in First Batch of FM Phase III
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global Crude Oil Price of Indian Basket was US$ 58.84 per bbl on 03.03.2015
- Min of Tribal Affairs
- Skill Development Centres in Maoist Affected Areas
- Min of Urban Development
- 46 PPP Projects with an investment of Rs.25,902 cr in progress for augmenting urban infrastructure
- Smart City Task Forces for Ajmer, Allahabad and Visakhapatnam set up
Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment17-September, 2011 20:22 IST
|Shilpostav 2011 begins Today|
|Shilpostav 2011, the annual fair of artisans from across the country, belonging to the weaker sections of the society, began at Dilli Haat in New Delhi today. Union minister for Social Justice & Empowerment Shri Mukul Wasnik inaugurated the 15 days long festival which will continue till 30th of this month. Speaking on the occasion the minister said that the Shilpostav is a unique platform to show case the talent of marginalized and disadvantaged artisans and in an emerging state which needs to be taken a step further. The minister emphasized that similar exhibition should be organized in Bangalore, Kolkata, Hyderabad and other cities of the country.|
This is the fifth consecutive year of Shilpostav. The participating artists and workers are the beneficiaries of various apex organizations of the Ministry of social Justice & Empowerment who will display and sell their products at 129 stalls hired for this purpose at Dilli Haat.
Addressing the participants the minister said that artists from different states of the country should be recognized so that their hidden talent can be exhibited and they can get an opportunity to participate in future Shilpostavas. According to Shri Wasnik a Brand name of quality works should be popularized so that the works produced by Backward class, scheduled caste and handicapped artists can be valued equally by the people.
Those who were present during the occasion included Shri K. M. Acharya, Secretary, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Smt. Sangita Gairola, Addl. Secretary, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Shri Sanjeev Kumar, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
(Release ID :76065)