English Release 29-July 2014
- President's Secretariat
- PRESIDENT CONGRATULATES MEDAL WINNERS IN
- President of India’s greetings on Idu’l Fitr
- Prime Minister's Office
- CEO, Mitsubishi Corporation, calls on PM
- PM addresses scientists at 86th ICAR Foundation Day
- PM greets Vice President on Eid-ul-Fitr
- PM greets people on Eid-ul-Fitr
- Min of Agriculture
- Prime Minister give Mantras of "Kam Zameen, Kam Samay, Zyaada Upaj","Per Drop, more Crop", and "Lab to Land"
- Min of Urban Development
- New urban development initiatives to address shortcomings of JNNURM
- Min of Youth Affairs & Sports
- Minister of Youth Affairs & Sports, Sarbananda Sonowal congratulates Indian medal winners on the 5th day in commonwealth Games 2014
Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment17-September, 2011 20:22 IST
|Shilpostav 2011 begins Today|
|Shilpostav 2011, the annual fair of artisans from across the country, belonging to the weaker sections of the society, began at Dilli Haat in New Delhi today. Union minister for Social Justice & Empowerment Shri Mukul Wasnik inaugurated the 15 days long festival which will continue till 30th of this month. Speaking on the occasion the minister said that the Shilpostav is a unique platform to show case the talent of marginalized and disadvantaged artisans and in an emerging state which needs to be taken a step further. The minister emphasized that similar exhibition should be organized in Bangalore, Kolkata, Hyderabad and other cities of the country.|
This is the fifth consecutive year of Shilpostav. The participating artists and workers are the beneficiaries of various apex organizations of the Ministry of social Justice & Empowerment who will display and sell their products at 129 stalls hired for this purpose at Dilli Haat.
Addressing the participants the minister said that artists from different states of the country should be recognized so that their hidden talent can be exhibited and they can get an opportunity to participate in future Shilpostavas. According to Shri Wasnik a Brand name of quality works should be popularized so that the works produced by Backward class, scheduled caste and handicapped artists can be valued equally by the people.
Those who were present during the occasion included Shri K. M. Acharya, Secretary, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Smt. Sangita Gairola, Addl. Secretary, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Shri Sanjeev Kumar, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
(Release ID :76065)