English Release 16-April 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Probationers of Indian Postal Service and Indian P&T Accounts and Finance Service call on the President
- Election Commission
- Facts at a Glance: Jammu & Kashmir (5th Poll Day)
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- Indian Industry has an Important Role to Play in Developing Standards: Cabinet Secretary
- Ministry of Finance
- Change in Tariff Value of Crude Palm Oil, RBD Palm Oil, Others – Palm Oil, Crude Palmolein, RBD Palmolein, Others – Palmolein, Crude Soyabean Oil, Brass Scrap (All Grades), Poppy Seeds, ARECA Nuts, Gold and Silver Notified
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- 61st National Film Awards for 2013 Announced
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- ACC Appointments
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Diesel Under-Recovery declines to Rs 5.49/litre for the fortnight commencing 16.4.2014
Ministry of Defence17-November, 2011 15:19 IST
|National Workshop on Nanotechnology
for Defence Applications
|A two-day National Workshop on Nanotechnology for Defence Applications (NWNDA-2011) concluded here today. The event marked the Golden Jubilee of Solid State Physics Laboratory (SSPL), a premier institute of the Defence Research & Development Board (DRDO), working on development of solid state devices for defence needs. |
A sustained and dedicated research over the past few years has led DRDO to development of products that are currently at different stages of maturity. To realize deliverable products, product engineering and technologies for up-scaling are essential components in the product development process, a collaborative and coherent approach is being worked out. This workshop is an important and crucial platform for realization of this objective.
The workshop was inaugurated by Dr. T. Ramasami, Secretary, Department of Science & Technology, who appreciated the work being carried out by DRDO in the field of Nanotechnology, particularly in the field of sensors and composites. He advocated selection of realizable application area and keeping the research activity focused on demands of defence forces. He further emphasized on roping in industry partners in all possible fields.
Dr. K. D. Nayak, Chief Controller R&D, DRDO, highlighted the extensive work being carried out by DRDO in the field of Nanotechnology and stressed the necessity of enabling technologies such as Nanotechnology for building better products for defence forces and nation, such as the recently launched Agni-IV, where several improvements were brought about by using these advanced composite materials.
Dr. R. Muralidharan, Director SSPL deliberated on the work being carried out at SSPL in the field of nanotechnology.
(Release ID :77270)