English Release 1-November 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM chairs meeting of the National Committee for Commemoration of 125th Birth Anniversary of Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru
- Prime Minister’s Kerala Piravi Greetings
- PM greets People of Madhya Pradesh on State’s Foundation Day
- PM greets People of Haryana on Haryana Day
- PM greets the people of Karnataka on Kannada Rajyotsava
- PM greets the people of Chhattisgarh on their Foundation Day
- Min of Agriculture
- Radha Mohan Singh stresses need of taking Indian Agriculture to newer heights
- Min of Defence
- Air Marshal B Suresh Takes Over as Senior Air Staff Officer Western Air Command, IAF
- Min of Environment and Forests
- Illegal Wildlife Products to be incinerated at National Zoological Park tomorrow
- Ministry of Finance
- Change in Tariff Value of Crude Palm Oil, RBD Palm Oil, Others – Palm Oil, Crude Palmolein, RBD Palmolein, Others – Palmolein, Crude Soyabean Oil, Brass Scrap (All Grades), Poppy Seeds, Areca Nuts, Gold and Silver Notified
- Term of the Fourteenth Finance Commission Extended by Two Months up to 31st December, 2014
- Min of Home Affairs
- Union Home Minister Rajnath singh says the values are equally important along with knowledge
Ministry of Defence17-November, 2011 15:19 IST
|National Workshop on Nanotechnology
for Defence Applications
|A two-day National Workshop on Nanotechnology for Defence Applications (NWNDA-2011) concluded here today. The event marked the Golden Jubilee of Solid State Physics Laboratory (SSPL), a premier institute of the Defence Research & Development Board (DRDO), working on development of solid state devices for defence needs. |
A sustained and dedicated research over the past few years has led DRDO to development of products that are currently at different stages of maturity. To realize deliverable products, product engineering and technologies for up-scaling are essential components in the product development process, a collaborative and coherent approach is being worked out. This workshop is an important and crucial platform for realization of this objective.
The workshop was inaugurated by Dr. T. Ramasami, Secretary, Department of Science & Technology, who appreciated the work being carried out by DRDO in the field of Nanotechnology, particularly in the field of sensors and composites. He advocated selection of realizable application area and keeping the research activity focused on demands of defence forces. He further emphasized on roping in industry partners in all possible fields.
Dr. K. D. Nayak, Chief Controller R&D, DRDO, highlighted the extensive work being carried out by DRDO in the field of Nanotechnology and stressed the necessity of enabling technologies such as Nanotechnology for building better products for defence forces and nation, such as the recently launched Agni-IV, where several improvements were brought about by using these advanced composite materials.
Dr. R. Muralidharan, Director SSPL deliberated on the work being carried out at SSPL in the field of nanotechnology.
(Release ID :77270)