English Release 22-November 2014
- President's Secretariat
- State Civil Service Officers Undergoing the 116th Induction Training Programme At Lbsnaa Call On The President
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Emphasizes the Need for Continual Oversight to Ensure that Liberty is not Smothered in Material Prosperit
- Min of Defence
- National Cadet Corps Celebrates 66th Anniversary
- Ministry of Finance
- Competition Commission of India (CCI) Invites Comments from Public in Respect of Proposed Combination Between Holcim Limited and Lafarge S.A.
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Press Note on Ebola
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- Team Of ‘Gour Hari Dastaan: The Freedom File’ Meets the Press at the 45TH IFFI
- Directors and Producers of Indian Panorama Opening Films in the 45th IFFI Interact with the Media
- Indian Philosophy of Mutual Respect and Love are My Source of Inspiration: Paul Cox
- ‘Salam Cinema’ Screening Opens Mohsen Makhmalbaf Retro
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Review of Modified DBTL scheme after one week of launch on 15.11.14 in 54 districts
- Min of Urban Development
- Venkaiah Naidu, Urban Development Minister, delivers Keynote Address at US – India Smart Cities Conclave
- Shri M.Venkaiah Naidu visits market, residential areas in R K Puram, New Delhi to check cleanliness
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Government to Start Jal Gram Scheme in Every District Says Uma Bharti
- Our District-Our Water Programme to be Launched to take the Message of Water Conservation to Every Village of the Country-Uma Bharti
Ministry of Defence17-November, 2011 15:19 IST
|National Workshop on Nanotechnology
for Defence Applications
|A two-day National Workshop on Nanotechnology for Defence Applications (NWNDA-2011) concluded here today. The event marked the Golden Jubilee of Solid State Physics Laboratory (SSPL), a premier institute of the Defence Research & Development Board (DRDO), working on development of solid state devices for defence needs. |
A sustained and dedicated research over the past few years has led DRDO to development of products that are currently at different stages of maturity. To realize deliverable products, product engineering and technologies for up-scaling are essential components in the product development process, a collaborative and coherent approach is being worked out. This workshop is an important and crucial platform for realization of this objective.
The workshop was inaugurated by Dr. T. Ramasami, Secretary, Department of Science & Technology, who appreciated the work being carried out by DRDO in the field of Nanotechnology, particularly in the field of sensors and composites. He advocated selection of realizable application area and keeping the research activity focused on demands of defence forces. He further emphasized on roping in industry partners in all possible fields.
Dr. K. D. Nayak, Chief Controller R&D, DRDO, highlighted the extensive work being carried out by DRDO in the field of Nanotechnology and stressed the necessity of enabling technologies such as Nanotechnology for building better products for defence forces and nation, such as the recently launched Agni-IV, where several improvements were brought about by using these advanced composite materials.
Dr. R. Muralidharan, Director SSPL deliberated on the work being carried out at SSPL in the field of nanotechnology.
(Release ID :77270)