English Release 24-April 2014
- Election Commission
- List of Contesting Candidates for Parliamentry Constituences(for Poll Dates Till 24 th April)
- Min of Civil Aviation
Delhi Airport to Become Zero Diversionary Airport
- Min of Culture
- Festival of India in China – Launch of Logo, Release of Posters and Webpage
- Min of Earth Science
- IMD Releases Long Range Forecast for the 2014 Southwest Monsoon Season Rainfall
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Civil Services (Main) Examination, 2012
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket decline marginally to US$ 106.81 per bbl on 23.4.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- International Conference on - ‘Emerging Fire Protection Technologies for Rolling Stock’ Inaugurated
Ministry of Defence17-November, 2011 15:19 IST
|National Workshop on Nanotechnology
for Defence Applications
|A two-day National Workshop on Nanotechnology for Defence Applications (NWNDA-2011) concluded here today. The event marked the Golden Jubilee of Solid State Physics Laboratory (SSPL), a premier institute of the Defence Research & Development Board (DRDO), working on development of solid state devices for defence needs. |
A sustained and dedicated research over the past few years has led DRDO to development of products that are currently at different stages of maturity. To realize deliverable products, product engineering and technologies for up-scaling are essential components in the product development process, a collaborative and coherent approach is being worked out. This workshop is an important and crucial platform for realization of this objective.
The workshop was inaugurated by Dr. T. Ramasami, Secretary, Department of Science & Technology, who appreciated the work being carried out by DRDO in the field of Nanotechnology, particularly in the field of sensors and composites. He advocated selection of realizable application area and keeping the research activity focused on demands of defence forces. He further emphasized on roping in industry partners in all possible fields.
Dr. K. D. Nayak, Chief Controller R&D, DRDO, highlighted the extensive work being carried out by DRDO in the field of Nanotechnology and stressed the necessity of enabling technologies such as Nanotechnology for building better products for defence forces and nation, such as the recently launched Agni-IV, where several improvements were brought about by using these advanced composite materials.
Dr. R. Muralidharan, Director SSPL deliberated on the work being carried out at SSPL in the field of nanotechnology.
(Release ID :77270)