English Release 30-August 2014
- President's Secretariat
President of India’s Message on the Eve of National Day of Trinidad and Tobago
President of India’s Message on the Eve of National Day of Malaysia
- President of India to Attend 14th Convocation of the University of Jammu
- Prime Minister's Office
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi starts his Japan visit with a private dinner with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe
- PM arrives in Japan
- PM condoles the passing away of Shri Bipan Chandra
- Ministry of Finance
- Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana: No Burden on Banks Rather Makes A Reasonable Business Case for Them
- Steps Taken by the Government Starts Showing Results: GDP Shows A Growth Rate Of 5.7 Per Cent in Q1 Of 2014-15 Over the Corresponding Quarter of the Previous Year; Headline WPI Inflation Comes Down to 5.1 Per Cent in July 2014 Among Others
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Dr Harsh Vardhan witnesses grassroots health system dysfunction and
meets doctor couple with rare commitment
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- Environment and Progress Can Go Hand in Hand, Says Javadekar at the Convocation for Indian Forest Service Probationers in Dehradun
Ministry of Defence17-November, 2011 15:19 IST
|National Workshop on Nanotechnology
for Defence Applications
|A two-day National Workshop on Nanotechnology for Defence Applications (NWNDA-2011) concluded here today. The event marked the Golden Jubilee of Solid State Physics Laboratory (SSPL), a premier institute of the Defence Research & Development Board (DRDO), working on development of solid state devices for defence needs. |
A sustained and dedicated research over the past few years has led DRDO to development of products that are currently at different stages of maturity. To realize deliverable products, product engineering and technologies for up-scaling are essential components in the product development process, a collaborative and coherent approach is being worked out. This workshop is an important and crucial platform for realization of this objective.
The workshop was inaugurated by Dr. T. Ramasami, Secretary, Department of Science & Technology, who appreciated the work being carried out by DRDO in the field of Nanotechnology, particularly in the field of sensors and composites. He advocated selection of realizable application area and keeping the research activity focused on demands of defence forces. He further emphasized on roping in industry partners in all possible fields.
Dr. K. D. Nayak, Chief Controller R&D, DRDO, highlighted the extensive work being carried out by DRDO in the field of Nanotechnology and stressed the necessity of enabling technologies such as Nanotechnology for building better products for defence forces and nation, such as the recently launched Agni-IV, where several improvements were brought about by using these advanced composite materials.
Dr. R. Muralidharan, Director SSPL deliberated on the work being carried out at SSPL in the field of nanotechnology.
(Release ID :77270)