English Release 30-September 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President congratulates medal winners in Asian Games 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of Joint Editorial by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi and US President Mr. Barack Obama, published on the website of Washington Post
- PM to share his thoughts with the countrymen through Radio
- Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi's interaction session at the Council on Foreign Relations in New York
- Vision Statement for the U.S.-India Strategic Partnership
- PM’s address and interaction at Council on Foreign Relations in New York City
- Min of Agriculture
- Inclusion of State of Bihar under Foot and Mouth Disease Control Programme (FMD-CP)
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- Index of Eight Core Industries (Base: 2004-05=100), August, 2014
- Min of Defence
- Chief of the Army Staff Takes Over as the
Honorary Colonel of Rashtriya Rifles
India US Combined Military Training Exercise
- Ministry of Finance
Change in Tariff Value of Crude Palm Oil, RBD Palm Oil, Others – Palm Oil, Crude Palmolein, RBD Palmolein, Others – Palmolein, Crude Soyabean Oil, Brass Scrap (All Grades), Poppy Seeds, Areca Nuts, Gold and Silver Notified
- Task Forces as Recommended by FSLRC Constituted for Laying the Road Map for Setting-up of Resolution Corporation (RC), Financial Data Management Centre (FDMC), Financial Sector Appellate Tribunal (FSAT) and Public Debt Management Agency (PDMA)
- Centralized Processing Center (CPC), Bengluru Becomes ISO-27001:2005 Compliant
- Min of Heavy Ind. & Public Enterprises
- Shri Kapil Dev Tripathi take Charge of Secretary Department of Public Enterprises
- Min of Home Affairs
- Union Home Minister receives contribution to PMNRF from National Police Academy
- Min of New and Renewable Energy
- First Renewable Energy Global Investment Promotion Meet & Expo to be held in February 2015
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 95.26 per bbl on 29.09.2014
- Min of Science & Technology
- Dr. Jitendra Singh lays foundation stone for new block of CSIR-Institute of Microbiol Technology at Chandigarh
- Min of Shipping
- Concept to be Finalised Soon for Impementation of the Sagar Mala Project
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- India won 2 Gold, 2 Silver and 3 Bronze Medals on Day 11 of Asian Games 2014
- Min of Urban Development
- Swachh Bharat Mission Logo and Tagline contest winners to be felicitated by Prime Minister
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Uma Bharti to Administer Swachh Bharat Shapath
- Min of Women and Child Development
- Smt. Maneka Sanjay Gandhi launches the New Guaranteed Minimum Pension Scheme in Dehradun
Ministry of Defence23-November, 2011 14:04 IST
|Delay in Modernisation Programmeme of MDL|
|There have been initial delays in modernization, programmeme of Mazagon Docks Limited (MDL). However, the delay in Modernization Programmeme has not contributed directly to thedelayin ongoing warship construction projects.|
The major reasons for delay in implementing the modernization programmeme of MDL are-.
(i) MDL could not pursue creation of Modular Shop, Cradle Shop, Wet Basin and Stores primarily because of non-availability of land, want of permission from Mumbai Port-Trust and lack of adequate funds in the initial stage.
(ii) The Goliath Crane which was tendered out in June, 2005 and August, 2006 was re-tendered again for the third time in January, 2007 due to non-availability of qualified contractors who could meet the prequalification requirement. The contract was signed on 6th August, 2009.
(iii) The tender for the Wet Basin was issued in August, 2006. However, the single qualified bid could not be accepted due to high price. It was re-tendered again in June, 2007 and subsequently contract was placed only in August, 2008.
(iv) Building and ancillary works were tendered in December, 2006 but the single bid received did not meet the qualification criteria. Subsequently, it was re-tendered and the Letter of Acceptance was placed in June, 2009.
Stealth frigate (Project-17) and Destroyers (P-15A) projects are running behind schedule due to delay in supply of high quality steel for warships, delay in finalization and delivery of major weapons, sensors and propulsion system through indigenous/foreign sources. Two out of three Stealth frigates have been delivered and the third Stealth frigate is scheduled to be delivered in the current financial year. All efforts and remedial measures have been taken to expedite early delivery of system/equipment in respect of Destroyers (P-15A) projects.
There are no cost over runs due to delay in completion of projects and hence no loss to Government.
Construction projects at other Government Shipyards that are running behind schedule are :
(i) Hindustan Shipyard Ltd: Construction of 53K DWT Bulk Carrier, Inshore Patrol Vessels, Bollard Pull Tug are running behind schedule due to design issues, receipt of material and productivity on account of aging infrastructure.
(ii) Goa Shipyard Ltd: There is a delay in construction of Naval Offshore Patrol Vessels (NOPV) primarily due to failure on the part of nominated indigenous supplier to deliver the gearboxes. The gearboxes have been ordered from an OEM and the first gearbox is scheduled to be delivered by early December 2011, which will enable delivery of first NOPV by November, 2012 followed by balance three NOPVs at an interval of 6 months thereafter.
This information was given by Minister of State for Defence Shri MM PallamRaju in written reply to Shri PiyushGoyal in Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :77405)