English Release 23-May 2013
- Presidents Secretariat
- Press Communique
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM's speech at the Foundation Stone Laying Ceremony for the Indian National Defence University at Gurgaon
- Min of Coal
- IMG Reviews Applications for Allocations Coal Blocks to PSU
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- Government Revises Market Development Assistance for Aggressive Export Promotion
Now Bigger Exporters Eligible for MDA
- Government Takes Action for Complying with New Standards for Import of Bulk Drugs into EU.
- Min of Defence
- Prime Minister Lays the Foundation Stone of Indian National Defence University
- Min of Environment and Forests
- Measures for Protection and Conservation of Wild Animals
- Ministry of Finance
- Excise Duty free Sale of Goods Manufactured in India Allowed to International Passengers or Members of Crew Arriving from Abroad and to Passengers Going Out of India at The Duty free Shops Located at International Airports of the Country
- Shri Shashi Kant Sharma Takes Over as CAG of India
- Issue of Quantitative Easing in USA, China and Japan has no Relevance at all To the Situation in India; Inflation Showing Downward Trend While Foreign Inflows Are Copious; No Need for any kind of Nervousness; Oil Subsidy Bill for this year not to Exceed Rs.80,000 Crore: FM
- Min of Home Affairs
- Union Home Minister Reviews Cooperation With United States of America in High Level Meetings
- Min of Micro,Small & Medium Enterprises
- 4 Lakh New Micro Enterprises target fixed for creation of new employment opportunities for around 32 lakh unemployed youth in the 12th Five Year Plan under PMEGP says MSME Minister
- Min of New and Renewable Energy
- Renewable Energy in Uttar Pradesh
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Geologists’ Examination 2012
Result Of the Written Part Announced
- Special Class Raiway Apprentices Examination 2013- Result of Written Examination Declared
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket falls to 101.07/US$ bbl on 22.5.2013
- Min of Urban Development
Delhi Metro Rail Corporation and KMRL sign MoU for implementing Kochi Metro
- Ministry of Water Resources
- India and Iraq Talks for MoU on Future Cooperation in the Area of Water Management
- Min of Youth Affairs & Sports
Message of Youth Affairs and Sports Minister to Arunima Sinha
- Planning Commission
Uttarakhand Plan for 2013-14 Finalized
Ministry of Defence23-November, 2011 14:04 IST
|Delay in Modernisation Programmeme of MDL|
|There have been initial delays in modernization, programmeme of Mazagon Docks Limited (MDL). However, the delay in Modernization Programmeme has not contributed directly to thedelayin ongoing warship construction projects.|
The major reasons for delay in implementing the modernization programmeme of MDL are-.
(i) MDL could not pursue creation of Modular Shop, Cradle Shop, Wet Basin and Stores primarily because of non-availability of land, want of permission from Mumbai Port-Trust and lack of adequate funds in the initial stage.
(ii) The Goliath Crane which was tendered out in June, 2005 and August, 2006 was re-tendered again for the third time in January, 2007 due to non-availability of qualified contractors who could meet the prequalification requirement. The contract was signed on 6th August, 2009.
(iii) The tender for the Wet Basin was issued in August, 2006. However, the single qualified bid could not be accepted due to high price. It was re-tendered again in June, 2007 and subsequently contract was placed only in August, 2008.
(iv) Building and ancillary works were tendered in December, 2006 but the single bid received did not meet the qualification criteria. Subsequently, it was re-tendered and the Letter of Acceptance was placed in June, 2009.
Stealth frigate (Project-17) and Destroyers (P-15A) projects are running behind schedule due to delay in supply of high quality steel for warships, delay in finalization and delivery of major weapons, sensors and propulsion system through indigenous/foreign sources. Two out of three Stealth frigates have been delivered and the third Stealth frigate is scheduled to be delivered in the current financial year. All efforts and remedial measures have been taken to expedite early delivery of system/equipment in respect of Destroyers (P-15A) projects.
There are no cost over runs due to delay in completion of projects and hence no loss to Government.
Construction projects at other Government Shipyards that are running behind schedule are :
(i) Hindustan Shipyard Ltd: Construction of 53K DWT Bulk Carrier, Inshore Patrol Vessels, Bollard Pull Tug are running behind schedule due to design issues, receipt of material and productivity on account of aging infrastructure.
(ii) Goa Shipyard Ltd: There is a delay in construction of Naval Offshore Patrol Vessels (NOPV) primarily due to failure on the part of nominated indigenous supplier to deliver the gearboxes. The gearboxes have been ordered from an OEM and the first gearbox is scheduled to be delivered by early December 2011, which will enable delivery of first NOPV by November, 2012 followed by balance three NOPVs at an interval of 6 months thereafter.
This information was given by Minister of State for Defence Shri MM PallamRaju in written reply to Shri PiyushGoyal in Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :77405)