English Release 16-September 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by Hon'ble President at the banquet
hosted by President of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam
Hanoi, 15 September 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- India-China ties from “Inch towards Miles”
- Steel and Mines PSUs donate Rs. 15 crore to PMNRF
- Min of Agriculture
- National Livestock Mission (NLM) to Ensure Quantitative and Qualitative Improvement in Livestock Production
- Min of Defence
- Round up at 1300 hrs --- Number of People Rescued Crosses 2,37,000 in J&K
- Min of Environment and Forests
Environmental norms to be made stringent and practical, stakeholders to be consulted: Shri Prakash Javadekar
- Making students aware of sustainable development is the real protection of environment: Shri Prakash Javadekar
- Biodiversity informatics vital for sustainable growth
- Ministry of Finance
India Signs Loan Agreement with ADB Worth $63.3 Million for Improving Urban Services and Strengthening Municipal and Project Management Capacity in Several Towns in North Karnataka
- Min of Home Affairs
- Sixth Meeting of SAARC Ministers / Secretaries of Interior / Home and SAARC Immigration Authorities
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- ACC Appointments
- ACC Appointments
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 95.50 per bbl on 15.09.2014
Ministry of Defence23-November, 2011 14:09 IST
|Manufacturing of Sukhoi-30 MKI by HAL|
|The Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) has started manufacturing of Sukhoi-30 MKI fighters in the country. The Inter-Governmental Agreement (IGA) was concluded on 4th October 2000, between the Governments of Russian Federation and Republic of India for transfer of License and Technical Documentation to India, for production of 140 SU-30 MKI Aircraft, its Engines and Aggregates. The Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) accorded its approval for the Project on 18/12/2000 and the Government sanction was issued in January 2001. As per the sanction, the production capacity envisaged was 12 aircraft per Year.|
The government has asked the HAL to speed up their manufacturing of Su-30 MKI fighters. As per the CCS sanction dated 18/12/2000, the project was to commence from the year 2004-05 and be completed by 2017-18. However, in June 2005, Air Headquarters requested HAL, to explore the feasibility of compressing the delivery programme by three years. Accordingly, HAL submitted a Proposal which envisaged compressed delivery of 140 aircraft within 2014-15. CCS accorded its approval for the compressed delivery programme on 31/03/2006. As per the revised sanction, the Production capacity envisaged Was 16 aircraft per Year.
Subsequent to CCS Sanctions, contracts were concluded with IAF for supply of 140 8U-30 MIG aircraft by 2014-15. Further contract for supply of additional 40 SU-30 MKI aircraft was concluded with IAF for completion within 2014-15, along with earlier order of 140 aircraft. Out of the total 180 aircraft, 99 aircraft have been delivered till 2010-11.
The steps taken by HAL for timely manufacturing of such fighters include:
• Commissioning of additional tooling jigs & fixtures in manufacturing and assembly Shops.
• Increased Outsourcing.
• Development of alternate vendors.
• Improvements in manufacturing processes & Operations in order to reduce cycle time.
• Effective monitoring and timely actions through Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
• Recruitment/Redeployment of manpower in critical work Centers.
This information was given by Minister of State for Defence Shri MM PallamRaju in written reply to Shri Nand Kumar Sai in Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :77406)