English Release 21-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Envoys of five nations present credentials to President of India
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Greets People on Deepawali
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM expresses joy on India being re-elected to UNHRC
- PM chairs meeting on urban development issues
- PM’s Telephone Conversation with Prime Minister of Malaysia
- PM to be in Srinagar on Diwali, 23rd October; will spend the day with flood-affected people
- PM salutes the bravery of our policemen on Police Commemoration Day
- PM greets the nation on Dhanteras
- Election Commission
- South Asian Election Commissioners Impressed by Counting Technology and Prompt Results Sharing of Experiences at South Asian Workshop
- Min of Agriculture
- National Seeds Corporation Hands Over Dividend Cheque to Union Agriculture Minister
- Radha Mohan Singh emphasizes the need to increase Productivity of Milch Cattle
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Indian Deegation to the ITU Conference Lead by Communications and Information Technology Minister Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad called for Democratisation of Global Affairs of Telecommunications and Internet Governance
- Min of Corporate Affairs
- Merger of National Spot Exchange Limited
- Google Case
- Min of Culture
- Union Minister of State for Culture and Tourism, Shri Shripad Naik launches the National Portal for Museums
- Min of Defence
- Navy Helicopter Airlifts Spares for 132 kv Transmission
Tower on Simhachalam Hill – Visakhapatnam
- Ministry of Finance
- Project Report on “DRISHTI” Submitted to Finance Minister
- Min of Food Processing Industries
- Minister of Food Processing Industries Reiterates the Need to Strengthen further Indo-French Cooperation in Agro-processing Sector.
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Dr Harsh Vardhan spells out Ebola action plan
- Min of Mines
- Mineral Production During August 2014
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- ACC Appointments
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Production Performance of Oil & Natural Gas Sector for the month of September, 2014
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 84.12 per bbl on 20.10.2014
- Min of Road Transport & Highways
- Electronic Toll Collection: A Uniform Standard of Service to Commuters
- Min of Science & Technology
- Dr. Jitendra Singh announces hike in fellowship amount to Research Scientists
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- India Won 2 Gold, 1silver & 3 Bronze at 2nd Asian Para Games 2014 on 20th October, 2014
- Min of Steel
- Ministry of Steel to set up “Steel Research & Technology Mission of India”
Ministry of Defence23-November, 2011 14:09 IST
|Manufacturing of Sukhoi-30 MKI by HAL|
|The Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) has started manufacturing of Sukhoi-30 MKI fighters in the country. The Inter-Governmental Agreement (IGA) was concluded on 4th October 2000, between the Governments of Russian Federation and Republic of India for transfer of License and Technical Documentation to India, for production of 140 SU-30 MKI Aircraft, its Engines and Aggregates. The Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) accorded its approval for the Project on 18/12/2000 and the Government sanction was issued in January 2001. As per the sanction, the production capacity envisaged was 12 aircraft per Year.|
The government has asked the HAL to speed up their manufacturing of Su-30 MKI fighters. As per the CCS sanction dated 18/12/2000, the project was to commence from the year 2004-05 and be completed by 2017-18. However, in June 2005, Air Headquarters requested HAL, to explore the feasibility of compressing the delivery programme by three years. Accordingly, HAL submitted a Proposal which envisaged compressed delivery of 140 aircraft within 2014-15. CCS accorded its approval for the compressed delivery programme on 31/03/2006. As per the revised sanction, the Production capacity envisaged Was 16 aircraft per Year.
Subsequent to CCS Sanctions, contracts were concluded with IAF for supply of 140 8U-30 MIG aircraft by 2014-15. Further contract for supply of additional 40 SU-30 MKI aircraft was concluded with IAF for completion within 2014-15, along with earlier order of 140 aircraft. Out of the total 180 aircraft, 99 aircraft have been delivered till 2010-11.
The steps taken by HAL for timely manufacturing of such fighters include:
• Commissioning of additional tooling jigs & fixtures in manufacturing and assembly Shops.
• Increased Outsourcing.
• Development of alternate vendors.
• Improvements in manufacturing processes & Operations in order to reduce cycle time.
• Effective monitoring and timely actions through Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
• Recruitment/Redeployment of manpower in critical work Centers.
This information was given by Minister of State for Defence Shri MM PallamRaju in written reply to Shri Nand Kumar Sai in Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :77406)