English Release 20-December 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- Prime Minister Congratulates Indian men and women Kabaddi teams for winning Kabaddi World Cups
- PM attends meeting of Somnath Trust
- Min of Home Affairs
- H.P. Chaudhary advises SSB to face challenges with commitment and confidence
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- Shri Arun Jaitley inaugurates Multimedia Exhibition on Former Prime Minister Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Min of Parliamentary Affairs
- Winter Session of Parliament enters final lap; Rajya Sabha still to decide on crucial Bills
Lok Sabha’s productivity rises to 105% while that of Rajya Sabha declines to 68%
Lok Sabha so far clears a record 17 Bills and Rajya Sabha only 11
Introduction of GST Bill in Lok Sabha, passing of labour reform Bills mark the high points of session
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Min of Road Transport & Highways
- Nitin Gadkari calls upon the Industry to invest in development of Inland Waterways
- Min of Urban Development
National Level City Stakeholder Consultation held to finalize guidelines for HRIDAY Scheme; Shri Venkaiah Naidu emphasizes that the future development of any city must take into consideration its nature, history, and culture
LED based energy efficient smartstreet lights launched in Delhi by the Union Urban Development Minister Shri M.Venkaiah Naidu; Says that the Government is committed to work for development and betterment of the masses
Ministry of Defence23-November, 2011 14:09 IST
|Manufacturing of Sukhoi-30 MKI by HAL|
|The Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) has started manufacturing of Sukhoi-30 MKI fighters in the country. The Inter-Governmental Agreement (IGA) was concluded on 4th October 2000, between the Governments of Russian Federation and Republic of India for transfer of License and Technical Documentation to India, for production of 140 SU-30 MKI Aircraft, its Engines and Aggregates. The Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) accorded its approval for the Project on 18/12/2000 and the Government sanction was issued in January 2001. As per the sanction, the production capacity envisaged was 12 aircraft per Year.|
The government has asked the HAL to speed up their manufacturing of Su-30 MKI fighters. As per the CCS sanction dated 18/12/2000, the project was to commence from the year 2004-05 and be completed by 2017-18. However, in June 2005, Air Headquarters requested HAL, to explore the feasibility of compressing the delivery programme by three years. Accordingly, HAL submitted a Proposal which envisaged compressed delivery of 140 aircraft within 2014-15. CCS accorded its approval for the compressed delivery programme on 31/03/2006. As per the revised sanction, the Production capacity envisaged Was 16 aircraft per Year.
Subsequent to CCS Sanctions, contracts were concluded with IAF for supply of 140 8U-30 MIG aircraft by 2014-15. Further contract for supply of additional 40 SU-30 MKI aircraft was concluded with IAF for completion within 2014-15, along with earlier order of 140 aircraft. Out of the total 180 aircraft, 99 aircraft have been delivered till 2010-11.
The steps taken by HAL for timely manufacturing of such fighters include:
• Commissioning of additional tooling jigs & fixtures in manufacturing and assembly Shops.
• Increased Outsourcing.
• Development of alternate vendors.
• Improvements in manufacturing processes & Operations in order to reduce cycle time.
• Effective monitoring and timely actions through Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
• Recruitment/Redeployment of manpower in critical work Centers.
This information was given by Minister of State for Defence Shri MM PallamRaju in written reply to Shri Nand Kumar Sai in Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :77406)