English Release 27-January 2015
- President's Secretariat
- President of India condoles the passing away of RK Laxman
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM and President Obama to share their thoughts together on Mann ki Baat today
- Min of Agriculture
- Concerted Efforts Needed to Produce Clean Spices at Competitive Prices says Radha Mohan Singh
- Min of Chemicals and Fertilizers
- Data about the supply and availability of Urea in the country
- Min of Culture
- Union Minister of Culture and Tourism condoles the passing away of eminent cartoonist R.K. Laxman
- Ministry of Finance
- FM: Investors Showing Huge Curiosity and Interest in India; We Can’t Afford to Miss this Opportunity; Ordinarily Everything is Going in our Favour Including Better Growth Prospects, Good Reserves, Fiscal Deficit and Cad Under Control; Calls for Non Adversarial Tax Administration
- Min of Mines
- Mineral Production during November 2014
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 45.17 per bbl on 26.01.2015
- Min of Urban Development
- US and India to formulate smart city action plans in three months
Ministry of Defence23-November, 2011 14:14 IST
|Permanent Commission to Women Officers|
|Armed Forces were requested to prepare a comprehensive coherent policy paper on induction of Women, which has been submitted to the Ministry in August 2011. The policy paper has been considered by the Ministry keeping in view the role and responsibility of the Armed Forces in defending the nation and protecting the territorial integrity of the-country. Based thereon, a Government letter has been issued on 11th November, 2011 inter-alia laying down policy on induction and employment of women in Armed Forces as under: |
(i) Women Officers may continue to be inducted as Short Service Commission Officers' (SSCOs) in Branches/Cadres where they are being inducted presently in the three Service's;
(ii) Women SSCOs will be eligible for consideration for grant of permanent commission along with Men SSCOs in specific Branches in the three Services viz. Judge Advocate General (JAG) and Army Education Corps (AEC) of Army and their corresponding branches in Navy and Air Force; Naval constructor in Navy and Accounts branch in Air Force, as specified in Ministry's letter No:12(i)/2004-D(AG)Pt.Il, dated 26th Septembet,2008;'
(iii) In addition to the above, in the Air Force, women SSCOs will be eligible alongwith men SSCOs, for consideration for grant of permanent commission in Technical, Administration, Logistics and Meteorology Branches.
The grant of permanent commission will be subject to willingness of the candidate and service specific requirements, availability of vacancies, suitability, merit of the candidate as decided by each Service.
This information was given by Defence Minister Shri AK Antony in written reply to Shri Balwinder Singh Bhunder in Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :77410)