English Release 2-September 2014
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Inaugurates 89th Foundation Course at Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration in Mussoorie
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s remarks at the Indian Community Reception in Tokyo
Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s remarks after inaugurating the TCS Japan Technology and Culture Academy
- Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s keynote address at welcome reception hosted by Japan-India Association and Japan-India Parliamentary Friendship League
- PM inaugurates Vivekananda Cultural Centre at Indian Embassy in Tokyo
- PM’s remarks at the Indian Community Reception in Tokyo
- PM's keynote address at welcome reception hosted by Japan-India Association and Japan-India Parliamentary Friendship League
- Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s keynote address at event organized by Nikkei Inc. and Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO)
- PM's keynote address at event organized by Nikkei Inc. and Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO)
- Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s special lecture at the University of the Sacred Heart, Tokyo
- PM’s remarks after inaugurating the TCS Japan Technology and Culture Academy
- PM's special lecture at the University of the Sacred Heart, Tokyo
- Min of Agriculture
- Government puts Agriculture Sector on Fast Track
- Min of Defence
- Fast Patrol Vessel ICGS Abhiraj Commissioned at Tuticorin
- Min of Environment and Forests
- Initiatives of the Ministry of Environment, Forests & Climate Change
- Ministry of Finance
- A High Level Committee Constituted for Considering the Proposals for Assessment of Income arising or accruing before 1st April, 2012 on Account of Retrospective Amendments to the Provisions Related to Indirect Transfer
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Revised strategy for Kala Azar eradication launched
- Min of Home Affairs
- MHA Asks Manipur Govt to Take Preventive Steps in view of UNC Blockade
- Union Home Minister asks Kerala CM to take Strict action against Political Killings
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- I&B Ministry initiatives to enhance Outreach and information dissemination through multiple platforms
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Petroleum Minister emphasizes on adopting energy efficient techniques for better development of the nation
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 101.29 per bbl on 01.09.2014
- Min of Power
- Landmark Initiatives for Energy Efficiency Launched
- Min of Rural Development
- Sweeping changes made in MGNREGA by Nitin Gadkari
- Min of Science & Technology
- Atomic Energy Regulatory Board (AERB) Releases the Annual Report for the Year 2013-14
- MoU Signed between National Cancer Institute, AIIMS, Jhajjar Campus and DBT, GOI
- Dr Jitendra Singh Announces DBT Collaboration in Establishing A “National Cancer Institute” at Jhajjar, Haryana.
- Min of Tribal Affairs
- “Single Window System” for Obtaining Market Information on Minor Forest Produces Through Toll Free Number 1800 180 1551
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare29-November, 2011 17:14 IST
|Doctor-Patient Ratio in the Country|
| As per information furnished by Medical Council of India (MCI), the total number of doctors registered (allopathic) in the country till 31st July, 2011, is 8,56,065 out of which approximately six lac are presently active practitioners. The current doctor-population ratio has been worked out to be approximately 1:2000. |
A large number of steps have been taken to address shortage of doctors, specialists and faculty in the country:
1. The norms for setting up of a medical college in terms of requirement for land, faculty, staff, bed/ bed strength and other infrastructure have been relaxed.
2. Teacher-student ratio has been relaxed to increase the seats at Postgraduate level.
3. DNB qualifications have been recognized for appointment to various faculty posts in medical colleges.
4. Maximum intake capacity at MBBS level has been increased from 150 to 250.
5. Maximum age for appointment of faculty has been enhanced from 65 to 70 years.
6. 46 new medical colleges have been set up between 2009-11.
7. Under the scheme of `Strengthening and Upgradation of State Government Medical Colleges`, financial support to State medical colleges is being provided to increase postgraduate seats in various disciplines or start new postgraduate medical courses.
This information was laid by Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare Shri Ghulam Nabi Azad in Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :77859)