English Release 10-March 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President of India to present standard to 112 HU and colours to 4 BRD of Indian Air Force tomorrow
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Releases Book “Sunrise in Slums”
- Election Commission
- Fact Sheet on Nagaland
- Fact Sheet on Meghalaya
- Voter turnout in General Elections 2009: Lowest in J&K and Highest in Nagaland
- Fact Sheet on Manipur
- Min of Culture
- Festival of India in Vietnam
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket increases to 105.81 per bbl on 07.3.2014
Ministry of Defence07-December, 2011 17:06 IST
|Deals for Acquisition of C-130 J Super Hercules |
|Government has not inked any follow-on deal for acquiring nine additional C-130J Super Hercules military transport aircraft with the US. However, a Letter of Request (LoR) has been issued to the U.S. Government for the procurement of the additional aircraft. Besides, proposal for the procurement of 75 Basic Trainer Aircrafts (BTA) is being progressed. No Contract has been signed so far. |
The cost of the procurements will be known once the Contracts are finalised and signed.
Capability building of the Indian Air Force (IAF) is undertaken on a continuous basis to meet the security challenges facing the country.
This information was given by Defence Minister Shri AK Antony in a written reply to Shri Ranjitsinh Vijaysinh Mohite-Patil in Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :78237)