English Release 12-December 2013
- Min of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution
- National Consumer Helpline Records 6604 Calls in November, 2013
- Min of Earth Science
- Global Warming
- Weather Forecast
- Ministry of Finance
- DRI Asked to Focus on Better Trade Facilitation, Use of Latest Technology and Sharing of Information with Other Intelligence Agencies for Achieving Optimal Results
- Min of Home Affairs
- Shri T.K.Vinod Kumar Assigned Additional Charge of Director NPA
- Min of New and Renewable Energy
- Alternative Energy Sources
- Solar Power Stations in Bihar
- Generation of New and Renewable Energy
- Electricity Generation from Solar and Other Renewable Projects
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket increases marginally to US$ 107.75/bbl on 11.12.2013
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Withdrawal of Fresh Water
- DDP and DPAP Areas
- Incentives for Groundwater Conservation
- Roof Top Rain Water Harvesting
- Judicious Use of Water
Ministry of Textiles07-December, 2011 20:45 IST
|Grant of subsidy to Jute Corporation of India to maintain its infrastructure for MSP (Minimum Support Price) operations|
|The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs today approved the following:|
(a) To provide subsidy to Jute Corporation of India on continuous basis to off-set the losses on account of MSP operations. The quantum of subsidy will include the difference between the expenditure incurred on MSP raw jute upto the point of sale and sale price of MSP raw jute. The reimbursement of fixed overhead cost would be maintained at a level of Rs.55 crore from the jute year 2011-12. It will be granted every year as preparedness expenses for conducting MSP operation, therefore, to be paid even for those years when there is no MSP operation.
(b) To regularise the subsidy given to Jute Corporation of India during 2009-10 and 2010-11 (Rs.36.59 crore and Rs.30crore respectively) and release the balance amount due for 2010-11 (Rs.6.59 crore) to make it at the same level as that of the previous years.
(c) To provide one-time government guarantee upto Rs.150 crore along with accrued interest, as applicable, for 10 years with effect from the financial year 2011-12 to public sector banks for availing of working capital loan facility as and when required by the Jute Corporation of India Ltd. for conducting the MSP operations.
This decision will provide financial support to Jute Corporation of India to protect the interest of the jute growers through procurement of raw jute under the MSP fixed by the Government of India and also to stabilize the raw jute market for the benefit of the 40 lakh farm families and the jute economy as a whole.
(Release ID :78273)