English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi’s address at the ceremony held to rededicate, Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, in Mumbai
- PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Press Note
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh says Indian bureaucrats need constant re-orientation as they face new challenges every day
Ministry of Textiles07-December, 2011 20:45 IST
|Grant of subsidy to Jute Corporation of India to maintain its infrastructure for MSP (Minimum Support Price) operations|
|The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs today approved the following:|
(a) To provide subsidy to Jute Corporation of India on continuous basis to off-set the losses on account of MSP operations. The quantum of subsidy will include the difference between the expenditure incurred on MSP raw jute upto the point of sale and sale price of MSP raw jute. The reimbursement of fixed overhead cost would be maintained at a level of Rs.55 crore from the jute year 2011-12. It will be granted every year as preparedness expenses for conducting MSP operation, therefore, to be paid even for those years when there is no MSP operation.
(b) To regularise the subsidy given to Jute Corporation of India during 2009-10 and 2010-11 (Rs.36.59 crore and Rs.30crore respectively) and release the balance amount due for 2010-11 (Rs.6.59 crore) to make it at the same level as that of the previous years.
(c) To provide one-time government guarantee upto Rs.150 crore along with accrued interest, as applicable, for 10 years with effect from the financial year 2011-12 to public sector banks for availing of working capital loan facility as and when required by the Jute Corporation of India Ltd. for conducting the MSP operations.
This decision will provide financial support to Jute Corporation of India to protect the interest of the jute growers through procurement of raw jute under the MSP fixed by the Government of India and also to stabilize the raw jute market for the benefit of the 40 lakh farm families and the jute economy as a whole.
(Release ID :78273)