English Release 30-January 2015
- President's Secretariat
- President of India meets personnel of the tri service band contingents and provost outriders of the three services
- Vice President's Secretariat
- NSS CONTINGENT VOLUNTEERS CALL ON VICE PRESIDENT
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM interacts with differently-abled children at Gandhi Smriti
- PM's Twitter Address to the 18th National Conference on e-Governance
- PM pays homage to Mahatma Gandhi and all the Martyrs who laid their lives for the Nation, On Martyrs' Day
- Min of Agriculture
- Area Coverage under Rabi Crops
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
Commemorative Postage Stamp on Swachh Bharat
- NIA Amendment on Spectrum Auction
- Min of Defence
- More Autonomy to be Given in Decision Making to DPSUs and OFBs for Better Performance: Parrikar
- Ministry of Finance
- Disinvestment of Coal India Ltd (CIL) Through OFS Successfully Completed; Rs 22557.63 Crore Accrued to the Government from this Disinvestment Process; This is the Largest Ever Disinvestment Among Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSES)
- Change in Tariff Value of Crude Palm Oil, RBD Palm Oil, Others – Palm Oil, Crude Palmolein, RBD Palmolein, Others – Palmolein, Crude Soyabean Oil, Brass Scrap (All Grades), Poppy Seeds, Areca Nuts, Gold And Silver Notified
- Gold award for the Income Tax Department under National Award on E-Governance 2014-15
- Amended Exchange Rates of Foreign Currency Notified
- Min of Home Affairs
- Rajnath Singh approves rehabilitation of flood victims and the restoration of public infrastructure in Jammu & Kashmir
- Union Home Minister chairs High Level Committee meeting for Central assistance to states affected by natural disasters
- Min of Micro,Small & Medium Enterprises
- Review Meeting of Pmegp for North Eastern States Held Under The Charimanship of Shri Kalraj Mishra
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- ACC Appointment
- Chief Minister of Gujarat inaugurates 18th National Conference on e-Governance
- ACC Appointments
- Central Armed Police Forces
(Assistant Commandants) Exam, 2014
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 46.28 per bbl on 29.01.2015
- Ministry of Railways
- Two Day National Technical Seminar on Railway Track Issues Concludes
Need to Benchmark the Best Engineering Pracatices of India and Abroad: Suresh Prabhu
- Suresh Prabhu Flags off Trains Remotely Through Telepresence Service of Railtel, A Railway’s PSU
- Min of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
- Strategic partnerships is a big step to scale skilling initiatives in India: Shri Rajiv Pratap Rudy
- Min of Statistics & Programme Implementation
- New Series Estimates of National Income,
Consumption Expenditure, Saving and Capital Formation
(Base Year 2011-12)
- Min of Urban Development
- Shri M.Venkaiah Naidu plainly asks states ‘are you ready for smart cities?’
Says it is a daunting a task but doable; seeks to motivate states
- NITI Aayog
- Dr VK Saraswat Assumes Charge as Member of NITI Aayog
Other Cabinet Committees27-January, 2012 19:07 IST
|Aadhaar enrolments beyond 20 crore|
|The Cabinet Committee on Unique Identification Authority of India related issues (CC-UIDA1) today, after detailed deliberations and taking note that the purposes of UIDAI and NPR are different, agreed that the NPR and UIDAI enrolments should proceed simultaneously, with suitable provisions to eliminate avoidable overlap. The Committee approved the following modalities for the roll out of Aadhaar and NPR:|
a. UIDAI will be allowed to enrol additional 40 crore residents beyond 20 crore already recommended by the EFC.
b. In States, where UIDAI has made good progress where State/UT Governments have given commitments for Aadhaar enrolments and are planning to integrate Aadhaar with various service delivery applications, Aadhaar enrolments through Non-RGI Registrars will move at full speed within the ceiling of 60 crore (20 crore + 40 crore). A suggested list of States/UTs was also approved.
c. The NPR enrolment will continue as envisaged, but if in the course of enrolment, a person indicates he/she is already enrolled for Aadhaar, the biometric data will not be captured by NPR. Instead the Aadhaar number/enrolment number will be recorded in NPR and the biometric data will be sourced from the UIDAI.
d. Detailed protocols will be worked out by Inter Ministerial co-ordination Committee (IMCC) already constituted by the Ministry of Home Affairs so as to smoothly implement this simultaneous effort.
The financial proposal relating to Aadhaar enrolments of additional 40 crore will be separately placed before the EFC. Pending this approval, UIDAI is allowed to continue Aadhaar enrolment beyond 20 crore so that the momentum of the field formations is not lost. Provision will be made in the budget for 2012-13 in anticipation thereof.
The additional cost for enrolment and logistics pertaining to printing and delivery of Aadhaar letters in respect of the 40 crore additional enrolments will be brought before the EFC for their recommendation and to the CC-UIDAI for approval.
The UID project is primarily aimed at ensuring inclusive growth by providing a form of identity to those who do not have any identity. It seeks to provide UID numbers to the marginalized sections of society and thus would strengthen equity. Apart from providing identity, the UID will enable better delivery of services and effective governance.
The modalities and detailed protocol for smooth implementation of simultaneous enrolment by the Non-RGI Registry of UIDAI and the RGI will be finalized by the IMCC within the overall directions given by the CC-UIDAI. The enrolment through Non-RGI Registrars of UIDAI will be for an additional 40 crore population.
The Unique Identification Authority' of India (UIDAI) was established in 2009 and has been mandated to issue Unique Identification (UTD) numbers to the residents of India. It may be recalled that UIDAI was constituted by the Government of India in January, 2009 as an attached office of the Planning Commission. Prime Minister's Council of UID Authority was constituted on 30th July, 2009 and its first meeting was held on 12th August, 2009. Subsequently, the Government constituted a Cabinet Committee on Unique Identification Authority' of India related issues (CC-UIDAI) in October, 2009 to look into all issues relating to UIDAI including its organization, plans, policies, programmes, schemes, funding and methodology to be adopted for achieving the objectives of the Authority. Consequent upon the creation and establishment of the Unique Identification Authority of India in 2009 for providing unique identification to the residents across the country, an estimated 17 crore enrolments have been completed by the various Registrars of UIDAI and as on 20.1.2012, 11.90 crore Aadhaar numbers generated.
(Release ID :79925)