English Release 23-August 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President Inaugurates 6th Edition of KKM Memorial Gold Cup - Rural Football Tournament
- President Underlines Importance of Quality Education
- President of India Condoles The Passing Away of U R Ananthamurthy
- President calls upon IITs to play a pivotal role in developing newer cutting edge technologies
- Prime Minister's Office
- Gujarat CM calls on PM
- PM condoles loss of life in floods in the states of Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and Assam
- PM meets youth of Gujjar-Bakkarwal communities from Jammu and Kashmir
- Prime Minister receives Tamil National Alliance delegation
- Min of Agriculture
- Union Agriculture Minister lays Foundation Stone for Saffron Park Project at Pampore, Pulwama
- Min of Defence
- First Indigenously Built Stealth Anti-Submarine Warfare Ship- INS Kamorta- Commissioned
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- All systems in AIIMS under review: Dr Harsh Vardhan
- Min of Human Resource Development
- India-South Australia Collaboration in Education and Vocational Training Sector
- Min of Social Justice & Empowerment
- States should emphasise on Empowerment and Inclusion of the Disabled, says Minister of Social Justice & Empowerment
- Min of Steel
- Shri Narendra Singh Tomar inaugurates “Heat Hardening Pelletisation Unit” at SAIL, Ranchi
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Brahmaputra in High Flood Situation
- Ghagra Continues to Flow in High Flood Situation
Other Cabinet Committees27-January, 2012 19:07 IST
|Aadhaar enrolments beyond 20 crore|
|The Cabinet Committee on Unique Identification Authority of India related issues (CC-UIDA1) today, after detailed deliberations and taking note that the purposes of UIDAI and NPR are different, agreed that the NPR and UIDAI enrolments should proceed simultaneously, with suitable provisions to eliminate avoidable overlap. The Committee approved the following modalities for the roll out of Aadhaar and NPR:|
a. UIDAI will be allowed to enrol additional 40 crore residents beyond 20 crore already recommended by the EFC.
b. In States, where UIDAI has made good progress where State/UT Governments have given commitments for Aadhaar enrolments and are planning to integrate Aadhaar with various service delivery applications, Aadhaar enrolments through Non-RGI Registrars will move at full speed within the ceiling of 60 crore (20 crore + 40 crore). A suggested list of States/UTs was also approved.
c. The NPR enrolment will continue as envisaged, but if in the course of enrolment, a person indicates he/she is already enrolled for Aadhaar, the biometric data will not be captured by NPR. Instead the Aadhaar number/enrolment number will be recorded in NPR and the biometric data will be sourced from the UIDAI.
d. Detailed protocols will be worked out by Inter Ministerial co-ordination Committee (IMCC) already constituted by the Ministry of Home Affairs so as to smoothly implement this simultaneous effort.
The financial proposal relating to Aadhaar enrolments of additional 40 crore will be separately placed before the EFC. Pending this approval, UIDAI is allowed to continue Aadhaar enrolment beyond 20 crore so that the momentum of the field formations is not lost. Provision will be made in the budget for 2012-13 in anticipation thereof.
The additional cost for enrolment and logistics pertaining to printing and delivery of Aadhaar letters in respect of the 40 crore additional enrolments will be brought before the EFC for their recommendation and to the CC-UIDAI for approval.
The UID project is primarily aimed at ensuring inclusive growth by providing a form of identity to those who do not have any identity. It seeks to provide UID numbers to the marginalized sections of society and thus would strengthen equity. Apart from providing identity, the UID will enable better delivery of services and effective governance.
The modalities and detailed protocol for smooth implementation of simultaneous enrolment by the Non-RGI Registry of UIDAI and the RGI will be finalized by the IMCC within the overall directions given by the CC-UIDAI. The enrolment through Non-RGI Registrars of UIDAI will be for an additional 40 crore population.
The Unique Identification Authority' of India (UIDAI) was established in 2009 and has been mandated to issue Unique Identification (UTD) numbers to the residents of India. It may be recalled that UIDAI was constituted by the Government of India in January, 2009 as an attached office of the Planning Commission. Prime Minister's Council of UID Authority was constituted on 30th July, 2009 and its first meeting was held on 12th August, 2009. Subsequently, the Government constituted a Cabinet Committee on Unique Identification Authority' of India related issues (CC-UIDAI) in October, 2009 to look into all issues relating to UIDAI including its organization, plans, policies, programmes, schemes, funding and methodology to be adopted for achieving the objectives of the Authority. Consequent upon the creation and establishment of the Unique Identification Authority of India in 2009 for providing unique identification to the residents across the country, an estimated 17 crore enrolments have been completed by the various Registrars of UIDAI and as on 20.1.2012, 11.90 crore Aadhaar numbers generated.
(Release ID :79925)