English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi’s address at the ceremony held to rededicate, Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, in Mumbai
- PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Press Note
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh says Indian bureaucrats need constant re-orientation as they face new challenges every day
Cabinet09-February, 2012 12:19 IST
|National Centre for Cold Chain Development|
| The Union Cabinet today gave its ex-post facto approval for registering National Centre for Cold Chain Development (NCCD) as a society under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 with its Memorandum of Association and Rules and Regulations.
All stakeholders will be having membership in the society in a Public Private Partnership (PPP) mode. The NCCD will be having a Governing Council under the Chairmanship of Secretary with 22 members, covering government officials, Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI), growers, cold chain equipment manufacturers/supplies etc.
A sum of Rs.25 crore has been allocated as one time grant for setting up a corpus fund for NCCD.
With a production of 71.5 million MT of fruits, 133.7 million MT of vegetables and 17.8 million MT of other commodities like flowers, spices, coconut, cashew, mushroom, honey etc., India is the second largest producer of horticultural commodities in the world. However, a significant portion of the produce, particularly perishables like fruits, vegetables, flowers etc. goes waste due to post harvest losses.
In order to address this issue the Task Force on Cold Chain Development was constituted by Government of India during 2008. The Task Force, in its report, recommended the formation of a dedicated institution for promoting cold chain development in the country. The National Spot Exchange (NSE), in its study on Cold Chain Grid in India (2010) also recommended the need for a robust cold chain infrastructure for reducing the post harvest losses of perishables.
(Release ID :80194)