English Release 17-September 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- Chinese President and First Lady visit Sabarmati Riverfront, accompanied by the PM
PM and Chinese President visit Sabarmati Ashram.
- PM and Chinese President Xi Jinping witness signing of 3 MoUs in Ahmedabad
- PM launches Swavlamban Abhiyaan - new pro-poor initiatives of the Gujarat Government
- Min of Agriculture
- Finance to 5 Lakh Joint Farming Groups of “Bhoomi Heen Kisan” through Nabard in the Current Financial Year
- Min of Commerce & Industry
Deputy USTR Meets Commerce Secretary
- India to be Partner Country in Hannover Messe Fair During April 2015
- Gilead Briefs Nirmala Sitharaman about their Licensing Agreements with Seven India-Based Generic Pharmaceutical Manufacturers
- Min of Defence
- Operation Megh Rahat : 17 sep 14
Restoration of connectivity
- Opening Ceremony : Exercise Yudh Abhyas 2014
- Ministry of Finance
- Bank of Maharashtra Celebrates its 80th Foundation Day; Crosses the Business Level of Rs 2 Lakh Crores
- CMD, IFCI Ltd. Presents A Dividend Cheque of Rs. 92.30 Crore to the Union Finance Minister
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Medical Relief Operation Stepped up in J&K
- Min of Home Affairs
- A delegation of Unified Naga Council calls on the Union Home Minister
- Union Minister for Surface Transport & Highways and Shipping Calls on Union Home Minister
- Uttarakhand Minister calls on Union Home Minister
- Union Home Minister to attend Sixth Meeting of SAARC Ministers of Interior / Home at Kathmandu
- Min of Labour & Employment
- Shri Narendra Singh Tomar presents Vishwakarma and Safety Awards
- Min of Micro,Small & Medium Enterprises
- Govt Lobbying Hard for Base Rate Interest Regime for MSME : Kalraj Mishra
- Min of Minority Affairs
- Dr.Najma Heptulla Announces Rs.120 Crore Relief and Rehabilitation Package for J&K Flood Victims
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas takes several measures to ensure availability of essential petroleum products in the aftermath of floods in the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Daily Crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 95.92/bbl on 16.09.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- Commodity-Wise Freight Revenue Earnings of Railways Goes Up by 16.70 Per Cent in August 2014 & 10.67 Per Cent During April-August 2014
- Min of Textiles
- Textiles Minister Honours 54 Women Achievers in Sericulture
- Min of Women and Child Development
- Press Note of Union Ministry of Women & Child Development
Ministry of Home Affairs15-February, 2012 16:35 IST
|Disaster Management needs Fail-proof Communication System: NDMA Vice Chairman, |
Disaster Management Guidelines for Information and Communication System released
|National Disaster Management Guidelines for Information and Communication System (NDMICS) prepared by National Disaster Management authority (NDMA) were released in New Delhi today. Speaking at the occasion, Shri M. Shashidhar Reddy, Vice Chairman, NDMA stressed that the holistic approach for Disaster Management calls for a dedicated fail-proof communication system to ensure seamless flow of value-added information products on GIS platform not only in the response phase but also for prevention, preparedness, mitigation and recovery, besides capacity building programmes. Shri Reddy informed that to achieve this, it is contemplated to establish National Disaster Management Information System (NDMIS) at the central level (with a disaster recovery system at a safe location) that would be coupled to a dedicated and fail-safe National Disaster Communication Network (NDCN) with particular emphasis on last-mile connectivity. |
NDCN will be network of networks by leveraging existing communication networks to provide connectivity to various Emergency Operation Centres at National, State and District levels. NDCN will provide assured multi services such as audio, video, data and knowledge based information to meet the requirement of various stakeholders for proactive and holistic management of disaster during all phases of disaster management. NDCN will establish separate satellite link network for providing fail-safe communication during disaster. Estimated cost involved in this project is Rs 943 Cr and is now being examined by MHA.
Shri Reddy also informed that NDMA is preparing guidelines for Reserve Bank of India for bank financing in infrastructure sector which would also include the Communication sector. This will ensure disaster resistant design criteria in all the infrastructure projects and will go long way in maintaining better communication connectivity.
Union Minister of State for Communication and Information Technology Shri Sachin Pilot released the National Guidelines on National Disaster Management Information and Communication System (NDMICS) prepared by NDMA.
In his address Shri Pilot commended the efforts of NDMA in bringing forward these guidelines. Shri Pilot emphasized the need for implementation of these guidelines and said that it must reach to the last connected people in the country in their local language. He further expressed that the whole process of disaster management should be all inclusive and comprehensive in nature. “India needs to be more prepared in tackling the outcomes of both natural and man-made disasters”, for this he appreciated the efforts of NDMA for holding mock drills and said that we need more and more mock drills for better preparedness and awareness. “Mock Drills should be a part of our routine”, he said.
Shri B Bhattacharjee, Member NDMA, under whose stewardship these guidelines have been prepared, made a detailed presentation explaining the salient features of the Guidelines.
The Disaster Management Act, 2005 mandates the NDMA for preparing the guidelines on various issues. NDMA has so far prepared 16 guidelines on various disaster specific subjects and cross cutting issues. Every Ministry and Departments of the Government of India and State Governments need to prepare their disaster management plans. NDMA has also funded the States to prepare State Disaster Management Plans. Based on the guidelines, released by the NDMA which have been prepared with a participatory approach including all the Stakeholders, the National and State Plans should be prepared expeditiously.
(Release ID :80334)