English Release 22-September 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President of India presented prizes and trophies to the winners of Rashtrapati Bhavan Football Tournament
- Writers and Artists ‘In-Residence’ call on the President
- President of India’s message on the eve of National Day of Saudi Arabia
- Prime Minister's Office
- Punjab CM calls on PM
- Election Commission
- General Election to Legislative Assemblies of Haryana & Maharashtra 2014 - Allotment of Broadcast/Telecast time to Political Parties – regarding
- Min of Agriculture
- Kharif Sowing Crosses 1015 Lakh Hectare Mark
- Min of Defence
- IAF Celbrates Commemoration of 50 Years as Part of
1965 Indo-Pak War
- BRO Annual Chief Engineers’ Conference 2014 : A Curtain Raiser
- Ministry of Finance
No Need to Open Another Bank Account to Avail of Benefits Under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY);
- Auction for Sale (Re-Issue) of Government Stocks
- Text of the Intervention Made by the Minister of State of Finance in the G20 Finance Minister’s Meeting on International Tax; Calls for Implementation of the New Global Standards on Automatic Exchange of Information with A Common Timeline and with Coverage of as Many Countries as Possible
- Min of Food Processing Industries
- New Initiatives/ Developments of Ministry of Food Processing Industries
- Min of Home Affairs
- Security is the first and foremost requirement for development; says Union Home Minister
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 95.35 per bbl on 19.09.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- Indira Gandhi Rajbhasha Award to Ministry of Railways
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- Sonowal Inaugurates National Academy for Athletics and National Golf Academy at Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
- Minister of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs & Sports Sarbananda Sonowal congratulates Indian Medal Winners at Asian Games 2014
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Beki Flowing above Danger Mark in Assam
- Min of Women and Child Development
- A Two-Day Consultation by M/o Women & Child Development on National Nutrition Mission begins in New Delhi
Ministry of Labour & Employment21-March, 2012 16:58 IST
|Implementation of Unorganized Sectorworkers' Social Security Act, 2008|
|The Union Labour & Employment Minister Shri Mallikarjun Kharge has informed the Rajya Sabha that recognizing the need to provide social security to unorganised workers, the Government has enacted the Unorganised Workers’ Social Security Act 2008. The Act provides for constitution of National Social Security Board at the Central level which shall recommend formulation of social security schemes viz life and disability cover, health and maternity benefits, old age protection and any other benefit as may be determined by the Government for unorganized workers. As a follow up to the implementation of the Act, the National Social Security Board was set up on 18.08.2009, and it has since held five meetings recommending extension of coverage of social security schemes viz Janshree Bima Yojana, Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana, Old Age Pension to certain category of unorganized workers. |
The Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) was launched on 01.10.2007 to provide smart card based cashless health insurance cover of Rs. 30000 to BPL families ( a unit of five) in the unorganized sector. More than 2.79 crore BPL families have been covered as on 29.02.2012.
The Government has launched the Aam Admi Bima Yojana (AABY) to provide insurance against death and disability to landless rural households. More than 1.98 crore lives have been covered under AABY as on 29.02.2012.
Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension scheme (IGNOAPS) was expanded by revising the eligibility criteria. The persons living below poverty line and above the age of 60 years are eligible for old age pension of Rs. 200 per month. For persons above the age of 80 years, the amount of pension has been raised to Rs. 500 per month. More than 1.90 crore beneficiaries have been covered under IGNOAPS as on 29.02.2012.
Similar Social Security Board shall be constituted at the State Level also. As per available information, States of Karnataka, West Bengal, Chhasttisgarh and Assam have constituted State Social Security Board and framed Rules under the Unorganised Workers’ Social Security Act, 2008. State of Gujarat, Orissa, Kerala and Tripura have framed rules only.
State of Tamilnadu has, however, informed that there is no requirement of constitution of State Social Security Board in the State as it is already implementing various welfare schemes for unorganized workers.
The Minister was replying to a written question about the status of the implementation of the Unorganized Sector Workers' Social Security Act, 2008 in terms of coverage of the sections of workers and number of workers; the State-wise details thereof; and the difficulties in implementing the Act?
(Release ID :81374)