English Release 20-December 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- Prime Minister Congratulates Indian men and women Kabaddi teams for winning Kabaddi World Cups
- PM attends meeting of Somnath Trust
- Min of Home Affairs
- H.P. Chaudhary advises SSB to face challenges with commitment and confidence
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- Shri Arun Jaitley inaugurates Multimedia Exhibition on Former Prime Minister Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Min of Parliamentary Affairs
- Winter Session of Parliament enters final lap; Rajya Sabha still to decide on crucial Bills
Lok Sabha’s productivity rises to 105% while that of Rajya Sabha declines to 68%
Lok Sabha so far clears a record 17 Bills and Rajya Sabha only 11
Introduction of GST Bill in Lok Sabha, passing of labour reform Bills mark the high points of session
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Min of Road Transport & Highways
- Nitin Gadkari calls upon the Industry to invest in development of Inland Waterways
- Min of Urban Development
National Level City Stakeholder Consultation held to finalize guidelines for HRIDAY Scheme; Shri Venkaiah Naidu emphasizes that the future development of any city must take into consideration its nature, history, and culture
LED based energy efficient smartstreet lights launched in Delhi by the Union Urban Development Minister Shri M.Venkaiah Naidu; Says that the Government is committed to work for development and betterment of the masses
Cabinet Committee on Infrastructure23-March, 2012 20:13 IST
|Four laning of Ghaghar Bridge (Indo Nepal Border) – Varanasi section on NH 233 in Uttar Pradesh|
|The Cabinet Committee on Infrastructure today approved the investment proposal for the implementation of the project for the development of four laning of Ghaghar Bridge (Indo Nepal Border) - Varanasi section of NH 233 in Uttar Pradesh under NHDP Phase IV on DBFOT basis in BOT (Toll ) mode of delivery. |
The cost of the project will be Rs.1895.95 crore out which Rs.388.12 crore will be towards land acquisition, rehabilitation, resettlement and pre-construction.
The total length of the project is 177.555 km.
The concession period will be 24 years including construction period of 30 months.
The main object of the project is to expedite the improvement of infrastructure in Uttar Pradesh and also in reducing the time and cost of travel for traffic, particularly heavy traffic, plying between Ghaghar Bridge (Indo Nepal Border) and Varanasi. It will also increase the employment potential for the local labourers for the project activities.
The project is covered in the districts of Ambedkar Nagar, Azamgarh, Jaunpur and Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh.
(Release ID :81578)