English Release 23-November 2014
- President's Secretariat
- PRESIDENT’S MESSAGE ON THE EVE OF THE MARTYRDOM DAY OF GURU TEG BAHADUR
- PRESS COMMUNIQUE
- Min of Defence
- Coastal Security Network Must Ensure Zero Tolerance to Error: Parrikar
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- 45TH IFFI Celebrates Dance in Indian Cinema
- New Experiments in Documentaries Section
- 45th IFFI Pays Retrospective Honours to Gulzar; Screens ‘Libas’
- Cinema Means Love and Responsibility Not Business: Mohsen Makhmalbaf
- Student Filmmakers are Promising and Full of Original Concepts: Prof. B. Diwakar
- Min of Parliamentary Affairs
- Government convenes all Party meet on CSAT exam issue
- Prime Minister confident of a productive Winter Session of Parliament beginning tomorrow
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh receives cheque for J&K flood relief from PEPCO Bank
- Min of Science & Technology
- HPV option to prevent preterm births dangerous --Dr Harsh Vardhan
Cabinet Committee on Infrastructure23-March, 2012 20:13 IST
|Four laning of Ghaghar Bridge (Indo Nepal Border) – Varanasi section on NH 233 in Uttar Pradesh|
|The Cabinet Committee on Infrastructure today approved the investment proposal for the implementation of the project for the development of four laning of Ghaghar Bridge (Indo Nepal Border) - Varanasi section of NH 233 in Uttar Pradesh under NHDP Phase IV on DBFOT basis in BOT (Toll ) mode of delivery. |
The cost of the project will be Rs.1895.95 crore out which Rs.388.12 crore will be towards land acquisition, rehabilitation, resettlement and pre-construction.
The total length of the project is 177.555 km.
The concession period will be 24 years including construction period of 30 months.
The main object of the project is to expedite the improvement of infrastructure in Uttar Pradesh and also in reducing the time and cost of travel for traffic, particularly heavy traffic, plying between Ghaghar Bridge (Indo Nepal Border) and Varanasi. It will also increase the employment potential for the local labourers for the project activities.
The project is covered in the districts of Ambedkar Nagar, Azamgarh, Jaunpur and Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh.
(Release ID :81578)