English Release 22-May 2013
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President’s Banquet Speech at Tashkent, Republic of Uzbekistan
- Prime Minister's Office
- Prime Minister’s speech on the occasion of the release of the ‘Report to the People'
- Election Commission
- Enviornment Ministry Celebrates International Day for Biological Diversity
- Min of Agriculture
Farmers, Farming Communities Honoured for their Contribution in Conserving Plant Genetic Resources
- Min of Corporate Affairs
- ICSI Conducts National Seminar on ‘Indian Financial Code’
- Min of Defence
- Minister of State for Defence Visits AFMS Institutions
- Foundation Stone of Indian National Defence University will be laid Tomorrow
- Ministry of Finance
- P. Chidambaram’s Speech at ICSI Seminar on Indian Financial Code
- Change in Tariff Value of Gold Notified
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Indo-China Bilateral Meet on Healthcare Sector Held
- Azad Meets Sebelius at Geneva
- Min of Mines
Health Problems of Persons in Mining Sector
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- International crude oil price of Indian Basket falls sharply
to 101.98/US$ bbl on 21.5.2013
- Min of Power
Hydro Power Generation Capacity
- Planning Commission
- Madhya Pradesh Plan for 2013-14 Finalized
Ministry of Civil Aviation26-April, 2012 16:48 IST
|Changes in Aviation Sector|
| Shri Ajit Singh, the Minister of Civil Aviation informed Rajya Sabha today in a written reply that the civil aviation sector is passing through a phase of crisis, where most airlines are incurring operational losses. The Government has taken several measures to ameliorate the problems being faced by airlines and ensure long term viability of the sector. Some of the steps taken by the Government in this regard are as follows:
i) A Working Group has been constituted under the Chairmanship of Secretary, Civil Aviation with Finance Secretary, Secretary, Financial Services, Secretary, Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas and Director General of Foreign Trade to discuss the factors causing stress in civil aviation and to suggest solutions to the same.
ii) The issue of rationalization of Value Added Tax (VAT) on Aviation Turbine Fuel (ATF), has been taken up with the State Governments.
iii) Director General of Foreign Trade has allowed import of ATF by airlines on actual user basis.
iv) A Committee under the Chairmanship of Secretary, Civil Aviation has been constituted to undertake formulation of a Civil Aviation Policy.
The Minister further informed that the Indian Air Transport Industry is burdened with higher operating cost than their counter parts globally. This is mainly due to the high costs of ATF and the distorted and high rate of taxes on all services and commodities associated with the sector. Fuel, aircraft leases, airport charges, air tickets, air navigation service charges, maintenance costs, fuel throughput fees, into-plane fuel charges, are also subjected to service taxes.
(Release ID :82623)