English Release 22-May 2013
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President’s Banquet Speech at Tashkent, Republic of Uzbekistan
- Prime Minister's Office
- Prime Minister’s speech on the occasion of the release of the ‘Report to the People'
- Election Commission
- Enviornment Ministry Celebrates International Day for Biological Diversity
- Min of Agriculture
Farmers, Farming Communities Honoured for their Contribution in Conserving Plant Genetic Resources
- Min of Corporate Affairs
- ICSI Conducts National Seminar on ‘Indian Financial Code’
- Min of Defence
- Minister of State for Defence Visits AFMS Institutions
- Foundation Stone of Indian National Defence University will be laid Tomorrow
- Ministry of Finance
- P. Chidambaram’s Speech at ICSI Seminar on Indian Financial Code
- Change in Tariff Value of Gold Notified
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Indo-China Bilateral Meet on Healthcare Sector Held
- Azad Meets Sebelius at Geneva
- Min of Mines
Health Problems of Persons in Mining Sector
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- International crude oil price of Indian Basket falls sharply
to 101.98/US$ bbl on 21.5.2013
- Min of Power
Hydro Power Generation Capacity
- Planning Commission
- Madhya Pradesh Plan for 2013-14 Finalized
Ministry of Finance18-May, 2012 16:22 IST
|Functioning of RRBs|
|The Government reviews the performance of Regional Rural Banks (RRBs) on an ongoing basis. The Committee constituted by Government under the chairmanship of Dr. K.C. Chakrabarty on Capital to Risk Weighted Assets Ratio (CRAR) has reviewed the performance and the financial position of Regional Rural Banks (RRBs). After assessment of financial position of RRBs the Committee in April, 2010 inter-alia recommended recapitalization of 40 RRBs to improve their CRAR.
In view of the recommendations of Dr. Chakrabarty Committee, an amount of Rs. 66.49 crore was released to 5 RRBs during 2010-11 and Rs.402.43 crore has been release to 19 RRBs during 2011-12 as the release of Central Government share is subject to the release of proportionate share by concerned State Government and sponsor bank.
As per information reported by NABARD, the total loan issued by RRBs have increased from Rs.56,079 crore during 2009-10 to Rs.71,724.19 crore during 2010-11 registering a growth of 27.89%.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Finance, Shri Namo Narain Meena in written reply to a question in Lok Sabha today.
* * *
(Release ID :84128)