English Release 17-September 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- Chinese President and First Lady visit Sabarmati Riverfront, accompanied by the PM
PM and Chinese President visit Sabarmati Ashram.
- PM and Chinese President Xi Jinping witness signing of 3 MoUs in Ahmedabad
- PM launches Swavlamban Abhiyaan - new pro-poor initiatives of the Gujarat Government
- Min of Agriculture
- Finance to 5 Lakh Joint Farming Groups of “Bhoomi Heen Kisan” through Nabard in the Current Financial Year
- Min of Commerce & Industry
Deputy USTR Meets Commerce Secretary
- India to be Partner Country in Hannover Messe Fair During April 2015
- Gilead Briefs Nirmala Sitharaman about their Licensing Agreements with Seven India-Based Generic Pharmaceutical Manufacturers
- Min of Defence
- Operation Megh Rahat : 17 sep 14
Restoration of connectivity
- Opening Ceremony : Exercise Yudh Abhyas 2014
- Ministry of Finance
- Bank of Maharashtra Celebrates its 80th Foundation Day; Crosses the Business Level of Rs 2 Lakh Crores
- CMD, IFCI Ltd. Presents A Dividend Cheque of Rs. 92.30 Crore to the Union Finance Minister
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Medical Relief Operation Stepped up in J&K
- Min of Home Affairs
- A delegation of Unified Naga Council calls on the Union Home Minister
- Union Minister for Surface Transport & Highways and Shipping Calls on Union Home Minister
- Uttarakhand Minister calls on Union Home Minister
- Union Home Minister to attend Sixth Meeting of SAARC Ministers of Interior / Home at Kathmandu
- Min of Labour & Employment
- Shri Narendra Singh Tomar presents Vishwakarma and Safety Awards
- Min of Micro,Small & Medium Enterprises
- Govt Lobbying Hard for Base Rate Interest Regime for MSME : Kalraj Mishra
- Min of Minority Affairs
- Dr.Najma Heptulla Announces Rs.120 Crore Relief and Rehabilitation Package for J&K Flood Victims
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas takes several measures to ensure availability of essential petroleum products in the aftermath of floods in the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Daily Crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 95.92/bbl on 16.09.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- Commodity-Wise Freight Revenue Earnings of Railways Goes Up by 16.70 Per Cent in August 2014 & 10.67 Per Cent During April-August 2014
- Min of Textiles
- Textiles Minister Honours 54 Women Achievers in Sericulture
- Min of Women and Child Development
- Press Note of Union Ministry of Women & Child Development
Ministry of Corporate Affairs21-May, 2012 14:15 IST
|National Competition Policy in the final stages of adoption – CCI celebrates 3 years of enforcement of competition laws|
|Government is in the process of bringing out a National Competition Policy that will aim to achieve highest sustainable levels of economic growth, entrepreneurship and employment. Minister of Corporate Affairs Dr. Veerappa Moily stated this while speaking at the annual day workshop organised by Competition Commission of India jointly with UNCTAD to commemorate three years of implementation of Competition Act. Dr. Moily stated that the proposed New National Competition Policy has already been circulated to the Ministries /Departments for their comments and thereafter the policy will be put up to Cabinet for approval. |
Dr. Veerappa Moily congratulated the Competition Commission of India for completing three years of enforcement of competition laws. He observed that some of the decisions of CCI have proved to be important milestones in ensuring free play of market forces in a liberalised economy. The Union Minister of Corporate Affairs also stressed that ultimately consumers should be the focus of any policy that Govt. makes and consumer should be the ultimate beneficiary.
Dr. Veerappa Moily opined that the objective of competition laws was to protect competition and not the competitors. He highlighted the need for competition to be promoted, protected and nurtured through appropriate regulatory mechanism. Policies initiated and pursued in various sectors like manufacturing, electricity, telecommunications, roads, transport, civil aviation, tourism etc. have yielded rich dividends so far. Dr. Moily stated that there has been an addition of 45 million new entrepreneurs during the last two decades on account of introduction of Competition. The minister expressed the hope that effective enforcements of Competition Laws and enactment of new National policy will pave the way for the second biggest reform initiatives after the 1991 economic reforms.
Earlier Shri Ashok Chawla, Chairperson, Competition Commission of India stressed on the need to sensitise the state Owned Enterprises about the Competition Act so that they could have robust, Competition Compliance and good operating practices that could be emulated by their private counter parts.
Shri Naved Masood, Secretary, Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Shri O.P.Rawat, Secretary, Department of Public Enterprises and Mr. Hassan Qugaya , Head, Competition and consumer Protection Branch, UNCTAD also spoke on the occasion.
The two day workshop have been organised by Competition Commission of India on the subject of Competition Law and State Owned Enterprises (SOEs). The workshop is being attended by Secretaries of various Ministries and Chiefs of PSUs. Speakers from jurisdictions such as Russia, United Kindgdom, European Commission, Korean Fair Trade Commission, Korea, South Africa and Australian Authority are participating in the workshop.
(Release ID :84220)