English Release 30-September 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President congratulates medal winners in Asian Games 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of Joint Editorial by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi and US President Mr. Barack Obama, published on the website of Washington Post
- PM to share his thoughts with the countrymen through Radio
- Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi's interaction session at the Council on Foreign Relations in New York
- Vision Statement for the U.S.-India Strategic Partnership
- PM’s address and interaction at Council on Foreign Relations in New York City
- Min of Agriculture
- Inclusion of State of Bihar under Foot and Mouth Disease Control Programme (FMD-CP)
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- Index of Eight Core Industries (Base: 2004-05=100), August, 2014
- Min of Defence
India US Combined Military Training Exercise
- Ministry of Finance
Change in Tariff Value of Crude Palm Oil, RBD Palm Oil, Others – Palm Oil, Crude Palmolein, RBD Palmolein, Others – Palmolein, Crude Soyabean Oil, Brass Scrap (All Grades), Poppy Seeds, Areca Nuts, Gold and Silver Notified
- Task Forces as Recommended by FSLRC Constituted for Laying the Road Map for Setting-up of Resolution Corporation (RC), Financial Data Management Centre (FDMC), Financial Sector Appellate Tribunal (FSAT) and Public Debt Management Agency (PDMA)
- Centralized Processing Center (CPC), Bengluru Becomes ISO-27001:2005 Compliant
- Min of Heavy Ind. & Public Enterprises
- Shri Kapil Dev Tripathi take Charge of Secretary Department of Public Enterprises
- Min of Home Affairs
- Union Home Minister receives contribution to PMNRF from National Police Academy
- Min of New and Renewable Energy
- First Renewable Energy Global Investment Promotion Meet & Expo to be held in February 2015
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 95.26 per bbl on 29.09.2014
- Min of Shipping
- Concept to be Finalised Soon for Impementation of the Sagar Mala Project
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- India won 2 Gold, 2 Silver and 3 Bronze Medals on Day 11 of Asian Games 2014
- Min of Urban Development
- Swachh Bharat Mission Logo and Tagline contest winners to be felicitated by Prime Minister
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Uma Bharti to Administer Swachh Bharat Shapath
- Min of Women and Child Development
- Smt. Maneka Sanjay Gandhi launches the New Guaranteed Minimum Pension Scheme in Dehradun
Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation29-June, 2012 15:55 IST
|Statistics Day 2012 Celebrated |
|The Union Minister of State (I/C) for Statistics & Programme Implementation Shri Srikant Kumar Jena has said that his Department has been undertaking systematic and sustained efforts on continuous basis to make available appropriate Industrial Statistics to the planners and policy makers for effective policy planning in the country. |
Speaking on the celebrations of 6th Statistics Day here today, Shri Jena said that the theme this year has been chosen as ‘Industrial Statistics’ mainly because of its significant relevance in the context of economic development process. He said, it is expected that the focus on the theme of Industrial Statistics shall pave way for further improvement and strengthening of collection and dissemination of information pertaining to Industrial Statistics.
The Statistics Day is being celebrated on the birth anniversary of Professor Prasanta Chandra Mahalanobis, an eminent statistician whose contribution to the field of applied statistics and development planning is un-parallel. Dr Kaushik Basu, Chief Economic Adviser, Ministry of Finance, Government of India was also present on the occasion.
Shri Jena informed that his Ministry has been taking numerous steps to strengthen the capacity of statistical system, particularly at States, to improve the reliability and credibility of various data being produced in the country at different levels. It includes India Statistical Strengthening Project (ISSP) that is one of the major initiatives to strengthen the State statistical system in the country. He talked about the strengthening of Statistical system through various initiatives like signing of MoUs with Government of Afghanistan, EuroStat, with SAARC countries and statistical cooperation among BRICS national statistical organizations.
The Minister spoke about the importance of industrial sector, its contribution to Indian economy and the significant role played by industrial statistics in the Indian economy, both for research and policy-making. He informed that the Central Government plans to conduct the Sixth Economic Census as a Central Sector Plan Scheme in collaboration with all State and Union Territory Governments. He stressed on the need for timeliness and consistency of data for its proper utility and to ensure the credibility of the statistical system. While concluding he asked the entire statistical fraternity in the country to adopt highly professional approach by following scientific principles, standards, protocol, cautious and rigorous approach to maintain high standards for ensuring the confidence of various stakeholders, which shall be a true tribute to Professor Mahalanobis by carrying forward his legacy.
Earlier, the Minister gave away National Award for outstanding and meritorious research work in statistics constituted in the honour of Prof. P.V. Sukhatme to Prof. Shyama Prasad Mukherjee and Prof. Jayant Vinayak Deshpande for the year 2011-12.
On the occasion, the Minster released two Statistical Publications “Millennium Development Goal-India Country Report, 2011”and “India in Figures”.
(Release ID :85078)